Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electron§

Has anyone ever noticed on the self titled cover the skull has a line which raps around the top of it? It looks like to me it was supposed to indicate the skull was lobotomized. Maybe this is a metaphoric clue as to some of the albums inner meaning?  :)

One_Weak

Quote from: Electron§ on Oct 22, 2011, 01:07 PM
Has anyone ever noticed on the self titled cover the skull has a line which raps around the top of it? It looks like to me it was supposed to indicate the skull was lobotomized. Maybe this is a metaphoric clue as to some of the albums inner meaning?  :)

"whoa, duuuude!"

lol but yeah, I noticed too.
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

What does the grid on it symbolize then, to you? Notice it? :-\
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

One_Weak

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 23, 2011, 02:23 AM

I always thought that was just fold creases or whatever. and what about the lines under the eye sockets while we're at it? they seem a lil peculiar to me
but then again maybe i'm just nitpicking it now lol
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

Electron§

Quote from: One_Weak on Oct 23, 2011, 07:06 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 23, 2011, 02:23 AM

I always thought that was just fold creases or whatever. and what about the lines under the eye sockets while we're at it? they seem a lil peculiar to me
but then again maybe i'm just nitpicking it now lol

Ive noticed that as well actually. They looked identical under each socket, so that led me to believe that the skull was actually just taken as a picture from one side, then that side was flipped and applied to the other side, to make the full skull.

Electron§

Someone needs to get Chino and Omar Rodriquez Lopez in the studio together to write some Deftones stuff. Then have Terry produce it. That shit would be *the* bomb.

One_Weak

Quote from: Electron§ on Oct 23, 2011, 08:40 AM
Someone needs to get Chino and Omar Rodriquez Lopez in the studio together to write some Deftones stuff. Then have Terry produce it. That shit would be *the* bomb.

yeah, Terry FTW  ;D

TheShade1989

Chino and Omar...that'd be a weird and awesome combination.

Electron§

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Oct 24, 2011, 08:55 AM

Chino and Omar...that'd be a weird and awesome combination.

Oddly I think they have very similar sensibilities musically.

sing blue silver

am i the only one who thinks that would be a train wreck? it'd certainly be an awful idea for deftones material. maybe with team sleep it'd work.

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
am i the only one who thinks that would be a train wreck? it'd certainly be an awful idea for deftones material

well i agree with you. i like mars volta too, but i like them for different reasons - just can't mix shit together because they're both good.
i like pancakes and i also like ketchup, but i wouldn't dream of having ketchup on pancakes

pony_01

Chino should collaborate with Fred Durst on new record!
I mean, should not. :D

sing blue silver

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
I mean, should not. :D

i don't really have anyone i'd like to see on a deftones record. i'd really love to see chino on a mastodon track though.

One_Weak

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
am i the only one who thinks that would be a train wreck? it'd certainly be an awful idea for deftones material

i like pancakes and i also like ketchup, but i wouldn't dream of having ketchup on pancakes

very well put

and I do agree

I would also like to see ("hear," more aptly) JUST Deftones on the new album. that being, no 'featuring' this or that, which IMO butchers "Lucky You" which I don't even regard as a Deftones track. Whenever asked about my least favorite Deftones song (excluding covers) I always say Mein or Back to School, simply because I FORGET about that song...

*clears throat*

okay, I'm done now.  ;D

from_musings

Quote from: One_Weak on Oct 26, 2011, 05:51 AM
"Lucky You" which I don't even regard as a Deftones track.

i've seen others posting that.. i really don't think it's anyless of a deftones song than pink cellphone or teenager. in fact,i think lucky you fits the self titled perfectly, it's still heavy and dark like many other songs on that record although it's presented with other instruments.i'm happy it's on there.the deftones song that i really don't regard as a deftones song if i had to pick one is sextape. it's extremly lame,cheesy and weak - can't feel the deftones vibe in it at all. but yeah,it's on a deftones record, written by deftones- so it's a deftones song no matter what i think

wheresmysnare

Sextape is like a Smashing Pumpkins song but I don't know it's alright i just don't have any patience for the chorus, i actually prefer the verses

One_Weak

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 26, 2011, 01:16 PM
Quote from: One_Weak on Oct 26, 2011, 05:51 AM
"Lucky You" which I don't even regard as a Deftones track.

i've seen others posting that.. i really don't think it's anyless of a deftones song than pink cellphone or teenager. in fact,i think lucky you fits the self titled perfectly, it's still heavy and dark like many other songs on that record although it's presented with other instruments.i'm happy it's on there.the deftones song that i really don't regard as a deftones song if i had to pick one is sextape. it's extremly lame,cheesy and weak - can't feel the deftones vibe in it at all. but yeah,it's on a deftones record, written by deftones- so it's a deftones song no matter what i think

haha yeah I sort of feel you in the sense that it fits that album, and if it were on any other album I don't think it would make much sense. and true, Pink Cellphone is a bit odd for a Deftones track but I like it nonetheless; Teenager is one of my favs, albeit really slow and Team Sleepy, so that's where I stand there. Sextape is also one of my favorites when it comes to their slow songs, which helps remind me how vast their capabilities are. I just hope this new album is more like Adrenaline and ATF

sing blue silver

Quote from: One_Weak on Oct 27, 2011, 01:20 AM
I just hope this new album is more like Adrenaline and ATF

i REALLY don't. either move forward or stop making music. once the deftones start repeating themselves i'll be mighty displeased. those albums already exist, and are fantastic. who would want to hear them made again? the only thing i want to see again is more of that intensity and fire that was really toned down on DE. i love deftones because every new album sounds new and fresh and different. otherwise i'd get bored.

One_Weak

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 27, 2011, 03:34 AM
Quote from: One_Weak on Oct 27, 2011, 01:20 AM
I just hope this new album is more like Adrenaline and ATF

i REALLY don't. either move forward or stop making music. once the deftones start repeating themselves i'll be mighty displeased. those albums already exist, and are fantastic. who would want to hear them made again? the only thing i want to see again is more of that intensity and fire that was really toned down on DE. i love deftones because every new album sounds new and fresh and different. otherwise i'd get bored.

get bored and wish for a real one huh?  ;) no but I do agree, I guess that's what I meant. I want more of that intensity and rawness expressed in the earlier albums, then toned down in Diamond Eyes. I want them to blow my miiiiiind all over again  :o

100Modem

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 25, 2011, 03:03 PM