Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hole-in-the-earth

Quote from: Corleone on Mar 08, 2012, 09:42 PM
I only have the first crosses release, how many are there now?

Just 2, the one you have, and another one that came out on the 24th of January.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Corleone on Mar 08, 2012, 09:42 PM
I only have the first crosses release, how many are there now?
Yep, 2. Sounds like we may get 2 more, as Chino said 20 or so songs that is if they release them all. Probably will too. If u notice, they pre plan on 13 or so Deftones tracks and thats about what we get minus 1 or 2..... Also, the 2nd installation isn't as good as the first but ok IMO. See for yourself though, some love it all. We're all different which is good for the band I guess. And do it right man and pay for it so these guys can keep financing shgit for us to have! For real!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Hey fellow SL members,  I mentioned before that I have a good friend in sunny Florida who makes handmade, coldpressed (very strong) skateboard decks which are both great for use and show who made me a couple with album cover's pictures for my basement wall. I haven't posted them yet and will eventually get to it but I'm in between moving (building a house, took longer than expected) and don't have my scanner, printer set up bc I cant find my power chords nor a disc to marry to my computer. But... point is and I'm sure u want to see them first, I want to help him sell more (which u all will love when u see them especially if u plan on using them) and giving u a heads up again, I plan on posting and taking orders. Off the bat, anyone interested in the idea at all before I get ahead in this for no reason? U could have anything made, not just Deftones art but U will love some of the Deftones shit I had made and we've came up with. I'll post them hanging up above my pool table or something by uploading soon with my wife's camera. ( ;D ::) She just read this while typing and said "y don't u upload them straight through the camera u idiot?) hahaha, so I need to figure out how to do this the best way for everyone in and out of the usa where I'm at and any ideas how to go about this and any inquiries too would b much appreciated. I want to say I get them for around $45-$50 (custom size, shape, and detailing) myself and I'm sure not much more than that for u all. It's the shipping charges I guess I'm asking about...... Thanks yall in advance, just trying to share a great thing with u all.

from_musings

Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 08, 2012, 09:14 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Mar 08, 2012, 09:51 AM
worst deftones song ever made

Seriously? Sure, the demo version was better than the finished one, but either way, its a pretty unique sounding Deftones song. I could understand if you said "Some People" or "Dai The Flu" or all of Diamond Eyes was the worst songs deftones ever made, but this one?

yes cherry waves starts off ok, but that chorus.. it always makes me cringe. it's really ridiculous and embarrasing.not only is that stupid little gay melody in the chorus chino sings annoying as fuck- the pick of chords to it sound unmusical to me too, like the authors of the song had that "i have no idea what i'm doing face" when they wrote it.
a bunch of people give the song diamond eyes shit for being too poppy, and maybe rightously so, but still - the melody fits, it sounds ok and like it belong there.it doesn't sound "wrong".
in cherry waves - it does sound wrong  - and on top of that - also gay. which makes it the worst deftones song for me.
i like some people though, especially the breakdown with the build up ater , it's beautiful. dai is top 5 on atf for me. and to even imply that cherry waves would be better than royal or prince is laughable :P

sing blue silver

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 09, 2012, 12:45 PM

Seriously? Sure, the demo version was better than the finished one, but either way, its a pretty unique sounding Deftones song. I could understand if you said "Some People" or "Dai The Flu" or all of Diamond Eyes was the worst songs deftones ever made, but this one?

yes cherry waves starts off ok, but that chorus.. it always makes me cringe. it's really ridiculous and embarrasing.not only is that stupid little gay melody in the chorus chino sings annoying as fuck- the pick of chords to it sound unmusical to me too, like the authors of the song had that "i have no idea what i'm doing face" when they wrote it.
a bunch of people give the song diamond eyes shit for being too poppy, and maybe rightously so, but still - the melody fits, it sounds ok and like it belong there.it doesn't sound "wrong".
in cherry waves - it does sound wrong  - and on top of that - also gay. which makes it the worst deftones song for me.
i like some people though, especially the breakdown with the build up ater , it's beautiful. dai is top 5 on atf for me. and to even imply that cherry waves would be better than royal or prince is laughable :P

i love cherry waves. one of my top songs from one of my top deftones albums.

Vesanic

I really don't like Milk, that Stormtroopers of Death song cover, nor do I like the original, but I really, really love the intro, it's just so badass. It would totally work on some video montage or in a movie.

Electron§

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 09, 2012, 12:45 PM

Well, I do actually see your point that the way its written is a tad bit clumsy, and the chorus can sound a bit pretentious at times.....

I actually don't think "Diamond Eyes" is as bad as some of the other songs off that record, in fact, that ending riff is pretty raw and epic which makes me kind of like the song.

The reggae style singing in "Some People" is what throws me off myself. Not necessarily the music, and "Dai The Flu" i dont know, just cant get into it. Nothing intrinsically wrong with the song, it just sounds kind of lazy to me, the riff doesn't seem like it would meet Stephens usual standards.

"Royal" is actually instrumentally a pretty good song, what ruins it is Chino's vocals and that one part before the end where the guitar goes up and down, I dont even know how to explain that part, I just dont like it at all, and the bassline in "Prince" is absolutely deserving of some positive mention I would agree.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Heres some BULLSHIT.... which rapper is wearing Levis n skate shoes? Black people are really chapping my ass picking thru all the Levis and shoes i myself have always loved and half the white population. Went today to get jeans and couldn't find my size or style and the retail manager lady told me the black community are really buying them up. What is this phenomina and is it happening everywhere? Levis: for us, by us  ;D My wife said they are all wearing "Northface" too, but that's fine bc it's pretty gay anyways. Didn't know black people liked ski apparel till now ;) And don't get me started on the "snapback hat" trend. Those went up a lot in price. I couldn't give any of mine away last year. Just some more bullshit.

pony_01

mothraw

i like cherry waves!i love snw!i even like the sod cover and i wear a northface dickholder!and
i give a shit about your racistgayproblem!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: pony_01 on Mar 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
Black people are really chapping my ass

what a racist
hahaha, not really....was joking around get some thicker skin in this world.  we all go back and forth, my friend is staying with us right now for a few mos before he moves back to Texas and he's black. He knows me so he thinks the shit is funny. Sorry u think i'm a racist,  that's a pretty blunt accusation. Who cares. People chap my ass, there u go. I wouldn't exist here in Detroit if I were racist so let it go son. I love dogs. ps, i've seen worse here and didn't bother me.  say what u want< i was ranting (drunk a little) but I am not racist. I hate everyone!!  ;)

TheShade1989

"I'm not a racist, I have black friends". Never gets old lol.

I like Cherry Waves, but I dont get the hate about Diamond Eyes to be honest. People are saying it sounds too poppy, but how so? Because it's not as raw-sounding as ATF or dark as ST? If that's the case, then why is White Pony often ppl's favorite? That was the album that kinda broke away frm their usual sound on their previous albums. Eh...ah well, least I like most of their songs, gives me more to listen to :D

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

What get's old is "what a racist" or "youre a racist", lol. I'm a mutt, can't be racist. But I live in America where shit flies and like I said...leave it at that. Get on with your every day Deftones posts and don't ponder on me being a racist so much.... I know it's an easy way to take cheaper shots and get kudos from fellow racism cops but i don't care what u think about it. Finally, it wasn't meant to be racist. Racism is far worse than what i said jokingly......I see pics of starving black kids from 3rd world countries posted all the time as jokes and pics of retarded people but without words from the user, those aren't racist or politically wrong? Get over it. I am now. Because seriously, am I worried about someone jumping outta the moniter and choking me out? Is that why I said that and I am now telling you it wasn't meant that way? Nah, it was meant as when did black people start dressing like skaters or rockers or white people in general? It's ok, I didn't say the bad word, I never do and I just find it crazy how trends are and how u wouldn't catch a rapper dead in a pair of 501's or a non- fitted cap a year ago around here. Guess I been around the block a little more than some when it comes to worldly ways and u need to quit being so freakin sensitive!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X And u prob don't find DE poppy at all because at your age, that's what you've grown up with. If you were listening through the whole career of this band, the newer, ladder stuff catches u off guard like that. It's definetly y  more "poppier" than the first 4 records.

TheShade1989

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Mar 11, 2012, 01:38 AM
What get's old is "what a racist" or "youre a racist", lol. I'm a mutt, can't be racist. But I live in America where shit flies and like I said...leave it at that. Get on with your every day Deftones posts and don't ponder on me being a racist so much.... I know it's an easy way to take cheaper shots and get kudos from fellow racism cops but i don't care what u think about it. Finally, it wasn't meant to be racist. Racism is far worse than what i said jokingly......I see pics of starving black kids from 3rd world countries posted all the time as jokes and pics of retarded people but without words from the user, those aren't racist or politically wrong? Get over it. I am now.

Relax lol I never said I saw it as racist or whatever, I was tlking about the actual "I cant be racist, I have black friends" statement ppl make, where they can say anything offensive as long as they clarify they have black friends. Like the "no homo" thing ppl say. So my bad if it sounded like I was attacking you or whatever, but nah, it takes a hell of a lot more than that for me to consider someone a racist.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Well thank you.  I didn't intend for it to be offensive, I apologize and I hope that's it. It was supposed to be funny so I won't quit my day job any time soon, lol I think I overestimated the callus here and shot too high without thinking about the softer feelings of others. That's funny I said that about my black friend I realize too, but he read this shit after work and that's the truth. Very funny, I don't give a fuck! :P

itsstrangehowitworks

shut up

Crosses - Trophys (cover)

Trophys - Crosses (cover)
crosses haters, would you listen to this or the real thing?

hole-in-the-earth

iceache

Quote from: itsstrangehowitworks on Mar 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
shut up

Crosses - Trophys (cover)

Trophys - Crosses (cover)
crosses haters, would you listen to this or the real thing?

If the vocals werent so shitty and unlistenable. Maybe.

Electron§

Quote from: shoop on Mar 04, 2012, 08:06 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 04, 2012, 07:47 AM
Quote from: shoop on Mar 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
Electron§ you think Crosses sucks? We're a whole world apart lol.. no point in even continuing talking about things. Agree to disagree ahhh.

Yes they suck. Stupid name, stupid song titles, stupid music.
Pure ignorance. Pretty damn vague too

Anything which anyone else disagrees with, will always be "pure ignorance" to the other person.

But yeah, the only thing I can really say is I just dont favor their music. It sounds like some shitty Coldplay. Too poppy for me, not dark enough.