Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtownpony

Just came across this post on a reddit drums forum:
"However, last time I saw them play, all of a sudden they are super clean and tight, and I see Abe looking down to his left the whole show, so of course I assume, click track! Sure enough I read they are on to a click now, and he is looking at a visual click (I would assume sound too in ear) Can't find a link to the article now, but it was very noticeable".

For a while now I've noticed a more robotic (less free-flow) type of playing style to their live shows. I'm guessing the click track is the possible culprit. On a positive note, it definitely makes them sound more tight.

Penicks

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Jun 21, 2015, 08:15 PMThe balance between that is just as difficult as how many buttons on my blouse I should keep open to make the right impression: you don't want to give too much away, but you want to get your fans' attention. ;D

didn't you say you weigh two hundred pounds

Knucklestones

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 21, 2015, 11:34 PM
Quote from: Lucky_Me on Jun 21, 2015, 08:15 PMThe balance between that is just as difficult as how many buttons on my blouse I should keep open to make the right impression: you don't want to give too much away, but you want to get your fans' attention. ;D

didn't you say you weigh two hundred pounds
200+?

Vesanic

Hopefully she meant her boobs.

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Feb 27, 2013, 02:39 AM
i couldn't give 2 shits if Vesanic ever comes back. 1 less person whining about their newer albums. but mark my words, he'll be back.

Vesanic

I can't believe you went that far just to make a point to me. That is creepy as fuck, dude. Almost honored.

thewanderer

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

from_musings

Quote from: MrVesanique on Jun 22, 2015, 01:11 AM
I can't believe you went that far just to make a point to me. That is creepy as fuck, dude. Almost honored.

really? you try to make this about me? it's not about me. nor about you. it's about hidalgo, and that he seems to possess some clairvoyant psychic powers. don't you see what this means? for instance, in this environment,you can ask him about the new upcoming deftones album, how does it sound,what are the song titles,when will it drop etc. eros..when will it leak etc etc

geraavl08

So July 31 I'm going to see deftones, Its a date that doesn't include Incubus. Any idea who's gonna be opening for the 'tones?

Knucklestones

I found the Facebook account of the original drummer before Abe, John Taylor. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003597387554&fref=hovercard

thewanderer

http://youtu.be/XOzs1FehYOA

Happy shark week everyone.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

Sicario

I read on wikipedia and another article that the riff at the end of Diamond Eyes may be the heaviest thing they have written. I find that hard to believe. What do they mean by heaviest? I am not really a music guru so I can't really pick up on the meaning. I feel like there are heavier songs/moments.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Penicks

lol @ at anything post snw being described as heavy

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Heisenberg on Oct 04, 2015, 02:04 AM
I read on wikipedia and another article that the riff at the end of Diamond Eyes may be the heaviest thing they have written. I find that hard to believe. What do they mean by heaviest? I am not really a music guru so I can't really pick up on the meaning. I feel like there are heavier songs/moments.

Journalists like to throw superlatives around. Especially if it's something new people are excited about.

RavinVsFlud

http://www.examiner.com/article/incubus-talks-deftones-teenage-success-and-the-influence-of-hans-zimmer

Incubus Talks Deftones, Teenage Success, and the Influence of Hans Zimmer

You're touring with the Deftones (and had previously toured with them in 2000). What was it like touring with the band again, 15 years later?

We did do a tour with them in 2000. That was a proper tour between us and them. But then we've also done a million shows together in different scenarios, like festivals. And we're all friends, we've known each other since the late 90s.

Did you know each other before Incubus came together?

No, the Deftones chronologically started becoming successful — started to become a well-known band — before we even got a record deal. Before we started touring and everything like that. I knew who the Deftones were before Incubus even got signed. We didn't have any recordings to sell or anything like that. We were still undeveloped as a band at the time. But we definitely looked up to them — they were a very powerful live band and really fun to watch. We're all fans, so when they asked us to tour with them in 2000, that was really exciting and fun for us because we always loved their music.

It's actually really special and fun for us, to be together with all of us doing this now. To still be playing in 2015, when we've all been doing it for so long. I mean, we all talk about how appreciative all of us are, just in general, to be able to continue making music. We're all grateful for it, and grateful people still love the music and want to come to concerts. Because we've been doing this for so long, there's a lot of camaraderie between all of us. We've seen a lot of bands come and go, you know? They gain popularity and then they're gone. So all of us kind of look at each other, like "Wow, I'm still around! That's pretty cool."

We're all friends and we have a great time — we come out and watch each other play, we're all really supportive of each other. It's really funny because I read reviews of some of our shows and the journalists kind of make it sound like it's a competition of some kind. It's really sad that they look at it that way, because we're really like a big family. We all love being out here together. And the audience...they seem to genuinely enjoy the whole experience.

I know that Incubus fans have a lot of crossover fans with Deftones fans. Not only is there history, but we just know that a lot of our fans tend to be Deftones fans as well.

There's a lot of nostalgia there.

For sure. The vibe has been awesome.

When you talk about the competitiveness angle some journalists have taken, are you referring to any specific article or publication?

Lots of them. [Laughs.]

I did read something recently in The Houston Press. It said, "Unless you're Metallica-level, having a band like Deftones come on right before you raises the bar for your performance. You have to be damn secure in your abilities if you're going to headline."

I think you'll always get stuff like that, and I see that as positive. I'm referring more to the idea that some people think the fact that we're playing after the Deftones is bad or offensive. Because we had been opening for The Deftones when we last toured together.

The thing is, we've been playing these venues by ourselves for the past 10–15 years on our own. By ourselves. This year, when we decided to have The Deftones out here with us, we did that out of friendship. We did it because we all love each other and because we're friends. So to see people trying to create some kind of controversy over who's playing when totally defeats the purpose of why we're all out here playing together. It totally flies in the face of what we all feel when we're touring together.

Yeah, you probably wouldn't be touring with them if either of you had some sense of superiority over the other. I can imagine that wouldn't be a pleasant tour.

I can't control what people say or think, but I do feel like that's kind of a sad way of looking at something that feels good from this side. I don't know, maybe if it's different out there, but back here, where we are...

No, I think it's very cool that fifteen years later, you're still friends, still touring together, and still so supportive of each other.

Knucklestones

deftoneseba

Quote from: Knucklestones on Oct 14, 2015, 05:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYl00HQuYSc Why do things like this exist?
Easy and comfortable money, he didn't even had to move his ass from the couch. This "artist" payed Chino for a couple of samples.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

cvthedrv

Quote from: deftoneseba on Oct 14, 2015, 09:20 PM
Quote from: Knucklestones on Oct 14, 2015, 05:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYl00HQuYSc Why do things like this exist?
Easy and comfortable money, he didn't even had to move his ass from the couch. This "artist" payed Chino for a couple of samples.

what a piece of shit.

ZND84

am I incorrect thinking I saw a video where the girls speaking in the beginning of when girls telephone boys was originally the beginning for needles and pins, I feel like I remember seeing a video of Abe listening to it in the car or something like that