Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Pill

Nah, Yo mama so nasty the million man march was at her house, they call her the carpenters delight, flat as a board and easy to nail.

ANattyRat

Can we not just ban Red Pill? I mean, there are people on this forum who have disagreeing opinions, which is fine. But then there's this guy, who is quite obviously a troll here to just cause trouble.

Red Pill

What? The fuck are you talking about troll ! Just because i dont like Diamond eyes! Lol

LG95

Lifter is the most underrated Deftones chorus. So huge.
I could float here forever

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: LG95 on May 01, 2017, 02:04 PM
Lifter is the most underrated Deftones chorus. So huge.

i guess you could say it LIFTS more than others

ANattyRat

Quote from: Red Pill on Apr 30, 2017, 06:29 AM
What? The fuck are you talking about troll ! Just because i dont like Diamond eyes! Lol

Dude, I literally don't care that you hate almost every single Deftones album. Like I said, I'm fine with people with different opinions. But you don't say anything unless it's negative or to start drama. I mean, in a thread about favourite albums, you probably wouldn't even talk about your favourite album, you'd still manage to find a way to just hate on whatever anyone else is saying. Contribute to a conversation in an actual productive way.

Red Pill

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 01, 2017, 08:52 PM

Dude, I literally don't care that you hate almost every single Deftones album. Like I said, I'm fine with people with different opinions. But you don't say anything unless it's negative or to start drama. I mean, in a thread about favourite albums, you probably wouldn't even talk about your favourite album, you'd still manage to find a way to just hate on whatever anyone else is saying. Contribute to a conversation in an actual productive way.
No the people around here: drama queens of stone age... Deftones are in a negative fase, in my opinion! I'm just expressing my opinions about it! Bad musical options shouldn't have been rewarded.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Red Pill on May 01, 2017, 09:34 PM

No the people around here: drama queens of stone age... Deftones are in a negative fase, in my opinion! I'm just expressing my opinions about it! Bad musical options shouldn't have been rewarded.

It's not a reward for bad music. Your opinion is just an opinion. If some of us love their newer albums then it's just as valid as those who hate/dislike their newer albums. So for sure you can talk about the negatives, but do it in a way that doesn't come across as being negative for the sake of it. Don't drag down other people's opinions or cause drama, just express the things you dislike and take it from there. And alternatively, talk about the albums you do like.

BewareTheWater

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 01, 2017, 11:52 PM

It's not a reward for bad music. Your opinion is just an opinion. If some of us love their newer albums then it's just as valid as those who hate/dislike their newer albums. So for sure you can talk about the negatives, but do it in a way that doesn't come across as being negative for the sake of it. Don't drag down other people's opinions or cause drama, just express the things you dislike and take it from there. And alternatively, talk about the albums you do like.
This. Just... all of this right here. <3

Red Pill

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 01, 2017, 11:52 PM

In my point of view, i'm only being honest... In my opinion ...I told ya.

illthrowROCKS@U

The only drama I ever see around here floats around you and a couple other people. So, I wouldn't exactly say it's "Deftones fans" that cause drama, just certain ones who have limited social skills.

If your idea of a good musical "option" for Deftones, is for them to make 8 Adrenalines, then I'm pretty fucking glad your preferences were not rewarded. No thanks!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Vesanic

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 02, 2017, 05:30 PM
The only drama I ever see around here floats around you and a couple other people. So, I wouldn't exactly say it's "Deftones fans" that cause drama, just certain ones who have limited social skills.

Plead guilty, trying to behave though haha

Red Pill

Quote from: Vesanic on May 03, 2017, 04:02 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on May 02, 2017, 05:30 PM

Plead guilty, trying to behave though haha

LolzZz in your dreams, I'm just sharing opinions! And the drama Queens keep coming butthurt!

BewareTheWater

Sooooo it's confirmed. Deftones ain't down to chill wit Korn no mo'.

http://loudwire.com/chino-moreno-deftones-dont-want-to-tour-with-korn/

It's kind of a shame, if you ask me. Korn were there for Deftones in the early days when nobody else was and would let them open for em all the time, and they seemed like rather good friends back in those days. For Chino to turn his back on them like that... It just feels kinda wrong. But I guess the fans wouldn't click , anyway. You'll always have Deftones fans saying " who cares ? Korn sucks ! They're sellouts ! " and Korn fans saying " who cares ? Deftones suck ! They're jealous of Korn's success ! " And, well.... both sides have their idiots, lol. It's just an extra sting when you're a fan of both bands...

LG95

Hmmmm that's been slightly taken out of context. He was being interviewed by Metal Hammer about Around The Fur and so he's actually talking about his desire at the time to remove himself from the nu-metal label. He's not talking generally and he's not responding to Head's comments either.

BewareTheWater

It's still a recent comment/interview, so it's not like he doesn't still feel this way. Otherwise, he'd mention not feeling said way.

ANattyRat

Yeah but he's not turning his back on them. They're still cool, still friends, etc. They just don't want to tour with them, and that's fine. It sucks if you want to see both bands together, but let's face it, Deftones haven't been nu-metal for 20 years. They never even wanted to be, really.

LG95

Quote from: BewareTheWater on May 04, 2017, 09:28 PM
It's still a recent comment/interview, so it's not like he doesn't still feel this way. Otherwise, he'd mention not feeling said way.
Oh I'm not saying he wouldn't refuse a tour with them now. I'm just saying there's a context there that hasn't really been mentioned.

Inkblades

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D This is going to drive the doofus trio INSANE. Fuck yeah, Chino!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on May 04, 2017, 10:16 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D This is going to drive to the doofus trio INSANE. Fuck yeah, Chino!

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem