Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicario

Are Chino's screams something that can be doctored up in the studio? Or are they unaltered/minimally altered? His screams live aren't always stellar even though on newer albums like the scream in Royal and the one in Leathers sound pretty sick. I know he can't sound perfect live. Especially if he's screaming his head off every other night. But sometimes they are pretty bad.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

chuckles

Quote from: Jacob on Oct 21, 2012, 05:27 AM
Quote from: asshole on Oct 20, 2012, 11:29 PM
Quote from: geraavl08 on Oct 20, 2012, 01:57 AM
WHY!?!? Who's responsible for this mess!!
http://www.datpiff.com/Deftones-Greatest-Hits-chopped-Not-Slopped-By-Dj-Lil-Steve-mixtape.407878.html
hahahaha....i think my son could do a better job....

what the fucking shit is this fucking shit? does someone honestly think they did a good job by slowing down Deftones songs and playing with the volume button?

this is the biggest bullshit ever posted here! an insult~!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Heisenberg on Oct 29, 2012, 05:41 AM
Are Chino's screams something that can be doctored up in the studio? Or are they unaltered/minimally altered? His screams live aren't always stellar even though on newer albums like the scream in Royal and the one in Leathers sound pretty sick. I know he can't sound perfect live. Especially if he's screaming his head off every other night. But sometimes they are pretty bad.
They might be slightly altered but in the studio he can go all out because he could only have to sing one song that day when he's doing it live he has to hold back a bit to avoid blowing his voice out again plus a studio is a perfect acoustic environment i don't think they are changed that much i saw a video of him behind the scenes with Droid and he was doing full out screams and they sounded like his album screams

heres that video
Droid video Recording with Chino (Deftones) Part 5

bewareofrats

That's neat to see him do studio screaming.  Pretty nuts.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

pinkmaggit69

Congrats to the SF Giants!

Drinks won't stain this birth!

bewareofrats

Quote from: Heisenberg on Oct 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
So I've been wondering. When did the Deftones "click" for you? I mean I listened to them passively for awhile. But I never really "got" them the way I do now. I think we all have that friend or two who we've tried to convert but they just don't get it. With ATF having BQAD, it made me realize that they can be as heavy as my tastes desire, and as melodic without sounding too much like pussies. I used to hate ATF believe it or not. It was just too raw and aggressive. But now I'm convinced that it is probably their best.
They really clicked for me after 2 or so listens of Saturday Night Wrist.  My first listen of that album my thoughts on it were very mixed and I wasn't very impressed but over the course of 2 weeks or something like that random bits would enter my head and latch on so I gave it another listen and it suddenly clicked for me.  From that point I've become a pretty big fan.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

geraavl08

Quote from: ponyx on Oct 29, 2012, 05:34 AM
I yelled franks name one time and he smiled. Probably first time someone yells his name ha 8)

Who's frank!? Chino is the only member of the band ;)

Vesanic

Chino's screams have changed so many times over the years, it's pretty crazy.

pony_01

I think he's into inhale screams now.. his throat cant pull that old school scream anymore i guess.

xToxin

You gotta also keep in mind in the studio, he can do several takes and get the best one. Live you either have it or you don't, no second takes.

xToxin

Quote from: ponyx on Oct 29, 2012, 05:34 AM
I yelled franks name one time and he smiled. Probably first time someone yells his name ha 8)

Haha. I don't know why but i find that so fucking cute.

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
I think he's into inhale screams now.. his throat cant pull that old school scream anymore i guess.
I wonder if he sometimes chooses not to exhale scream, he does it sometimes but rarely.

Vesanic

And I hope we never do meet again.

deftoner664

I like this one day lock of the KNY Thread. Maybe it will condition all these people who spam the page with their yearning desire for the album, to post here in the bullshit thread, I hope we get back on topic after that.. Fuck downloading the leak. I can wait 12 days.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

m1nusblindfoLd

BallZDeeP

SquealLikeaPig

BallZDeeP

Sett

I certainly hope it doesn't leak. You mofos should learn a little discipline and patience. And to respect the band as well.

RollerDerby

Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 01, 2012, 10:10 PM
I like this one day lock of the KNY Thread. Maybe it will condition all these people who spam the page with their yearning desire for the album, to post here in the bullshit thread, I hope we get back on topic after that.. Fuck downloading the leak. I can wait 12 days.

I love you.

And Ves, STAY GOLDEN.
"Carve your niche."