Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Electron§ you think Crosses sucks? We're a whole world apart lol.. no point in even continuing talking about things. Agree to disagree ahhh.

from_musings

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Mar 03, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 01:54 PM
in the metal evolution tv-series, when chino is interviewd about nu metal, he says deftones bringed in stuff from
disco. what's he talking about? in what deftones songs can you hear a disco vibe? listening to adrenaline right now and i can't hear any village people or abba vibes in it

Some of the early performances of adrenaline featured the band in hipster flares, frilly tuxedo shirt, tank top and platform shoes. I used to have a video of a performance of lifter where chino went properly james brown doing the truffle shuffle the whole way a long the stage, i'll have a look through my old HD's next time im home and try and dig it out.

sounds great, maybe upload it if you find it? just found this -  old pic from back in the day,deftones just starting out

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I don't give a shit whoo doesn't or does like SNW. Like anyone cares that I love it. It is it's own record with it's own time capsule attached. To call it awful makes me want to hear. Your music. U don't like? Cool. U think it's awful? I don't think u really do. It wasn;t their best, but not awful, geez ???
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

luisch

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 04, 2012, 12:39 AM
It is it's own record with it's own time capsule attached.

This.

I really enjoy this album, good vibe, so much hate and shakky sound but anyway is one of my favorite records ever.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

snw9

Quote from: luisch on Mar 04, 2012, 01:48 AM

This.

I really enjoy this album, good vibe, so much hate and shakky sound but anyway is one of my favorite records ever.

Same here, its on my top list
Code: [Select]

Electron§

Quote from: shoop on Mar 03, 2012, 08:05 PM
Electron§ you think Crosses sucks? We're a whole world apart lol.. no point in even continuing talking about things. Agree to disagree ahhh.

Yes they suck. Stupid name, stupid song titles, stupid music.

Quote from: luisch on Mar 04, 2012, 01:48 AM

This.

At one point I could almost say it was on par with S/T, but I don't know right now. For me personally, the best Deftones records were all of them from Around the Fur to Saturday Night Wrist, Adrenaline and Diamond Eyes being the only two I dont totally love. (Especially Diamond Eyes, I cringe sometimes listening to that album)

shoop

Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 04, 2012, 09:47 AM
Quote from: shoop on Mar 03, 2012, 08:05 PM

Yes they suck. Stupid name, stupid song titles, stupid music.
Pure ignorance. Pretty damn vague too

pony_01

my opinion about snw:
1. production suck (mixed and mastered well, just dont fit the deftones soundscape)
2. chino's high notes suck
3. this album almost made the band break up
4. hole in the earth music video as the first single is completely suck, really not supporting the sales
5. some demo songs are better than some song in the album
6. no terry date
7. "i hate all my friends" is the stupidest lyrics i ever heard from Chino.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 03, 2012, 09:09 PM
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Mar 03, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 01:54 PM
in the metal evolution tv-series, when chino is interviewd about nu metal, he says deftones bringed in stuff from
disco. what's he talking about? in what deftones songs can you hear a disco vibe? listening to adrenaline right now and i can't hear any village people or abba vibes in it

Some of the early performances of adrenaline featured the band in hipster flares, frilly tuxedo shirt, tank top and platform shoes. I used to have a video of a performance of lifter where chino went properly james brown doing the truffle shuffle the whole way a long the stage, i'll have a look through my old HD's next time im home and try and dig it out.

sounds great, maybe upload it if you find it? just found this -  old pic from back in the day,deftones just starting out

LOL! chino really dressed like a cat back then, i miss those days

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Like I was saying Pony, not everyone likes it. It's all good. But complete trash to call it would be complete ignorance and that's NOT an opinion ;) . They haven't made trash until they wrote DE. And that's only a few parts from a couple tracks. I think getting SNW as fans AT ALL around that time gave us something to be thankful for at all. We could have gotten nothing. Just a small announcement, probably very obscure too that "were breaking up". That's how I looked at it at first listen when it dropped when I myself didn't like it. To say it's garbage though, is like saying MJ couldn't play basketball at all and shouldn't have been drafted. Not saying SNW is the MJ of Deftone's catalogue, saying it's good music that isn't a waste and does have a lot of fans compared to when it came out str8 up loving it. I think it's a masterpiece and for the record I'm not a noob when it comes to being a fan. Just here on SL where opinions seem to b respected and mocked a little more when you've made a lot of posts, lol. I totally agree some don't like it.... I can't accept that it's garbage though and I think it's not a genuine feeling by any lifelong fan of this band. That record kicks ass man. One more thing, it's their most unique from the others IMO and that's what I love the most. That and we could have gotten nothing at all. cheeeers :D

shoop

amen ^ i'll never stop listening to it.

from_musings

I don't give a shit whoo doesn't or does like SNW. Like anyone cares that I love it.

fine (although you seem a little pissed). just don't be too surprised when people at a deftones board have opinions about deftones. this is also the bullshit thread. i always get amazed when people go "wtf? so much bullshit in the bullshit thread??".
Debate and defend and use arguments but this "i don't care about opinions" when basically this whole place is buillt on opinions is a little weird to me.

To call it awful makes me want to hear. Your music.

wow.. so haven't ever said a movie you just watched sucked? you don't ever say that because you can't film and direct a better one yourself? plz.
what about music critics who work at a magazine, they can't give a record a bad review because they can't write a better record themselves?i find it hard to believe that you haven't ever said a song,album,artist,movie sucked just because you don't write better shit yourself.what about you dissing d.e`?`it seems it's ok for you if someone disses records just as long as it's not a record you like.

U think it's awful? I don't think u really do.

it's certainly awful by their standards.but yeah, i rather listen to snw than korn's latest albums they put out for the past 12 years for example. but when i know how amazing deftones can be, compared to their other stuff, snw do suck (to me) i honestly, straight from my heart, wish that record wasn't ever made.

shoop

SNW gets me high. As does any other deftones album really.. but i'm just sayin. I'm truly glad they made it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 07, 2012, 12:16 AM
I don't give a shit whoo doesn't or does like SNW. Like anyone cares that I love it.

fine (although you seem a little pissed). just don't be too surprised when people at a deftones board have opinions about deftones. this is also the bullshit thread. i always get amazed when people go "wtf? so much bullshit in the bullshit thread??".
Debate and defend and use arguments but this "i don't care about opinions" when basically this whole place is buillt on opinions is a little weird to me.

To call it awful makes me want to hear. Your music.

wow.. so haven't ever said a movie you just watched sucked? you don't ever say that because you can't film and direct a better one yourself? plz.
what about music critics who work at a magazine, they can't give a record a bad review because they can't write a better record themselves?i find it hard to believe that you haven't ever said a song,album,artist,movie sucked just because you don't write better shit yourself.what about you dissing d.e`?`it seems it's ok for you if someone disses records just as long as it's not a record you like.

U think it's awful? I don't think u really do.

it's certainly awful by their standards.but yeah, i rather listen to snw than korn's latest albums they put out for the past 12 years for example. but when i know how amazing deftones can be, compared to their other stuff, snw do suck (to me) i honestly, straight from my heart, wish that record wasn't ever made.

No No, I'm not pissed-sorry. I just find it impossible to find it a pile of shit that's all. I'm debating and bullshitting. You do it too just as aggressively. I used a poor choice of words to get my feeling across I guess. I don't have a problem with anyone man, I just wanted to say (again) there's no way it's 100% garbage. Some very good qualities to that record, especially after all the time it's been. Yes,  that is definetely what I meant by it too (what u said) that it is gold compared to Korn's shit but I do like it for Deftones standards as well. All good, cheers! :) I rant too

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 07, 2012, 04:48 AM
I'm debating and bullshitting. You do it too just as aggressively.

yes i do, but the difference is i don't act aggressive and then moments after say "i don't care" ;)  but it's great that you like it, it would've been horrible if deftones spent all those years making it with all those fights,money,time,blood sweat and tears and then everyone thought it sucked as much as me

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I just said I didn't care if someone else didn't like it, but I don't believe someone could totally hate it. Forget it, on to the next bullshit my man. :-[

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 08, 2012, 08:57 AM
Forget it, on to the next bullshit my man. :-[

the next bullshit step is already in the works - another bullshit thread is already starting "the cherry waves appreciation thread". now that's some real bullshit. worst deftones song ever made

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 08, 2012, 11:51 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 08, 2012, 08:57 AM
Forget it, on to the next bullshit my man. :-[

the next bullshit step is already in the works - another bullshit thread is already starting "the cherry waves appreciation thread". now that's some real bullshit. worst deftones song ever made
hahahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it take's the cake fsho for a thread!

Electron§

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 08, 2012, 11:51 AM
worst deftones song ever made

Seriously? Sure, the demo version was better than the finished one, but either way, its a pretty unique sounding Deftones song. I could understand if you said "Some People" or "Dai The Flu" or all of Diamond Eyes was the worst songs deftones ever made, but this one?

Corleone

I only have the first crosses release, how many are there now?