Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

OFFICIAL HOLLYWOOD MEAT-UP

Started by Jerry_Curls, Jun 09, 2011, 12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

3pm...Dillon's Irish Pub... on the corner of Hollywood/Vine. Get into it!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

chaka.chaka

If you're at the pub at 4, how do you get a front row center spot?

bangbang240

Anyone actually meeting up today? Thinking about driving down to Hollywood around 4ish...

Jerry_Curls

^ Well...I plan to go to the bar even if nobody wants to meet.

Quote from: chaka.chaka on Jun 09, 2011, 05:19 PM
If you're at the pub at 4, how do you get a front row center spot?

My sister will be waiting in line.

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Starz

I;m heading out about 4 so hopefully some of you guys will still be there

Jerry_Curls

@ the bar....no one is here cept me. On my 2nd drink. Yall nigggas lag it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

Fuck you guys. I was at the bar till 7.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Vesanic

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Birthmark
Engine No. 9
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Digital Bath
Knife Prty [feat. Teri Gender Bender]
Korea
Minerva
Bloody Cape
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Cherry Waves
Feiticeira
Elite
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger [feat. Greg Puciato]
Back To School (Mini Maggit)

Root
7 Words

Tavo805

This Shit was Fuckin Awesome!

Starz

The band killed it live but such a shame about the set list, especially having come all this way to see them, Ah wells, still had a good time. $12 for a beer though?! Jeez

chaka.chaka

I was in the line from about 1230 on. Got my front-row center spot as usual! Great fucking show! Definately worth the bruises...

Deftones - Diamond Eyes @ Hollywood Palladium (06/10/11)

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Starz on Jun 11, 2011, 02:10 PM
$12 for a beer though?! Jeez

That's why I was throwing down $3 pints of beers. Tsk Tsk
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

chaka.chaka

I just had a few tallboys in the line and everything was good. Once I got inside, I took my spot, and I wasn't going anywhere.

What about those background videos!?! Some trippy shit right there! :] Knife Party was INSANE! The opener Le Bucherettes were crazy. The chick was all over the place, but it was a good opener for this tour. Dillinger, lots of people of big fans of Dillinger and Deftones, so it works. What an awesome show~

ponyx

Quote from: chaka.chaka on Jun 11, 2011, 07:06 PM
I just had a few tallboys in the line and everything was good. Once I got inside, I took my spot, and I wasn't going anywhere.

What about those background videos!?! Some trippy shit right there! :] Knife Party was INSANE! The opener Le Bucherettes were crazy. The chick was all over the place, but it was a good opener for this tour. Dillinger, lots of people of big fans of Dillinger and Deftones, so it works. What an awesome show~
Angel?! lol
im the girl with the "little leopard shoes" haha behind you in line.
the show was amazing! chino went right on me for elite, he messed up my glasses but i was just asking for it in that spot x)
great great spot, and i liked Le Butcherettes as well as DEP. Energy throughout the whole show!

Variable

You must have been right next to me because he was literally screaming in my face during elite.

bangbang240

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaf9nhOoPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8pUqpLjJ0

I was sitting on the balcony stage left in the VIP area..

I have a few more songs recorded if anyones interested...

chaka.chaka

Quote from: ponyx on Jun 12, 2011, 01:12 AM
Quote from: chaka.chaka on Jun 11, 2011, 07:06 PM

Angel?! lol
im the girl with the "little leopard shoes" haha behind you in line.
the show was amazing! chino went right on me for elite, he messed up my glasses but i was just asking for it in that spot x)
great great spot, and i liked Le Butcherettes as well as DEP. Energy throughout the whole show!

Damn, I don't know whether to be excited cuz you remembered me, or checking into rehab.. lol.

Check this out from last night.
Chino & Crowd: Deftones @ The Joint Las Vegas 06/11/11
He rushed us. It was good times!

skinnypuppy

For some reason I didn't have a great time at this show. The setlist, compared to the last few shows I've gone to, was lackluster. But in general, it was a good setlist. Don't get me wrong. I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Can't wait for the Fox show though.

Starz

Yeah the setlist kinda ruined it for me too. I mean, do people still get super excited over Change, Back to School and 7 Words? I'd prefer some rarer shit over these songs any day. I always thought Deftones changed their setlist up at every show so they didn't get bored of playing the same shit over and over, but for this tour it seems they're not. Maybe it's to help Sergio out, I don't know.

@ SkinnyPuppy: were you in the Boho bar last night? Saw someone wearing a Skinny Puppy shirt and thought it might have been you. Time for my 12 hour flight back to London now. Bye

skinnypuppy

Quote from: Starz on Jun 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah the setlist kinda ruined it for me too. I mean, do people still get super excited over Change, Back to School and 7 Words? I'd prefer some rarer shit over these songs any day. I always thought Deftones changed their setlist up at every show so they didn't get bored of playing the same shit over and over, but for this tour it seems they're not. Maybe it's to help Sergio out, I don't know.

@ SkinnyPuppy: were you in the Boho bar last night? Saw someone wearing a Skinny Puppy shirt and thought it might have been you. Time for my 12 hour flight back to London now. Bye

No but that is funny hehe - I always have a skinny puppy beanie on, though. This is the first time I've ever gone to a Deftones show and not ran into someone I know. SO weird. I got there 10 mins before Deftones went on though so I didn't have much time to hang out and find peeps. I was at Cat N Fiddle before the show having dinner with a friend for his birthday then went to Loaded Bar after the show.

Back 2 School was a cool moment, I've only seen them play that song once or twice before. Engine No9 and Be Quiet is always great to have on the setlist, I'm just really burnt out on Birthmark, Summer, Knife Prt, Elite, Change, Passanger and 7 Words... I'm just so burnt out on those songs, but for someone who hasn't seen the band 20+ times, I'm sure those songs are desirable to new fans.