Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 02, 2012, 03:53 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 02, 2012, 03:21 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:18 PM
yes it's a lame title, they all are - but maybe the titles isn't what's to be worried about now... i mean in the latest review in the interview thread you can see that foo fighters is mentioned twice   :(

chino says it's the most commercial record yet, sergio calls it uplifting,and the review says foo fighters twice. and he's worrying about a song title?`it's like the titanic is sinking and we're on it, but sett is in the restaurant complaining about that his food is burnt. wtf

Lmao best comparison ever. I like most of the titles, especially Swerve City, Entombed and Gauze. That said, I think it depends on the music itself. Maybe to some ppl the titles will suck no matter what, but then to others it depends on how it fits in with the music, if at all. Anyways, I wouldnt focus on Chino saying it's their most commercial record. People have different definitions of such things, and there's no way it's gonna be more straight-forward, radio-friendly, simple, etc. than DE. Just...no way.

I wouldn't care if they named a song "Shit Sandwich" as long as it sounded good.

x Rx King x

gwenudo

Shouldnt the deluxe edition of KNY be shipping really soon??
Was it like it seemed?...

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Short but good review:

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/303438-deftones_koi_no_yokan

"Storming out of the gate with Swerve City – a brutally sexy sledgehammer of a song, and hands-down their best opener since White Pony's Feiticeira"

Fuck yeah.

DenOndaNissen

Someone here said that the disc definitely would leak now before this last Friday. WHERE IS IT!??

xLhabiax

Quote from: DenOndaNissen on Nov 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
Someone here said that the disc definitely would leak now before this last Friday. WHERE IS IT!??

Why would you take "someone's" word?
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

from_musings

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 04:28 PM
Short but good review:

"Storming out of the gate with Swerve City – a brutally sexy sledgehammer of a song, and hands-down their best opener since White Pony's Feiticeira"

Fuck yeah.

"hands-down their best opener since White Pony's Feiticeira" sounds so dramatic,epic and huge though.
what he's saying is that he likes swerve city more than hexagram,hole in the earth, diamond eyes. i mean it's 3 songs. that are not that great to begin with. calm down mr reviewer

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 04:28 PM
Short but good review:

Fuck yeah.

"hands-down their best opener since White Pony's Feiticeira" sounds so dramatic,epic and huge though.
what he's saying is that he likes swerve city more than hexagram,hole in the earth, diamond eyes. i mean it's 3 songs. that are not that great to begin with. calm down mr reviewer

"storming out of the gate" and "sledgehammer of a song" are what's got me excited plus what other people have said about it being a "bouncy" song.  I like to bounce.

from_musings

yes "sledgehammer" sounds good. hopefully the "sexy" thing won't be cheesy

BallZDeeP

I cant wait to write my own review

Caín

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 04:43 PM
yes "sledgehammer" sounds good. hopefully the "sexy" thing won't be cheesy

The sexiness is the best part of deftones. Always has been.

xToxin

m1nusblindfoLd

This is really starting to piss me off. Can't believe no one will share..

Dan Holman ‏@Dannyx79
OMG Downloading the unreleased new @Deftones album Koi No Yokan. WOOOOOOO

chuckles

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 02, 2012, 05:09 PM
This is really starting to piss me off. Can't believe no one will share..

Dan Holman ‏@Dannyx79
OMG Downloading the unreleased new @Deftones album Koi No Yokan. WOOOOOOO

What makes you think this is really happening... Just wait a couple of more days.. Ull be fine..
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Gee

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Mustang

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

sir madrid

Been gone for 2 days!!!  Still no LEAKED!!!! Da F***

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 02, 2012, 03:40 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 02, 2012, 03:21 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 03:18 PM
yes it's a lame title, they all are - but maybe the titles isn't what's to be worried about now... i mean in the latest review in the interview thread you can see that foo fighters is mentioned twice   :(

chino says it's the most commercial record yet, sergio calls it uplifting,and the review says foo fighters twice. and he's worrying about a song title?`it's like the titanic is sinking and we're on it, but sett is in the restaurant complaining about that his food is burnt. wtf

wow. my expectations for KNY just dropped... :.(

Fuck me, wait till you listen to the album before making opinions. Yes, not everybody in the entire world is going to like the album. Wow, 1 negative opinion and the album off all of a sudden sucks. Did you forget the other reviews?
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3