Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

from_musings

Quote from: bebo on Jun 29, 2012, 07:08 PM
Whats with this anal distress on this board

i've had thoughts of this nature myself.and my guess is this: you only see this in the deftones threads, not in the general music/bullshit /chit chat thread.so my take on it - it's an age thing. ppl that are in the non deftones threads are older,their fanboy time is over, they're here mostly because of old habit and to talk shit with older fans. the ppl in the deftones threads are mostly young guys who jumped the d.e wagon. and those kids are still in school, and if someone expresses themself a little douchey here, that (to them) "douche" might remind them of the bully kid who picked on them that same day in school. and then they take out all that frustration on the person who expressed themselves douchey on the board.the "douche" is like a symbol for evil irl, and must be fought. but all it is just opinions and clownyness. they will see this sometime though.

Jerry_Curls

It's amazing how much pleasure/pain listening to White Pony can bring to me.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

from_musings

so the're a lot of "whoo!"'s in rock n roll... but since chino is such a big refused fan, i can't help but think this is where chino got the rocket skates "whoo!" idea from

if you'd like to compare:

deftones:  http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=woR6ohiFeYE&p=n#/65;71

refused:  http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=NkAe30aEG5c&p=n#/72;81

rock_n_frost

Its just a ''whoo'', no need to hear from someone else to be influeced.
The song is cool tho
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

it's not a typical thing chino would do though. both songs have a hard simple riff, a number of attacking screams in a row - followed by the unexpected happy "whoo!"which un-dramatize the whole mood...this while chino being a refused fan who's known for bringing in a lot of outside influence in terms of other artists...i don't know. i could be wrong though. definately a bullshit thread thing.
what abaout this,they're both wearing checkered shirts in the video.. clearly chino is influenced of dennis lyxen here? at least give me this one

rock_n_frost

downtownpony

I seriously doubt it. It's most likely an influence from Prince.

from_musings

prince you say.. i haven't heard that many prince songs.interesting though, will keep my ears open

sing blue silver

Deftones have all stated MANY times that they are huge prince fans. Seems likely.

from_musings

yeah I know, that's gotta be one of the artists they've mentioned most in interviews, never thought that they borrowed the whoo! from Prince that's all. if someone has prince clip with a similair whoo, please feel free to post

BillyNo.9

Wrong again musings. This is where it came from, obviously, you can tell by the depth and reverb and dynamic and all that other irrelevant shit.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=EGaBBX9hXMs&p=n#/0;8

from_musings

haha so far there are no right or wrongs since chino hasn't said where it came from (maybe interviewers think there are more interesting questions to ask,possible,but i think it's interesting) and if it's moby like you say, you're also saying downtownpony and silver are "wrong" ,just like to point that out. i think the positioning of the whoo in r.s has more in common with refused, with all the other things going on in those songs.however, the actual whoo in that moby song sounds very much like it, won't deny it  :)

BillyNo.9

from_musings

what do you mean?it's the bullshit thread bro. maybe you're not serious, but i'd like to think that chino took that way of expression from somewhere, and why not from an artist they say they love, they do it lots of times. this is the thread for it

Deftones-argentina

come on, it's quite evident that the whoooo is a little tribute from chino to New noise. I think I got it the first time I heard refused's track, and didn't even know about chino liking refused back at that time.

from_musings

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jul 14, 2012, 11:41 PM
come on, it's quite evident that the whoooo is a little tribute from chino to New noise. I think I got it the first time I heard refused's track, and didn't even know about chino liking refused back at that time.

cool  :)

downtownpony

I guess he paid tribute on hole in the earth as well. He must really like them.

Deftones-argentina

indeed. or like the idea of Who'ing, you know.

rock_n_frost

Thats why Chino hates us.