Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenOndaNissen

I love the idea of the back, but the picture is awful. It should had been more connection with the actual cover art.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 01:36 PM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 02, 2012, 12:45 PM
I love how the album cover is this weird, beautiful picture of whatever the hell it is, and the back is just a simple picture of the band. Just kind of a cool contrast in my mind.

i don't like that contrast at all. they should've been consistent and have the same kind of theme on the back. the band photo could've been inside the booklet... actually it ruins and brings down the coolness,beauty and epicness of the actual cover
I feel the same it just doesn't flow even if they made the picture black and white it would look better looks a bit fan made to me, like both images separately but not together like that.

Sett

So, is there some information about the album art ? What is that exactly, and why they chose it ?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Sett on Nov 02, 2012, 01:46 PM
So, is there some information about the album art ? What is that exactly, and why they chose it ?
It's just an infinity room they use glass and mirrors and lights to make it look it huge space sort of like a sky with stars

RoyBiggins

The man, the myth, Big Roy a.k.a Young Roy is diggin that interlude from Ram's Head, anyone else check that out

Sett

Just decided to mention here that the title "Romantic Dreams" really bothers me.

x Rx King x

Quote from: Sett on Nov 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
Just decided to mention here that the title "Romantic Dreams" really bothers me.

Does that rustle your jimmies, Sett?

from_musings

yes it's a lame title, they all are - but maybe the titles isn't what's to be worried about now... i mean in the latest review in the interview thread you can see that foo fighters is mentioned twice   :(

x Rx King x

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:18 PM
yes it's a lame title, they all are - but maybe the titles isn't what's to be worried about now... i mean in the latest review in the interview thread you can see that foo fighters is mentioned twice   :(

Sett

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 02, 2012, 03:15 PM
Quote from: Sett on Nov 02, 2012, 03:01 PM

Does that rustle your jimmies, Sett?

Well, kinda. It's boring Friday at work, so it's not like I had something better to do.

N0S3BLEED976

Yeah, but the reviewer doesn't compare their music to Koi No Yokan. He rather says that the impact of the songs on Koi No Yokan is way more intense than a stadium filling band like Foo Fighters could ever reach. And at the end of the review he only brings up the Foo Fighters again only because they once released a song called "Dear Rosemary", whereas "Dear Rosemary" is an emotional stunner Deftones' "Rosemary" on the contrary is an "ice-cold ambient soundscape" with a threatening riff by Steph

from_musings

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 02, 2012, 03:21 PM

chino says it's the most commercial record yet, sergio calls it uplifting,and the review says foo fighters twice. and he's worrying about a song title?`it's like the titanic is sinking and we're on it, but sett is in the restaurant complaining about that his food is burnt. wtf

from_musings

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 PM

Yeah, but the reviewer doesn't compare their music to Koi No Yokan. He rather says that the impact of the songs on Koi No Yokan is way more intense than a stadium filling band like Foo Fighters could ever reach. And at the end of the review he only brings up the Foo Fighters again only because they once released a song called "Dear Rosemary", whereas "Dear Rosemary" is an emotional stunner Deftones' "Rosemary" on the contrary is an "ice-cold ambient soundscape" with a threatening riff by Steph

lol ok  :)

x Rx King x

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 PM

chino says it's the most commercial record yet, sergio calls it uplifting,and the review says foo fighters twice. and he's worrying about a song title?`it's like the titanic is sinking and we're on it, but sett is in the restaurant complaining about that his food is burnt. wtf

wow. my expectations for KNY just dropped... :.(

xLhabiax

Loving the back cover, very ATF.
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Sett

If I may throw another random thought of mine here, I fuckin hate Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl sickens me.

Gee

To me Swerve City, Leathers, Rosemary, Graphic Nature and Tempest are awesome titles. I'm not sure about the other ones. Let's wait til we actually hear the songs to decide, they'll maybe make more sense then.

Honestly, when you look at their previous titles -Lhabia, Around The Fur, Mx, Rx Queen...- some of them look really weird and dumb taken away from the music, and yet today who would question a title like Around The Fur ? Hell Kimdracula is probably the worst title they've ever made and this song is one of my favorites, when I look at the letters I immediately hear Stef's legendary riff in my head.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

xLhabiax

Quote from: Sett on Nov 02, 2012, 03:42 PM
If I may throw another random thought of mine here, I fuckin hate Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl sickens me.

No soup for you!
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

TheShade1989

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 PM

Lmao best comparison ever. I like most of the titles, especially Swerve City, Entombed and Gauze. That said, I think it depends on the music itself. Maybe to some ppl the titles will suck no matter what, but then to others it depends on how it fits in with the music, if at all. Anyways, I wouldnt focus on Chino saying it's their most commercial record. People have different definitions of such things, and there's no way it's gonna be more straight-forward, radio-friendly, simple, etc. than DE. Just...no way.

from_musings

Quote from: Sett on Nov 02, 2012, 03:42 PM

Apperently, deftones and nick raskulinecz highly disagrees with you