Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 05, 2012, 12:08 AM
Quick question...as I am trying to build my collection of Deftones stuff I was wondering about Diamond Eyes. I know there is a deluxe edition but was it released on CD, or no?

I think it was iTunes only, not really "deluxe" either, just three cover tracks.

Tempest2012

Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

kurtone

Thats the reissue of white pony with "back 2 school" on it, the original had the grey booklet with the white pony in the corner, and there was one with a red or black cover released in the UK that included "the boys republic"

Tempest2012

Quote from: kurtone on Oct 05, 2012, 01:54 AM
Thats the reissue of white pony with "back 2 school" on it, the original had the grey booklet with the white pony in the corner, and there was one with a red or black cover released in the UK that included "the boys republic"
Ah okay, I heard they have The Boys Republic as a free download on their site but I could not find it.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

from_musings

deftones about nick:
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=yQr7vu8mNlw#/338;382

how nick works in the studio
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=XmmzImQv_BA#/70;98

based on that little clip, nick does seem to push the singer to sing the way nick wants too.maybe chino get bossed around like that too.
makes me think of diamond eyes and leathers choruses, the new vibe of tempest etc. not your usual deftones stuff, maybe it's a lot of nicks touches and ideas we hear there. whereas the first 4 deftones records are pure deftones

xToxin

Nah. if there's one thing about Deftones it's that they hate being told what to sound like or how to sing. Especially Chino, that's why during the SNW era he left in the middle of recording. I see what you mean though, I just don't think it's true. I doubt they'd do anything they didn't want to.

from_musings

he was a rebel on drugs back then though. he's a sober 40 year old man now. maybe more mature and open to others opinions? but yeah i don't think he would settle for something he straight up hated

xToxin

???

Tempest2012

Quote from: shoop on Oct 06, 2012, 04:07 AM
lulz, which one of you is this:
Deftones - Change(In The House Of Flies) vocal cover.
Fuck. I was hoping no one would ever find this. *deletes video* :-[
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

buddyboy101

Quick question...as I am trying to build my collection of Deftones stuff I was wondering about Diamond Eyes. I know there is a deluxe edition but was it released on CD, or no?

nope, only itunes deluxe

Tempest2012

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Oct 06, 2012, 05:30 AM

nope, only itunes deluxe
Cheers thanks!

I received the S/T, SNW and WP today from UPS and I am in love with WP so far...
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

Playhouse

I think chino deleted his twitter.
Is it coming up for you guys?
https://twitter.com/chinowmoreno

dictatesofreason

shoop

shiiiit.. no more music suggestions from him

Raswid

M1GHTY M4VS

so he just changed by removing the w