Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirographed

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Dec 23, 2011, 03:31 AM
No ways Deftones would support Chevelle, Deftones would headline, Chevelle would support.
A band whose last album debuted at no. 6 on Billboard is not going to support a band whose latest album debuted at 20.
That is a big difference in album sales and clearly makes Deftones the bigger band.
Who is better or who is played on the radio more doesn't factor.
I also agree w/ this. I've seen both bands live, and when I saw Chevelle, they were either co-headlining w/ or opening for Bush. You could tell that most people there were Bush fans, though. It was kind of a bizarre crowd tbh. Deftones have a bigger fanbase nowadays though, but I could see the two co-headlining with Chevelle being the opening act.
"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

Electron§

I actually noticed the Failure song "Dirty Blue Balloons" main riff actually kinda sounds like something Stef would write.....

Lurker.

DefGuy

http://youtu.be/S8ctcjsB3AI

Davis and Chino singing You Oughta Know over some other stuff...

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

wheresmysnare

snw9

Can anyone shed some light on the track stephen contributed to nail'd?Was it written during the Eros sessions?
Code: [Select]

Electron§

Electron§

Quote from: DefGuy on Jan 27, 2012, 06:10 AM

I never thought I'd see something like that in my life.... my god....

DefGuy

Quote from: Electron§ on Jan 30, 2012, 05:34 AM
Quote from: DefGuy on Jan 27, 2012, 06:10 AM

I never thought I'd see something like that in my life.... my god....
what's seen cannot be unseen

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Dec 23, 2011, 03:31 AM
No ways Deftones would support Chevelle, Deftones would headline, Chevelle would support.
A band whose last album debuted at no. 6 on Billboard is not going to support a band whose latest album debuted at 20.
That is a big difference in album sales and clearly makes Deftones the bigger band.
Who is better or who is played on the radio more doesn't factor.

While it is true that DE faired better than Hats Off, more important is to view overall career success. I've already said, and we all know, Deftones is better. However, radio play does make a difference. To disagree is to ignore factual evidence. There are more hardcore Deftones fans, but there are more people who would say.. Hey, I know that band Chevelle.. They did that one song they play on the radio EVERY DAY! I think I'll go. In the end, what wins is money. Money is people. People is more mainstream. More mainstream is Chevelle. That's how any venue would see it.

I understand your point, though. I simply do not agree is all.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Electron§

Okay so earlier I decided to search up Untitled #6 of the Bob Ezrin demos, and this is what popped up on google:

QuoteSearch Results

The Number Twelve Looks Like You - [Untitled]
    ► 4:24► 4:24

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNUVIF_baQNov 29, 2010 - 4 min - MrVesanique
    Album: Here at the End of All Things (2008)

And it has the Saturday Night Wrist cover as the picture, and when you click it, it plays the song, but just says what it normally does, Untitled #6, etc. etc.

What the hell does this mean

pony_01

Quote from: Electron§ on Jan 31, 2012, 05:30 AM
Okay so earlier I decided to search up Untitled #6 of the Bob Ezrin demos, and this is what popped up on google:

QuoteSearch Results

The Number Twelve Looks Like You - [Untitled]
    ► 4:24► 4:24

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNUVIF_baQNov 29, 2010 - 4 min - MrVesanique
    Album: Here at the End of All Things (2008)

And it has the Saturday Night Wrist cover as the picture, and when you click it, it plays the song, but just says what it normally does, Untitled #6, etc. etc.

What the hell does this mean

nvm

shine down unshy

I made myself laugh at work today.

I was thinking, what if they hired Chino to do the "Statefarm Insurance" jingle?  I imagined Chino singing "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there..." in his soft, Chino-y voice.  Fucking lol'd and some people looked at me.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: shine down unshy on Feb 01, 2012, 07:28 AM
I made myself laugh at work today.

I was thinking, what if they hired Chino to do the "Statefarm Insurance" jingle?  I imagined Chino singing "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there..." in his soft, Chino-y voice.  Fucking lol'd and some people looked at me.

Or if he screamed the There! :P
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Oldnewtype

"Like a good neighbor, state farm is there... with a fat guy eating seeds."

from_musings

he would definitely do it if they asked him, as long as someone pays him - he sings. it wouldn't be as poppy as crosses though

Electron§

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Feb 02, 2012, 08:36 PM
"Like a good neighbor, state farm is there... with a fat guy eating seeds."

lol i imagined him singing that

snw9

Sweetest Perfection (Depeche Mode cover)

what year was this cover recorded?
Code: [Select]

mothraw

is there a gear thread on here?could not find one