Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Cd Vs vinyl

Started by mrpelon94, May 27, 2011, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpelon94

I know ima get shit for this post...but for somebody who has never own a record or record player...is the sound quality much better than CDs ?.......I like to hear the clearest of quality...I heard the covers vinyl rip and it sounded way better than the cd versions

sing blue silver

it depends on your record player really. my roomies record player is old as shit and sounds like ass. i put a lot of money into mine and it sounds awesome. with cd i find i hear a lot more of a digital, unpleasant sound on "s" sounds and drum tracks. with vinyl i don't get that and you get a warmer, more lush low end and the tones are a lot cleaner and softer sounding than i get from cds. this all depends on your record player though. those pops and clicks are basically non-existant with my player. some people like that stuff though... i'm not one of those. it's a matter of preference. i feel with a really high quality player and not cheaping out on needles, i get the best sound (or at least the sound i enjoy most out of music).

mrpelon94

cool man thanx......im thinking of getting those new record players that has a usb......im also trying to start a deftones record collection

poofing acid

analog > digital

That's all you need to know.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

A vinyl rip wouldn't sound better than a cd-rip. Ripping music of vinyl defeats the whole purpose of the format. In fact the vinyl rips mostly sound like shit if you ask me.

black coffee

Quote from: poofing acid on May 27, 2011, 10:34 PM
analog > digital

That makes just as much sense as appletards stating the sound quality of ipods is better than the sound quality of other mp3-players.

Also with the endless re-re-revival of vinyl ... if you think it's cool, then go for it.

I got a few LP's myself, it's nice to have a book instead of a tiny booklet, but when it comes to sound quality ( and you were asking for the clearest ), there is no way around Cd's.

poofing acid

Mp3's suck ass altogether. 

Deftones-argentina

I truly think there's a lot of masturbation thought into vinyls. it's a different experience. The mastering ussually changes, the EQ also changes and the enviroment a purpose changes too.
We should be glad of the quality of music we recieve nowadas (even despite I don't like all the loudness war stuff going on).

Jerry_Curls

I like having the art be 10x bigger.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Oldnewtype

I only really like rare vinyls, the biggest reason i got into them was for stuff that is almost impossible to find on cd or especially on the internet.