Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicario

I've come the conclusion that there aren't too many things better in this world than walking around campus listening to the last minute and a half of Beware. Face smashing goodness.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Heisenberg on Oct 24, 2012, 08:17 PM
I've come the conclusion that there aren't too many things better in this world than walking around campus listening to the last minute and a half of Beware. Face smashing goodness.

One of my favorite Deftones moments. Especially live!

N0S3BLEED976

I've been listening to a lot of Be Quiet And Drive lately, although all the time I felt that it has worn off for me personally. But shit, I fell in love with that song all over again, just like I did when I first discovered them. Steph's guitar riff and Chino's singing are both absolutely beautiful. Best song on ATF together with Lotion and MX, hands down!

xToxin

Yeah Be quiet and drive is nice cause Chinos voice is especially like an instrument in that song

Electron§

I just remembered one time I saw footage of a show they played, and when Stephen was about to go into the outro/breakdown riff in "Korea", the part with the scratching from Frank, Chino said "This is where we all come from" or something to that effect and I thought it was cool that he said that at that part, he made it seem like that riff was some kind of primordial force of creation :D. I wonder if thats his favorite riff. :P

bewareofrats

I like how unique the guitar sounds in BQ and Chino sounds great in it.  MX is also great.  And Lotion.  And Mascara.  And Lhabia.  And Rickets.  I think I'm done now.

Oh, and Heisenberg, you couldn't be more right.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Electron§

Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 25, 2012, 01:32 PM
I like how unique the guitar sounds in BQ and Chino sounds great in it.  MX is also great.  And Lotion.  And Mascara.  And Lhabia.  And Rickets.  I think I'm done now.

Oh, and Heisenberg, you couldn't be more right.

Agreed. Since those are all my favorites from ATF

N0S3BLEED976

Everyone has his or her own legit opinion, but this guy is just downright stupid...

http://twitter.com/GiveUpGuitar

"I feel like if you farted in front of the Deftones, none of them would laugh. Especially the guy in the coma."

What the fuck?

NicholasHume

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
Everyone has his or her own legit opinion, but this guy is just downright stupid...

http://twitter.com/GiveUpGuitar

"I feel like if you farted in front of the Deftones, none of them would laugh. Especially the guy in the coma."

What the fuck?

Yeah, I saw his tweets & your response. It was a good idea not to provoke him. I just blocked him on Twitter

bewareofrats

There has been a slight update to the tracklist:

1. Botch Job
2. Egregious
3. Rally the Heroes
4. Fuddy Duddy
5. Charmaine
6. Heavy
7. Dynamic
8. Really Heavy
9. White Pony
10. Eros Knockoff
11. Happenstance
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Sicario

So I've been wondering. When did the Deftones "click" for you? I mean I listened to them passively for awhile. But I never really "got" them the way I do now. I think we all have that friend or two who we've tried to convert but they just don't get it. With ATF having BQAD, it made me realize that they can be as heavy as my tastes desire, and as melodic without sounding too much like pussies. I used to hate ATF believe it or not. It was just too raw and aggressive. But now I'm convinced that it is probably their best.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

xToxin

Quote from: Heisenberg on Oct 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
When did the Deftones "click" for you?

First time I heard Digital Bath, and before that I heard Change during winter walking around the city, it popped up on my mp3 player. It just took over my senses. But Digital Bath sold me. I was obsessed with that song for months. It's still my favorite.

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

deftoner664

Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you're at one of their concerts and tons of people just yell Chinos' name for like half the show.. ? That's worse than someone next to you singing all the songs out of key.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

shine down unshy

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 29, 2012, 04:54 AM
Does anyone else find it highly annoying when you're at one of their concerts and tons of people just yell Chinos' name for like half the show.. ? That's worse than someone next to you singing all the songs out of key.

This. 

I'm the guy screaming "DEFTOOOOOONES!!" or "WOOOOO!!!".  Yep.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 29, 2012, 04:54 AM
I've noticed that about the recordings of concerts in America seems everyone especially girls just shout out during the songs or they scream out the persons name or instead of singing they just shout obnoxiously loud and off key lol .In New Zealand we don't really shout during songs we wait till in between songs or for the encore and we sing loudly but it must be our accents or something but you don't hear one person whose way off key just yelling everyone's actually singing together its pretty cool feeling.

shine down unshy

You should watch the shows they do in Chile.  They all sing along and it's fucking beautiful.

ponyx

I yelled franks name one time and he smiled. Probably first time someone yells his name ha 8)

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: shine down unshy on Oct 29, 2012, 05:32 AM
You should watch the shows they do in Chile.  They all sing along and it's fucking beautiful.
Its like that in NZ you can see how much the singers love it they just get a huge smile because we know and sing all the words lol,Must be the American tone of voice but it just sounds like their shouting ,it especially pisses me off during slow songs Americans always feel the need to yell out "You fucking rock" and shit like that kills the experience