Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

could never find a decent deftones google chrome theme... so i made one.

snw9

deftones - gift (version 2)

deftones - gift (version 2)

This is one of my favorite songs and I found this on youtube. The vocals and drums sounds different but the quality of the track isn't that great.
Or is this a compressed version of the original song?
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

It's on YouTube, it HAS to be compressed.

iceache

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
It's on YouTube, it HAS to be compressed.

You know what he meant. It's bad quality just like Nightboat was before they released it on Bsides.

nineteen

Great song, especially the chorus, but I have always hated the twoodly twooo lead part at the start.

nineteen

Just sounds like it has been captured from tape

snw9

Thanks for the input everyone.

from_musings

in the metal evolution tv-series, when chino is interviewd about nu metal, he says deftones bringed in stuff from
disco. what's he talking about? in what deftones songs can you hear a disco vibe? listening to adrenaline right now and i can't hear any village people or abba vibes in it

from_musings

anouther thing that makes me confused is that every now and then i see people who have snw as their favorite album, but when a topic is "favorite producer on a deftones album"  or who you want to see producing a def record again , i never see bob ezrin or slopez names... mostly terry and sometimes nick. why is that? if everything is so perfect with the album, those people would want bob and slopez again? or one of them? or do those snw fanatics think there are things in the snw production that's crap but just chose to not mention it

snw9

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 12:12 PM
anouther thing that makes me confused is that every now and then i see people who have snw as their favorite album, but when a topic is "favorite producer on a deftones album"  or who you want to see producing a def record again , i never see bob ezrin or slopez names... mostly terry and sometimes nick. why is that? if everything is so perfect with the album, those people would want bob and slopez again? or one of them? or do those snw fanatics think there are things in the snw production that's crap but just chose to not mention it

Ezrin didn't really produce much since most of the songs of what was suppose to have been SNW were recorded (demos) with him. He just arranged some of the songs here and there. Yet he did pick the right songs though. Lopez got the best out of Chino vocally but due to deadlines in releasing the album, since they were late and because of the songs being over 5-6 minutes long, he started chopping them hence, the butcher lol.

I would like to see them work with Shaun Lopez again. Nonetheless, I have come to accept that this board doesn't treat Terry as a producer but rather, as a 6th member.
Terry also gets the best out of the band, let's them write, record the way they want. He gets the natural talent out of them I guess.

Vesanic

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Lopez got the best out of Chino vocally

You mean he added tons of effects, yeah.

Does anyone remember that one time when he tweeted something like " Fuck you, people @ sharinglungs " ?  ;D

hole-in-the-earth

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 02, 2012, 03:18 PM
Does anyone remember that one time when he tweeted something like " Fuck you, people @ sharinglungs " ?  ;D

What happened? hahaha

snw9

Lopez got the best out of Chino vocally

You mean he added tons of effects, yeah.

Yeah I agree there were effects  but Chino really made a mark on this record. Not to mention Kimdracula, Rivierie, Combat, Cherry waves, Rapture and the rest

I think Shaun got tired of you people bashing him all the time hahah :D surprisingly no one has critisized him about Crosses yet.

shoop

I personally love the vocal work on SNW.. I still get a real good vibe from the album as a whole, it takes me right back to 06' which I guess looking back, was a decent year for me.

from_musings

it's not only slopez fault.chino has never sounded so bad on an album, you hear that he must struggle to hit notes. sounds very strained,forced and unnatural. no effects in the world can hide that shit.doesn't sound like feelings from the heart, only a man trying to do his job in a studio under bad circumstances and fails hard.i almost wish annie hardy would've sung on all those songs. chino's voice is just one of many problems on that record

shoop

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 10:33 PM
it's not only slopez fault.chino has never sounded so bad on an album, you hear that he must struggle to hit notes. sounds very strained,forced and unnatural. no effects in the world can hide that shit.doesn't sound like feelings from the heart, only a man trying to do his job in a studio under bad circumstances and fails hard.i almost wish annie hardy would've sung on all those songs. chino's voice is just one of many problems on that record
strictly your opinion lol. sounds quite heartfelt to me..... I feel the desperation..to each their own. I still listen to SNW a ton. I think you're just being an elitist, but that's just my opinion. No wonder Chino/Shaun/whoever hates forums. No matter how good of a job they do, they can't escape negativity. That would suck

Urantia23

https://twitter.com/#!/shaunlopez/status/11742008659     ::)

TheShade1989

I love SNW. At first I only liked two songs frm it, Beware and Rivere, but then the rest grew on me. I kinda see what ppl are saying about him struggling vocally though. On the more heavy and aggressive sounding songs, his screaming on it sounds...different. I dont know, the only word I can think of to describe it is "dry". And the singing on those songs sounds strained too, but at the same time, I still like it, in its own way. Beware and Rivere though, those songs (to me) dont sound at all like someone just doing his job without the drive behind it.

But, you cant blame fans for having an opinion. The band itself was strained at that time, so I'm not surprised the music they made during that time is received negatively.

Electron§

Couldn't agree more.

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 02, 2012, 05:47 PM
surprisingly no one has critisized him about Crosses yet.

Crosses sucks major ass.... just putting that out there....

Quote from: shoop on Mar 02, 2012, 11:06 PM
strictly your opinion lol. sounds quite heartfelt to me..... I feel the desperation..to each their own. I still listen to SNW a ton. I think you're just being an elitist, but that's just my opinion. No wonder Chino/Shaun/whoever hates forums. No matter how good of a job they do, they can't escape negativity. That would suck

The aftermath of an album worth of screaming, and a once paralyzed vocal cord is what heartfelt desperation sounds like??

wheresmysnare

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 11:54 AM
in the metal evolution tv-series, when chino is interviewd about nu metal, he says deftones bringed in stuff from
disco. what's he talking about? in what deftones songs can you hear a disco vibe? listening to adrenaline right now and i can't hear any village people or abba vibes in it

Some of the early performances of adrenaline featured the band in hipster flares, frilly tuxedo shirt, tank top and platform shoes. I used to have a video of a performance of lifter where chino went properly james brown doing the truffle shuffle the whole way a long the stage, i'll have a look through my old HD's next time im home and try and dig it out.