Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

tom.lac

Olympia, Paris, FR (w/ Will Haven)

pony_01

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Nov 17, 2011, 12:41 AM
Never been to one  :'(  :(  :'(  >:(  :-[  :'(
I'd love so much for them to come but I don't know if there's any chance of them coming to South Africa!!!!!
We've had a lot of bands recently like '30STM', 'Korn', 'Muse'   :-\ (none of which I really like), Chris Cornell   8)  (who was awesome and played a lot of Soundgarden classics, stuff from 'Louder than Love' and 'Badmotorfinger') - all of whom have sold out shows and had awesome experiences - there's definitely loads of people here who would love to see them (wish Deftones would read this).
We also have a few festivals that bring some of the big 'alternative' and 'rock' bands.
One of the most popular concert venues is literally within walking distance from my house - what I'd do to go to a Deftones concert at the end of my street!!!!!!
I'll be very pleased with myself for buying my house where I did!  ;D
If they don't come sooner or later, I'm going to make a trip to the U.S. to see them.

you know what? i always thought that Deftones never come to Indonesia, everr.. even i mentioned here before desperately that they will never come, but then. they're come xD because we bombard their management with tweets! isnt that awesome
deftones will come wherever there's hardcore fan ;)

TheShade1989

Rocket Skates is the weirdest title in my opinion. Or Bloody Cape. I dont know, I think sometimes they just think up weird and random titles without a meaning that links to the song, like Kimdracula. But I thought I read somewhere that Korea was called Korea because, like you said, it was about their partying in Korea or whatever.

snw9

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Nov 17, 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote from: Jacob on Nov 15, 2011, 02:12 PM
I don't know. what I do know is that it should've been on there instead of Lucky You. if any song doesn't fit, it's that one. plus, it's incredibly boring.

Don't agree with you there ,well at least not completely.
'Lucky You' needs to be listened to in context of the whole album - yeah you're probably right, it is a bit boring if listened to alone but I think that if you're listening to the whole album, it acts as kind of an intermission
and adds a bit of mood to the album.
I see it more as an intermission or 'atmosphere enhancer' than an actual song.

Juvenile - what don't you like about 'GMB'?  - I think it's an awesome song, to me there's a lot of emotion in that song.

Vocals are definitely great but the song bores me at times unlike the others and lovers.
Code: [Select]

from_musings

Quote from: One_Weak on Nov 17, 2011, 04:17 AM
Chino wrote the song when they were partying in Korea, touring or whatever

Quote from: One_Weak on Nov 17, 2011, 04:17 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Korea was called Korea because, like you said, it was about their partying in Korea or whatever.

korea is written like in 1999,and named "korea" in 2000 (it was called white pony in the first tracklist i've got) And their first tour in korea (south korea) was in 2009 i believe. so how could they name a song about partying in korea when they hadn't been there? they went there on vacation in the 90's?

snw9

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Nov 17, 2011, 03:41 AM
you've never made love until you've done it with White Pony Instrumental.

And where is this instrumental??
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

I've read somewhere it was related to prostitution in Korea... I highly doubt this, though.

Penicks

more likely would be "it just sounds cool dawg"

slyartwork

Quote from: nineteen on Nov 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
Friday 10th October 1997, with Far.
Nottingham Rock City, UK.

Chino did a guest slot on 'Seasick' by Far as much as I can remember and also crowd-surfed to the bar to get a drink.

Mine was 3 days later....
Oct 13, 1997
Melkweg, Amsterdam

My friend taped the entire show on DAT (so audio...) and put it out on a commercial bootleg called Around The Max, a title we both came up with. Jonah sang along on BQAD. I heard the ATF songs for the first time since it was not out yet.
It is no.1 on my coolest ever shows list....

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

skinnypuppy

Penicks

nineteen

Quote from: slyartwork on Nov 17, 2011, 08:05 PM
Quote from: nineteen on Nov 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
Friday 10th October 1997, with Far.
Nottingham Rock City, UK.

Chino did a guest slot on 'Seasick' by Far as much as I can remember and also crowd-surfed to the bar to get a drink.

Mine was 3 days later....
Oct 13, 1997
Melkweg, Amsterdam

My friend taped the entire show on DAT (so audio...) and put it out on a commercial bootleg called Around The Max, a title we both came up with. Jonah sang along on BQAD. I heard the ATF songs for the first time since it was not out yet.
It is no.1 on my coolest ever shows list....

Nice one mate. The Rock City gig is the same for me.

iceache

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 AM
Quote from: Livewire on Nov 15, 2011, 01:04 PM

???????
I don't get it

They called the song Kevin Sorbo, they don't even know the song as Lovers when people ask them about it.

100Modem

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 17, 2011, 03:35 AM
this is the most unsexy thread i've ever seen BUT let it be known, I have found the ladies love crosses. as for deftones, throw on white pony and have at it.

this.

Electron§

I don't really see the lyrics of "Korea" as straight forward. It sounds to me like Chino's doing the usual making you think its straight forward and simple, but really its not what you think.

dictatesofreason

maybe they got their coke from korea??

Livewire

Quote from: iceache on Nov 17, 2011, 11:01 PM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Nov 17, 2011, 12:25 AM
Quote from: Livewire on Nov 15, 2011, 01:04 PM

???????
I don't get it

They called the song Kevin Sorbo, they don't even know the song as Lovers when people ask them about it.

Nice, I was hoping someone else knew about that.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Like I said before, the beginning of the track reminds me of nuclear warfare. Like "heat" actually (radiation). We've been concerned with N. Korea's arms here in the U.S. (Deftone's homeland) for way longer than White Pony's debut. I could b wrong but I think they found a similarity there too  after the tentative title and kicking it around a bit.... ???????? :-\
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!