Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 02, 2012, 02:14 AM
Does patience even exist among people anymore? It's not the greediness around here that disturbs me but the utter lack of any patience. There's anticipation and then crybaby antics like a toddler who wants something NOW. I mean I'm excited for this album, I'm a massive deftones fan and I eat, sleep and breathe this band but the thought of waiting another week and a bit doesn't bother me at all. It's only been 2 years since DE. I'm just ecstatic we're hearing new 'tones material again so soon. The 3 year gaps between ATF, WP, ST and SNW were much worse waits and the 4 years between SNW and DE was just painful for obvious reasons. I won't even get into the waits for Tool albums when I used to be such a big Tool fan (6+ years now? wtf?). 2 years since the last album and 12 days to release day doesn't seem so bad.

/endrant

Tool? Dude try Cynic....15 years till another album. THAT was ridiculous, and it was only 30 mins long.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

sing blue silver

Never got into Cynic. That's pretty damn brutal though. I'd be pissed.

DAFTPUNK87

Does patience even exist among people anymore? It's not the greediness around here that disturbs me but the utter lack of any patience. There's anticipation and then crybaby antics like a toddler who wants something NOW. I mean I'm excited for this album, I'm a massive deftones fan and I eat, sleep and breathe this band but the thought of waiting another week and a bit doesn't bother me at all. It's only been 2 years since DE. I'm just ecstatic we're hearing new 'tones material again so soon. The 3 year gaps between ATF, WP, ST and SNW were much worse waits and the 4 years between SNW and DE was just painful for obvious reasons. I won't even get into the waits for Tool albums when I used to be such a big Tool fan (6+ years now? wtf?). 2 years since the last album and 12 days to release day doesn't seem so bad.

/endrant

Man, I've pretty much given up on a new Tool album. I mean, my god they need to get their ass in gear before no one cares about them anymore.. and I'm a huge Tool fan

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

The Chauffer

Quote from: iceache on Nov 02, 2012, 02:03 AM
So. iTunes in my iPad says November 9th release. iPhone says November 13th
That's what you get for having Apple phones...

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 02, 2012, 02:22 AM

/endrant

Man, I've pretty much given up on a new Tool album. I mean, my god they need to get their ass in gear before no one cares about them anymore.. and I'm a huge Tool fan

Now I'm a  Tool mood, gonna listen to 10,000 days again, haven't listened to that record for ages.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

ponyx

....hey guys what if we freeze ourselves until the release date.

DAFTPUNK87

Welp, I'm off to DJ a club.
To share the Deftones spirit that's in the air, I'm mixing in a pretty sweet remix of You've Seen The Butcher  8)

http://www.hulkshare.com/fl7grjngekj0

Hope to see some leakage when I return in the morning!  ;D

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

ominousnimbus

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 02, 2012, 02:22 AM
I've given up on them, too, because I don't have any faith that the end result will be worth the wait. 10,000 Days, for all the waiting, was already a pretty big step down from the quality of everything that came before it. I almost wonder whether another record will serve any purpose other than to tarnish their still-formidable legacy.

I'd much rather a new APC record, to be honest. I trust Billy to deliver the goods even 10 years after Thirteenth Step, but realistically, there's probably even less chance of that happening.

kurtone

Quote from: ponyx on Nov 02, 2012, 02:36 AM
....hey guys what if we freeze ourselves until the release date.

Im not afraid to admit I also had this thought lol

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 02, 2012, 02:44 AM
To share the Deftones spirit that's in the air, I'm mixing in a pretty sweet remix of You've Seen The Butcher  8)

Nice work man!

Knucklestones

Quote from: Mustang on Nov 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Got a confession: the only physical CD's I own are S/T and SNW. It's really tough to find their albums in my country.
Geez, man. Those are the two CD's I'm missing from my collection!

lungdamage

how did you extract the vocals from the original?

shoop

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 02, 2012, 03:41 AM

how did you extract the vocals from the original?
It's a Mustard Pimp remix....he only said he's throwing it in his mix.

one weak

lolz at people absolutely RIPPING into an obvious music insider for posting a a pic of the album. perks of the job, just like everything else in this world.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: one weak on Nov 02, 2012, 04:15 AM
lolz at people absolutely RIPPING into an obvious music insider for posting a a pic of the album. perks of the job, just like everything else in this world.

He obviously wants to make people jealous by posting the pic so he should expect people to hate on him.  What did he think? Everyone would tell him how awesome he is for not sharing?

RaptureWS

True. I get 6 free nights a year at any Hyatt Hotel in the world. Not many people have the option to stay at a resort on a beach for free for almost a week. I would totally trade it for KNY if I could though!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

lungdamage

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 04:24 AM

He obviously wants to make people jealous by posting the pic so he should expect people to hate on him.  What did he think? Everyone would tell him how awesome he is for not sharing?

i think he was mainly thinking about boasting to 'his peers' and 'friends'...
not people that don't know him, finding his twitter account by endlessly trawling google for a leak....
so i don't agree there.

hi man

I dunno if this has been posted yet buuuuuut

Chino Moreno and Sergio Vega on Album Leaks: "Fuck That Shit!"

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2012/10/deftones_chino.php

hi man

Quote from: hi man on Nov 02, 2012, 04:28 AM

Would it piss you off if the new album leaked tomorrow?

Moreno: Yeah, it would definitely upset me. I can understand the excitement of people wanting to hear it, but I don't think people understand what they're really taking for free. The album is six months of my life, and I put a lot of hard work into creating it. I was at the studio every single day, singing parts 15 or more times to make sure it's correct, you know? It does piss me off. And it's not so much about the money, but it's like "Who the fuck is this motherfucker giving away my shit for free?" It's like somebody going into your house, stealing something, and then giving it to someone else.

Vega: People try to act like it's taking some sort of political stance against the opulence of the music industry, but that's bullshit.

Moreno: But once it's out, it's out, and people are gonna share it. Our music is meant to be shared, so I don't really mind. I want people to buy it, of course. But it's that one motherfucker who leaks it that's ripping us off. Fuck that shit!

Vega: Yeah, fuck that shit!

lungdamage

Quote from: hi man on Nov 02, 2012, 04:30 AM
Quote from: hi man on Nov 02, 2012, 04:28 AM

Would it piss you off if the new album leaked tomorrow?

Moreno: Yeah, it would definitely upset me. I can understand the excitement of people wanting to hear it, but I don't think people understand what they're really taking for free. The album is six months of my life, and I put a lot of hard work into creating it. I was at the studio every single day, singing parts 15 or more times to make sure it's correct, you know? It does piss me off. And it's not so much about the money, but it's like "Who the fuck is this motherfucker giving away my shit for free?" It's like somebody going into your house, stealing something, and then giving it to someone else.

Vega: People try to act like it's taking some sort of political stance against the opulence of the music industry, but that's bullshit.

Moreno: But once it's out, it's out, and people are gonna share it. Our music is meant to be shared, so I don't really mind. I want people to buy it, of course. But it's that one motherfucker who leaks it that's ripping us off. Fuck that shit!

Vega: Yeah, fuck that shit!

yeah most people saw that one earlier this week,