Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteen

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 28, 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote from: nineteen on Oct 28, 2011, 09:27 PM
One thing's for certain though; Deftones catalogue is incredibly good for a band. Usually bands go bust or release a really really crap album, but they seem to have stayed the path pretty well.

uh oh you forgot SNW!

haha, well, it ain't crap that's for sure. It just doesn't flow well that's all...

Penicks

so nick diaz had feiticeira as entrance music at last night's ufc 137, pretty cool

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Penicks on Oct 30, 2011, 05:45 PM
so nick diaz had feiticeira as entrance music at last night's ufc 137, pretty cool

SWEET! Always thought that would make good entrance music, that or Korea

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Penicks on Oct 30, 2011, 05:45 PM

Yeah dude he's had diamond eyes before i think when they were playing in the same city he was fighting in, im NOT SURE HOW I KNOW THAT GIVEN THAT I DONT EVEN FOLLOW UFC, CAPS LOCK DAMN IT

elite54

he always comes out to feit or root.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 29, 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Oct 27, 2011, 11:37 PM
I will say ST is the last real Deftones record

i see it that way too,and i don't think the new record that eventually will come is going to change that.
however,it's definitely not all bad after those records, on d.e we have royal,prince,risk - damn good stuff, and snw... well... the cover art is great.

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 28, 2011, 03:33 AM
Why are u here so frequently?

he's here to tell all of you noobs what's up when you're wrong ;)

Quote from: Electron§ on Oct 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
For all we know though, Eros broke this chain and brought us something completely new.

the person who commented on how eros sounds, a person who wasn't involved in the making of it , is sergio. and he said it sounded pretty similair to d.e
noobs? been here longer than u  bud. but who's counting? you?  ;) I don't sit on here all day and analyze everything ppl say to post 10 times a day, my bad. And I'm not wrong technically,  ST wasn't their last "real record". Nothing wrong with loving all of them.  Although, st is my favorite of all time for music in general
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

first of all,i was comparing him to you and some others, not me. secondly, i was talking about "new to the tones" not new to the board.thirdly,it wasn't that serious. finally, s/t is pretty badass

wheresmysnare

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2011, 11:19 PM
first of all,i was comparing him to you and some others, not me. secondly, i was talking about "new to the tones" not new to the board.thirdly,it wasn't that serious. finally, s/t is pretty badass

You have to have a self absorbed '@me' blog on SL to be considered a true SL pro. Im glad you guys actually bother to post in a deftones related thread.

I totally agree with combat analogy, i feel like im being winched out of a public sewer when the intro starts

wheresmysnare

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Nov 01, 2011, 11:08 PM

You have to have a self absorbed '@me' blog on SL to be considered a true SL pro. Im glad you guys actually bother to post in a deftones related thread.

I totally agree with combat analogy, i feel like im being winched out of a public sewer when the intro starts

(ok SNW has its moments)

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

No excuses from me but I was in a very messy mood and really that's usually when I come on here and relieve that. My bad, I apologize sincerely bc it was immature. Fuck me! lol ST is a beast at least we agree. lol, sorry

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

:-\ U know,  I really thought we would get some kind of post or something at least from Chino on Halloween?!?! Like a pic of something evil or a sinister quote of some kind. I even logged on to look. Maybe I missed something? :-\

sing blue silver

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Nov 02, 2011, 03:02 AM
:-\ U know,  I really thought we would get some kind of post or something at least from Chino on Halloween?!?! Like a pic of something evil or a sinister quote of some kind. I even logged on to look. Maybe I missed something? :-\

i certainly wouldn't expect it.

Electron§

Im actually starting to realize I really like some of the songs on SNW, and its starting to sink in that its *the* fifth album from Deftones. The one which fits along with Adrenaline, ATF, White Pony, and S/T. Idk why it took this long. When it first came out, I really only heard "Hole In the Earth" and "Cherry Waves", and ive always liked those, but then I heard "Beware (The Water)", around the time Diamond Eyes came out, and DE's suckiness made me think besides "Cherry Waves" and "HITE", SNW was where Deftones started to kick the musical bucket. But lately Im starting to realize thats wrong. Ive accepted that the style on Saturday Night Wrist is just another evolution of Deftones sound, (except for a few songs which I still despise like "Pink Cellphone" and "Beware (The Water)").

Now... Diamond Eyes? Idk when I'm gonna accept that style. Probably never. Its like all the flaws of SNW times ten.

Vesanic

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 02, 2011, 08:25 AM
Im actually starting to realize I really like some of the songs on SNW, and its starting to sink in that its *the* fifth album from Deftones. The one which fits along with Adrenaline, ATF, White Pony, and S/T. Idk why it took this long. When it first came out, I really only heard "Hole In the Earth" and "Cherry Waves", and ive always liked those, but then I heard "Beware (The Water)", around the time Diamond Eyes came out, and DE's suckiness made me think besides "Cherry Waves" and "HITE", SNW was where Deftones started to kick the musical bucket. But lately Im starting to realize thats wrong. Ive accepted that the style on Saturday Night Wrist is just another evolution of Deftones sound, (except for a few songs which I still despise like "Pink Cellphone" and "Beware (The Water)").

RivièreRivièreRivièreRivièreRivière

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 02, 2011, 11:59 AM
Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 02, 2011, 08:25 AM

RivièreRivièreRivièreRivièreRivière

What about it?

Vesanic

Haha, nothing. It's just my personal favorite from SNW and, to me, one of their best songs.

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 03, 2011, 12:17 AM
Haha, nothing. It's just my personal favorite from SNW and, to me, one of their best songs.

I used to like Riviere, but I havent really listened to it lately.

Electron§

Anyone notice Deftones seem to have a thing for doing that same kind of riff used in the bridge of "Hexagram" where it seems like the music stops and restarts very quickly in rapid succession. They did in "Rats!Rats!Rats!" after that, and now "Melanie". That's three different songs.

ltdef

I just wanted to ask about the source of the title of the track "Damone". I never read it on any official thing released by the deftones. Was there an interview or article or where does it came from? I want to know that for years... ???

One_Weak

Quote from: ltdef on Nov 04, 2011, 08:42 PM
I just wanted to ask about the source of the title of the track "Damone". I never read it on any official thing released by the deftones. Was there an interview or article or where does it came from? I want to know that for years... ???

I read somewhere that it might've been someone's name (last probably instead of first), but then again that's also what I heard/read "MX" might come from too. personally I just think "DA MOAN" of the music lol
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e