Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tech N9ne Ft Chino Moreno and Stephen Carpenter

Started by deftjess, Jun 02, 2011, 02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

mono

from_musings

i like it... although i like hip hop, i would prefer chino or some other guy singing in the verse insted of tech 9rap. if it's chino or steph who wrote the song, it would've been better to do it with a singer insted

from_musings

i like it as a collab on another artist's cd. never on a deftones album. btw, thanks for posting

sing blue silver

well it's certainly not terrible or anything. i just don't find anything too special about it. if you like it thats cool but it just seems pretty bland to me.

mono

from_musings

I know i have to listen to this song in secret. if i would put it on during a party, people would wonder if I was a retard and go "yo linkin park fag, the 90's called - wanted their song back"

Vesanic

Hate Chino's part, sounds awfully mainstream.

from_musings

yes if you listen to it as a deftones song, you will be disappointed

el perro

Yeah i like it. Good music is good music whoever it is. Maybe a shout out to some future Deftones material. Diamond Eyes is pretty mainstream minus the heavy riffs.

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 02, 2011, 02:19 PM
yes if you listen to it as a deftones song, you will be disappointed

No fucking shit, Sherlock.

Penicks

from_musings

well listen to it as a mainstream song and you won't be mad about it sounding mainstream  ;) if chino would put this on a deftones album i would be bummed out too, but it's not a deftones song, take it for what it is

Inkblades

Song doesn't really grab me. Cool they worked with him though.

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 02, 2011, 02:50 PM
well listen to it as a mainstream song and you won't be mad about it sounding mainstream  ;) if chino would put this on a deftones album i would be bummed out too, but it's not a deftones song, take it for what it is

" Listen to it as a mainstream song " ? Does that even make sense ? There are good mainstream songs, this one is not one of them.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 02, 2011, 03:22 PM
" Listen to it as a mainstream song " ? Does that even make sense ?

of course. you were annoyed that chino sounded mainstream in a mainstream song, because chino usually sings in more underground material in deftones. it's like if i listen to team sleep and go "damn he sound so soft in these songs?" that's wouldn't be right of me because i have to listen to it as a soft record,because that what it is... not listen to it as chino on a deftones record. if you like the song or not is another story

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 02, 2011, 03:32 PM
of course. you were annoyed that chino sounded mainstream in a mainstream song, because chino usually sings in more underground material in deftones.

Wrong. It's not like I only like the stuff he sang in Deftones and Team Sleep. I like most of his collabs. This one just doesn't work, to me.

from_musings