Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquealLikeaPig

We're at 62 pages.  I predict we will be on page 85 by tomorrow.

Mustang

Got a confession: the only physical CD's I own are S/T and SNW. It's really tough to find their albums in my country.

RollerDerby

Quote from: Mustang on Nov 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Got a confession: the only physical CD's I own are S/T and SNW. It's really tough to find their albums in my country.

Buy them online.
"Carve your niche."

DJR

Do you not have like Amazon who can deliver?

Mustang

Quote from: RollerDerby on Nov 01, 2012, 11:26 PM

Buy them online.

I actually put out an order already for WP, but the shipping cost is a nightmare. However, my friend works at a CD store and says its pretty routine that they stock up older albums from a band that has a new release. I'm hoping they'd have the few I'm missing next week when KNY drops.

jefftones

yea Abe is the shit on the drums. they fit so perfectly, he sort of reminds me of the drummer from Led Zeppelin, Deftones never try to make complicated music. their music is so down to earth and easy to grasp and relate or identify with, thats why i love them so much, every album and im so grateful that they are still together, putting out another album in 12 days...much love and respect

jefftones

Leathers....awesome\ Tempest....awesome\Rosemary.....awesome. KNY is gonna be great

Mustang

Can't wait to hear Rosemary! I've managed to stay away from the cassette rip this far...

deftoner664

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, Abe is rad. He's such a good drummer man. He doesn't try to go all out and do a bunch of insane shit and show off . He plays what needs to be played, and he has his own style, adding accents, and fills where fills need to be. I LOVE the way his drums sound on their albums.. they always sound perfect. the tone of his snare and toms are sweet

Hell yeah... Honestly that is what I love most about Deftones, Abe's grooves, fills, and the tone of his drums....I think his snares sound perfect. I'm glad he doesn't use a double bass pedal.. It's just not his style.. Needles and Pins is pure bliss rhythmically, along with Digital Bath, RX Queen, BQAD,  his drum work on Rosemary is great.... What Steph, Chino, and Vega/Chi play IS really simple most of the time, but they click so well, and the heart of it all traces back to Abe for me..The whole band in general is just a  big influence for me as a musician, in their song structures, and sonically all together as far as tone and melody go.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

SquealLikeaPig

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 01, 2012, 11:19 PM
We're at 62 pages.  I predict we will be on page 85 by tomorrow.
BAHAHAHA you right!

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 12:21 AM
Another douchebag showing off the album...

http://instagram.com/p/RfVDx2t2YO/

yeah, someone posted that in the KNY thread earlier today.

freggin asshole (not u). there's a lot of comments begging the guy to leak it but we all know he won't just out of spite. haha

SquealLikeaPig

I would laugh if this album is already in stores while we are sitting around waiting for a leak.  That would be a nice prank by the band.

ominousnimbus

Scum of the earth, as far as I'm concerned. If you want to be all sanctimonious about leaks that's your prerogative, but STFU about having your dirty little hands on it early, then.

I mean, "leaking" what the physical product looks like goes against the wishes of the band to have their "art presented on their terms," does it not?  ::) Trying to have your cake and eat it too like this dude doesn't make you principled, it makes you an attention whore.

Also, just for the record: as one who's already pre-ordered, I'm:

1) Rooting for a leak as early as possible every minute of the day
2) Planning to download that shit faster than you can say "entitled Gen Y-er"
3) Hope it spreads as quickly as possible among every loyal fan here who will buy the record on or before release day
4) Fully in support of banning the next douchenozzle who uses the word "entitled" in any capacity related to KNY and leaks, because let's be honest: they're probably the spitting image of the guy who posted that nauseating Instagram

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 12:29 AM
I would laugh if this album is already in stores while we are sitting around waiting for a leak.  That would be a nice prank by the band.

That happened with Periphery's new album...not joking, the band themselves actually put up a stream of the album on YouTube.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

iceache

Quote from: ominousnimbus on Nov 02, 2012, 12:33 AM

Scum of the earth, as far as I'm concerned. If you want to be all sanctimonious about leaks that's your prerogative, but STFU about having your dirty little hands on it early, then.

I mean, "leaking" what the physical product looks like goes against the wishes of the band to have their "art presented on their terms," does it not?  ::) Trying to have your cake and eat it too like this dude doesn't make you principled, it makes you an attention whore.

3) Hope it spreads as quickly as possible among every loyal fan here who will buy the record on or before release day
4) Fully in support of banning the next douchenozzle who uses the word "entitled" in any capacity related to KNY and leaks, because let's be honest: they're probably the spitting image of the guy who posted that nauseating Instagram

Shut up you whiny little bitch.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: iceache on Nov 02, 2012, 12:37 AM

I lol'd.

Playhouse

Quote from: iceache on Nov 02, 2012, 12:37 AM

Yeah holy fuck.

DAFTPUNK87

If ya'll don't start getting along he's gonna shut this thread down too. and then (pretty soon) we won't have anywhere to fight and argue with each other!

and I like how everyone just automatically migrated to the bullshit thread haha

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 12:29 AM

Yeah, I would lose my shit if I was shopping in Walmart and saw the motherfucker sitting on the shelf. LOL