Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawg

there's a suicide girl called steftones...

...and she has a tattoo on her butt!  :o

:) :) :)

deftjess

Quote from: dawg on Mar 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
there's a suicide girl called steftones...

...and she has a tattoo on her butt!  :o

:) :) :)

Alot of Suicide girls love deftones

mrpelon94

i just gotta say every time i hear Royal.. chino Killed it! its a rap crown the king.......fawk.... :D

Electron§

I would kill a bitch to hear S/T's demos....

from_musings

finger of death is easily one of deftones best songs, on this most of us all can agree on. but.. i'm beginning to think that maybe, maybe it should end in 03:15. anyone else? the beast of an intro is certainly cool and it fits and should be there,but a little "ugly" (in a good way).. without it in the end it leaves the listener in a more sad and confused state.  i don't know

Electron§

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
finger of death is easily one of deftones best songs, on this most of us all can agree on. but.. i'm beginning to think that maybe, maybe it should end in 03:15. anyone else? the beast of an intro is certainly cool and it fits and should be there,but a little "ugly" (in a good way).. without it in the end it leaves the listener in a more sad and confused state.  i don't know

Well maybe if it was a little shorter, Chino wouldn't have as much trouble putting vocals on it, who knows. But its not like he has to be singing the whole time, so that's no excuse.

On a different note, Its said that when S/T was made there was 14 songs that were finished, and I guess "Lovers" and "XO" are the 12th and 13th songs, but whats the last one then? My guess is maybe it was "Finger of Death", since that song sounds like it was produced by Terry, and could possibly have fit on S/T, as well as it having been written as early as 2004. That may also be the reason it was decided not to go on Saturday Night Wrist, maybe it was just an old news B-side to them in the end.......   

iceache

Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 18, 2012, 09:30 PM

Well maybe if it was a little shorter, Chino wouldn't have as much trouble putting vocals on it, who knows. But its not like he has to be singing the whole time, so that's no excuse.

On a different note, Its said that when S/T was made there was 14 songs that were finished, and I guess "Lovers" and "XO" are the 12th and 13th songs, but whats the last one then? My guess is maybe it was "Finger of Death", since that song sounds like it was produced by Terry, and could possibly have fit on S/T, as well as it having been written as early as 2004. That may also be the reason it was decided not to go on Saturday Night Wrist, maybe it was just an old news B-side to them in the end.......   

Finger of Death was never finished.

It was a Bob Ezrin produced demo. That is all.

from_musings

well maybe i should've written "buffalo/finger of death". i wasn't talking about the instrumental ezrin track, i meant the version of it with vocals that was finished enough to play live in 2004

iceache

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 18, 2012, 10:33 PM
well maybe i should've written "buffalo/finger of death". i wasn't talking about the instrumental ezrin track, i meant the version of it with vocals that was finished enough to play live in 2004

Doubt it exists.

snw9

Quote from: iceache on Mar 18, 2012, 11:46 PM

Doubt it exists.

There were no vocals according to Stephen. I believe this question was asked on the ultimate guitar interview but it could be another interview. I do remember reading that Stephen said Chino didn't finish the vocals. Plus, Chino is known for making up or writing incomplete lyrics of a few songs. The band started writing songs for SNW back in 2004 and they were on their way to Bob Erzin, who was in Connecticut. Buffalo/Finger of death was written when the band was in Malibu and decided to "road test" their new material live in the 2004 tour that ended in East coast. That was the only time Buffalo was played live or else, there is no existing version with vocals.
Code: [Select]

Electron§

Quote from: iceache on Mar 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 18, 2012, 09:30 PM

Finger of Death was never finished.

It was a Bob Ezrin produced demo. That is all.

I never meant to say anything about it being finished, but then again I did say 14 songs were *finished* so I may have implied that by accident...

Electron§

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 19, 2012, 12:01 AM
Quote from: iceache on Mar 18, 2012, 11:46 PM

Doubt it exists.

There were no vocals according to Stephen. I believe this question was asked on the ultimate guitar interview but it could be another interview. I do remember reading that Stephen said Chino didn't finish the vocals. Plus, Chino is known for making up or writing incomplete lyrics of a few songs. The band started writing songs for SNW back in 2004 and they were on their way to Bob Erzin, who was in Connecticut. Buffalo/Finger of death was written when the band was in Malibu and decided to "road test" their new material live in the 2004 tour that ended in East coast. That was the only time Buffalo was played live or else, there is no existing version with vocals.

I want a link to this information, Ive heard multiple people talk about Stephen commenting on this matter, but Ive never seen or heard any definitive proof for myself.

wheresmysnare

'I never meant to say anything about it being finished, but then again I did say 14 songs were *finished* so I may have implied that by accident...'

..pure SL gold

mothraw

there sure is a live version with lyrics of finger of death!and i think it should end 3:14,5

from_musings

well that makes us two then. also - best song that doesn't exist i've ever heard

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

No shit, I've had it since it was recorded..... do u mean that the lyrics aren't lyrics or not complete? Because it exists, I just can't make them out well. Badass track. ???
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
well that makes us two then. also - best song that doesn't exist i've ever heard

lmaonade

Electron§

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Mar 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
'I never meant to say anything about it being finished, but then again I did say 14 songs were *finished* so I may have implied that by accident...'

..pure SL gold

lolselffail

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I apologize for giving in to some bullshit in other posts and filling up space with more bullshit but tried to get a couple things clear with someone in particular as of lately. This is an honest apology as I don't want to be the problem child around here, basically here for good news and conversation. This to me was the proper place for this at the time. Nuff said I hope, peace to all and thank you to everyone with an open ear and mind and those especially who contribute material and the like. Thanks :) And thanks for having me especially. If I'm too "into" the band, sorry again but not really ;D, I have high hopes for this group of musicians and don't have a lot of time or space in my life outside of work and family life to be passionate about much and this band fills a lot of that along with a couple other activities like ice hockey, fishing and beating off to song names and previous records, jk....... Back to normal here, haha
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!