Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Yes. Frank dated both Rihanna and Hilary Duff. 

Vesanic

Chino shagged Madonna. They were with Maverick, no need to guess how.

lostpilot

bebo

isnt chino engaged now? not that i give a flying fuck

snw9

Quote from: bebo on Dec 12, 2011, 08:40 PM
isnt chino engaged now? not that i give a flying fuck

thats cool to know, maybe another around the fur dedicated to his new wife hahah
Code: [Select]

Danny Keyes

chino's current fiance used to appear in rap videos not sure which one though

Vesanic

I remember one of the latest noobs/trolls/whatevs came up with that page announcing their wedding...

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

There are so many threads here on their own that could use some disappearing powers :-\. This bullshit thread is great and would b the best place for all the questions and garbage that new ppl (won't mention any names but Northcal) are threading... just saying. :-X :)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

i assume the original thought with the bs thread was to come here and talk about meaningless shit about the deftones,almost like a chat. it has now become a dumpster where all the new shitty dumb threads are moved to. so, not so much "deftones bullshit thread" more like "sharinglungs worst".  well needed though

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Dec 13, 2011, 05:33 PM
it has now become a dumpster where all the new shitty dumb threads are moved to.

Well, dumping bullshit into a bullshit thread sounds appropriate to me.

from_musings

yes but what i mean is that people don't come here to talk shit, it's just a place where stupid threads are dumped and then they die. it's like a graveyeard, not an active bullshit thread

Vesanic

That gives rotten shit. That's metal. \m/

pinkmaggit

I'm going to post a question Northcal had and which Vesanic suggested he move to the bullshit thread.
Northcal was asking ''what if Deftones and Chevelle toured together? for e.g. who would headline?''

This interests me because a friend of mine is a huge Chevelle fan.
He actually introduced me to Chevelle and I introduced him to Deftones.
His favourite band is Chevelle and his second favourite is now Deftones.
My favourite is Deftones and for a while Chevelle was my second favourite.

We were talking one day about how much we'd like to see our respective favourite bands in concert and how they'd probably never tour South Africa (Chevelle did have a concert booked here but pulled out at the last minute  :'(
We decided that at some point we'd travel to the US together to go and see both bands.
Of course having them touring together would be brilliant.

I reckon Deftones is the more popular band with a slightly bigger fanbase.
Deftones sold 62 000 copies of Diamond Eyes in it's 1st week of release in 2010 (the album debuted at no.6 on Billaboard)  while Chevelle sold 46 000 copies of Sci-Fi Crimes in it's 1st week in 2009 although it also debuted at no.6.
That's a difference of 16 000 copies.
It's  unlikely Chevelle will sell more copies of 'Hats off to the Bull' in 2011 especially considering the decline in CD sales.
Deftones have sold more albums in total too - they have 3 platinum albums and 1 gold compared to Chevelle's 1 platinum and 1 gold.
I think it's safe to say Deftones is the bigger band and should headline.

Deftones live shows also have a better reputation than Chevelle's who some say can be boring at times.
Deftones is definitely the more entertaining of the 2 live.
It would be great to go to a Deftones concert with Chevelle as the support act.

As for their music as much as I love Chevelle I think Deftones songs/albums have much more variety and range than Chevelle's.
I think that Deftones are better musicians too and Chino has a better voice with more range and emotion than Pete Loeffler's.
I'm not knocking Chevelle, as I say I love their music and they are one of my favourites, although a bit further down now than 2nd - I find their music doesn't last or age as well as Deftones - however Deftones are far superior in my view

snw9

So, I wonder..
Deftones must have copies of their old pre-linus shows before they became famous right?
I mean they had the 1992 San Jose audio.
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Quote from: juvenile on Dec 14, 2011, 03:21 AM
So, I wonder..
Deftones must have copies of their old pre-linus shows before they became famous right?
I mean they had the 1992 San Jose audio.

I'm pretty sure they have the soundboard audios of lots of their shows, all eras mixed.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Dec 13, 2011, 11:24 PM
I'm going to post a question Northcal had and which Vesanic suggested he move to the bullshit thread.
Northcal was asking ''what if Deftones and Chevelle toured together? for e.g. who would headline?''

This interests me because a friend of mine is a huge Chevelle fan.
He actually introduced me to Chevelle and I introduced him to Deftones.
His favourite band is Chevelle and his second favourite is now Deftones.
My favourite is Deftones and for a while Chevelle was my second favourite.

We were talking one day about how much we'd like to see our respective favourite bands in concert and how they'd probably never tour South Africa (Chevelle did have a concert booked here but pulled out at the last minute  :'(
We decided that at some point we'd travel to the US together to go and see both bands.
Of course having them touring together would be brilliant.

I reckon Deftones is the more popular band with a slightly bigger fanbase.
Deftones sold 62 000 copies of Diamond Eyes in it's 1st week of release in 2010 (the album debuted at no.6 on Billaboard)  while Chevelle sold 46 000 copies of Sci-Fi Crimes in it's 1st week in 2009 although it also debuted at no.6.
That's a difference of 16 000 copies.
It's  unlikely Chevelle will sell more copies of 'Hats off to the Bull' in 2011 especially considering the decline in CD sales.
Deftones have sold more albums in total too - they have 3 platinum albums and 1 gold compared to Chevelle's 1 platinum and 1 gold.
I think it's safe to say Deftones is the bigger band and should headline.

Deftones live shows also have a better reputation than Chevelle's who some say can be boring at times.
Deftones is definitely the more entertaining of the 2 live.
It would be great to go to a Deftones concert with Chevelle as the support act.

As for their music as much as I love Chevelle I think Deftones songs/albums have much more variety and range than Chevelle's.
I think that Deftones are better musicians too and Chino has a better voice with more range and emotion than Pete Loeffler's.
I'm not knocking Chevelle, as I say I love their music and they are one of my favourites, although a bit further down now than 2nd - I find their music doesn't last or age as well as Deftones - however Deftones are far superior in my view

I most definitely agree that Deftones is the better band.. and SHOULD headline.  But at the same time, regardless of fanbase or album sales... what is heard most on the radio?  Around here in DC/Baltimore area you're LUCKY to hear Deftones EVER.  Occassionally BQAD or MOS on the 90s at noon, but none of their really good shit.  On the other hand, you can't turn on the radio for 24 hours and not hear Well Enough Alone or Send the Pain Below (although they're really mediocre songs, considering how amazing Chevelle's discography is).  Just sayin...

Also regarding their newest albums.. I don't think I ever heard anything from Diamond Eyes on the radio once.  Again, this may just be a regional thing, but I heard Jars and Letter From a Thief (the two worst songs on Sci-Fi Crimes in my opinion) at least 2 or 3 times a day on the radio.  I think Deftones has a more dedicated fanbase, but Chevelle appeals to the mass majority a bit more.  They're slightly more "vanilla," if you understand what I'm saying.  They're more likely to get people who aren't hardcore fans to come see them live, whereas Deftones pretty much relies on their hardcore fanbase.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

wheresmysnare

deftones have done good business supporting lesser and more commercial bands over the years

pinkmaggit

No ways Deftones would support Chevelle, Deftones would headline, Chevelle would support.
A band whose last album debuted at no. 6 on Billboard is not going to support a band whose latest album debuted at 20.
That is a big difference in album sales and clearly makes Deftones the bigger band.
Who is better or who is played on the radio more doesn't factor.

dictatesofreason

Northcal

Quote from: from_musings on Dec 13, 2011, 06:53 PM
yes but what i mean is that people don't come here to talk shit, it's just a place where stupid threads are dumped and then they die. it's like a graveyeard, not an active bullshit thread
[/quote)  its a popularity contest here on forums. Alot of politics around here, sum treads are cool and get place here and sum others are far more stupied and still remain,we almost have to vote to see wat goes or stayes! Lol fucking haters