Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drummerboy_123

Quote from: DarkKnight85 on Nov 02, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, the wait is killer but a part of me likes it. Anticipation. Foreplay. Etc. Etc.

But too much foreplay takes the sexual tension away.
The sky is falling down
The night is calling you
A star is burning out
The sky belongs to you

What Happened to You? <3

DJR

Quote from: Drummerboy_123 on Nov 02, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight85 on Nov 02, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, the wait is killer but a part of me likes it. Anticipation. Foreplay. Etc. Etc.

But too much foreplay takes the sexual tension away.

I just like to fuck haha

NicholasHume

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 02, 2012, 07:35 PM
Oooh well that explains a lot. Yea, he's definitely not gonna leak it and risk his job.

I had just read online earlier that apparently he was offering an early listening party for fans in the Toronto area.

Yeah! Where I live! I'm trying to get info. I was hoping to meet with him and KNY one-on-one, haha. I don't think I'll be that lucky

from_musings

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcuk4bOJKL1qb8okyo1_1280.jpg

the picture on the back of the album looks so weird.. frank looks huge and the other guys look like miniatures of themselves. what's going on?

DJR

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 07:51 PM

the picture on the back of the album looks so weird.. frank looks huge and the other guys look like miniatures of themselves. what's going on?

Frank is Solid as fuck lol

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: NicholasHume on Nov 02, 2012, 07:45 PM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 02, 2012, 07:35 PM
Oooh well that explains a lot. Yea, he's definitely not gonna leak it and risk his job.

I had just read online earlier that apparently he was offering an early listening party for fans in the Toronto area.

Yeah! Where I live! I'm trying to get info. I was hoping to meet with him and KNY one-on-one, haha. I don't think I'll be that lucky
That would be dope and super nice of him lol. He'd probably be afraid someone might rob him for the cd haha

How hilarious would that be. "Man robbed at gun point for advanced copy of new Deftones album"

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

nineteen

Stef has mini arms as well.

DJR

I hope all these guys just have the cases without an actual cd inside :P

DAFTPUNK87

hahaha! I'm gonna go with maybe it's the angle of the cd/photo?? lol it does look odd - think they could have used a better pic

and is that TWO copies?! or just a cardboard sleeve on the right

Jerry_Curls

I love that photo. The TOKYO neon sign in the back...feels like a candid photo. Nothing too staged. They all look young. I like it!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

from_musings

tokyo massage sign in neo is dope   8)

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 02, 2012, 08:05 PM
I love that photo. The TOKYO neon sign in the back...feels like a candid photo. Nothing too staged. They all look young. I like it!

Yeah, it looks like a picture a friend of theirs took while on tour or something. The Tokyo sign is pretty dope

BallZDeeP

The message here is that we are all getting a happy ending upon hearing the record

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Nov 02, 2012, 08:12 PM
The message here is that we are all getting a happy ending upon hearing the record
HAHA! I think you hit the nail on the head

Usurper

There is just an insane amount of hype around this KNY album right now.  The tension is massive.  Im super curious to see who has built it up too much and is let down and which peoples expectations are exceeded.
-[usurper]-

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: DJR on Nov 02, 2012, 07:54 PM
I hope all these guys just have the cases without an actual cd inside :P

I was actually thinking the same thing.  We've yet to see the disk.   :P

hi man

Quote from: hi man on Nov 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
i just heard rosemary for the first time on youtube. the cleanest version. i cant believe how glorious it sounds

i refresh the page now and warnerbros took it off youtube. :'(
i didnt even get a chance to download it yet

bewareofrats

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 02, 2012, 04:28 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Short but good review:

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/303438-deftones_koi_no_yokan

"Storming out of the gate with Swerve City – a brutally sexy sledgehammer of a song, and hands-down their best opener since White Pony's Feiticeira"

Fuck yeah.

"hands-down their best opener since White Pony's Feiticeira" sounds so dramatic,epic and huge though.
what he's saying is that he likes swerve city more than hexagram,hole in the earth, diamond eyes. i mean it's 3 songs. that are not that great to begin with. calm down mr reviewer
Actually 2 of those 3 songs are some of their best.  What are you smoking?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

from_musings

oh hite and d.e sucks. hexagram is good as an opener, it fits... i'm just not a big fan of that song. but s/t as a record is incredible of course

DAFTPUNK87