Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

scotland's best kept secret

Started by blixa, Jun 03, 2011, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

how is it that frightened rabbit (or frabbit as i like to call them) are not better known? been listening to them for months now and the vocalist is one of the best i've heard in the last five years.

this was the first song i heard that pricked my ears:
Frightened Rabbit - Keep Yourself Warm

Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Cant See Land

Frightened Rabbit - Set You Free

the lyrics on this is incredible:
Frightened Rabbit-Poke

lukas989

theres quite the scene happening here alright - Frightened Rabbit will explode soon enough....they've been getting great touring support slots (notably Biffy Clyro, meaning they've played the super big arena here in Scotland).  I must mention Verse Metrics also (http://www.versemetrics.com/) - one of my best buddies is singer.  All their stuff is up on the site.  Been getting solid reviews and stuff.

black coffee

Not really my thing, but talking about secrets from Scotland, Aereogramme comes to mind immediately.

Crazylegs

What sucks about aereogramme is that they just have a few really, really good songs, and the rest is super average and downright boring at times.

bright lights, big city

that's true, but those really good songs by Aereogramme are really, really, fucking good songs.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

black coffee

Super average and downright boring at times? You got to tell me which songs you guys are talking about, because I seriously have no idea. I always hate those generalizations, like "do you know this band?" - "Heard of them before"

What does that mean, heard of them before? Heard an album, a song, their band name?

blixa

i'm just listening to aereogramme now. they're very good. daaaamn. another secret, scotland!

pinkmaggit

Another great Scottish band.
For those who haven't heard of the Vaselines you may have heard this song befor  ;)

The Vaselines-Son Of a Gun