Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

Wasnt there an interview with Abe and Frank (I think?) where they said they had quite a few songs that havent been released yet? Just because they havent told us about them, doesnt mean they dont exist.

Electron§

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 11, 2011, 08:22 AM
Wasnt there an interview with Abe and Frank (I think?) where they said they had quite a few songs that havent been released yet? Just because they havent told us about them, doesnt mean they dont exist.

Haven't released from the S/T sessions or in general?

Electron§

http://www.deftonesworld.com/hit-parader-2003-deftones-interviewed/

"When they left Seattle and headed to Los Angeles to mix their fourth album, the Deftones had completed 14 songs, one of which can be heard on the Matrix Reloaded."

This means there's two extra songs from the S/T era we have no idea about. This is a very exciting discovery to me.  ;D

WHAT *ELSE* ARE YOU HIDING FROM US, CHINO.

Vesanic

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 11, 2011, 06:58 AM
Ves said "XO" is from the SNW days im pretty sure. 

I think it is.

sooniletugo

For some reason on Spotify, Black Moon is called "XO". Dumb.

Electron§

Quote from: sooniletugo on Nov 11, 2011, 07:15 PM
For some reason on Spotify, Black Moon is called "XO". Dumb.

I noticed this as well. I thought it was strange.

Deftones-argentina

Xo comes from the self titled sessions, somewhere it was described as a piano, (isntrumental?)  piece, not to be confused with FTIHYD which was from SNW.
as a matter of fact, XO was going to be released in the Bloody cape single with lovers also on it. Never happened.

Electron§

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Nov 12, 2011, 03:37 AM
Xo comes from the self titled sessions, somewhere it was described as a piano, (isntrumental?)  piece, not to be confused with FTIHYD which was from SNW.
as a matter of fact, XO was going to be released in the Bloody cape single with lovers also on it. Never happened.

Source?

ltdef

Quote from: ltdef on Nov 04, 2011, 06:42 PM
I just wanted to ask about the source of the title of the track "Damone". I never read it on any official thing released by the deftones. Was there an interview or article or where does it came from? I want to know that for years... ???

Found proof: http://www.deftonesworld.com/loudside-february-1998-stef-and-chino-interviewed/

Vesanic

He doesn't explain the title of the song, though.

Electron§

Whats funny is when I first read some of the track listing for Diamond Eyes I imagined "976-Evil", "Sextape", and "Beauty School" as being *really* heavy dark songs and "Rocket Skates" as being a slower song. lol.

Vesanic

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 14, 2011, 10:32 AM
Whats funny is when I first read some of the track listing for Diamond Eyes I imagined "976-Evil", "Sextape", and "Beauty School" as being *really* heavy dark songs and "Rocket Skates" as being a slower song. lol.

If only.

Northcal

Im new idk if this has been done before if so in advance my badd,if not lets break that thin layer of ice , mine iz digital bath and yours iz?

Northcal

again in advance if this iz an old topic and im almost sure it is my badd,but I need to know ,this song iz one of a few songs I dont have ,i know its on the hexagram cd  single

Northcal

Here we go the warfield in san francisco,ca on 7-2-2007

deftoolsys07

Stubbs BBQ in Austin, TX 10-09-04
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

glasstone1983

2001-08-04 Latrobe, PA - Rolling Rock Festival 2.0 .  Only two clips were on Pay Per View but still my favorite Deftones show to date.  Chino was drunk as hell and went into the crowd right in front of me during My Own Summer it was epic.  Also, they played Digital Bath without chino on guitar since his guitar fucked up but it sounded amazing.

deftoolsys07

"Do you mind if I turn off this R&B music, I kinda wanna hear you breathing."

"Umm... ok.. You want to take off your pajama bottoms?"

"Actually, I feel more comfortable if I just stick my penis through this hole. "

Chapelle's Show - Trading Spouses In the Bedroom

Haha sorry, I had to.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

amber

Maritime Hall San Francisco December 16, 1998

nicklav

Crest Theater
Sacramento
May 20th, 2003