Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Documentaries

Started by bright lights, big city, Jun 17, 2011, 04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

surprised I couldn't find a good old thread all about docs. I'm always looking for some good documentaries to watch. Here's a classic from 1994, that I recently re-watched, Hoop Dreams. One of my all-time faves, but then again I'm a basketball junkie. this took place in Chicago when I was growing up and all I cared about was basketball too. Whole thing's on youtube in like 17 parts.

Hoop Dreams part 1
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Anvil: The Story of Anvil. One of my all time favorites.

QuoteAt 14, best friends Robb Reiner and Lips made a pact to rock together forever. Their band, Anvil, hailed as the "demi-gods of Canadian metal, " influenced a musical generation that includes Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax, despite never hitting the big time. Following a calamitous European tour, Lips and Robb, now in their fifties, set off to record their 13th album in one last attempt to fulfill their boyhood dreams

http://www.megavideo.com/v/XIBKAIAI7c5bf314b5e55ea42463afae2631839b

bright lights, big city

wow, I honestly forgot about that one. that was a documentary that really was depressing to me.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

spitfire

i love docs, especially music docs. just watched that Anvil doc, really nice.

check this one out (Darwins Nightmare), really makes you think the results of your habbits in other parts of the world
Darwins Alptraum / darwin's nightmare (full)

lostpilot

PLANET EARTH.

/thread

spitfire

lostpilot

It's a documentary about nature etc which is awesome in HD etc :)

spitfire

Quote from: lostpilot on Jun 17, 2011, 10:01 PM
It's a documentary about nature etc which is awesome in HD etc :)
??? are you trying to make me confuse on purpose...im i missing something  :)

blixa

the last documentary i watched that affected me quite a lot was marwencol.

bright lights, big city

Planet Earth as well as Blue Planet were amazing while under the influence. They just put into a nice zone. And there's just something soothing about David Attenborough's voice.

This was also a really great documentary, I learned a lot from it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_end_in_sight

NO END IN SIGHT Trailer
DERP

bright lights, big city

Finally found this one in the archives. Theis actually posted this earlier this year, and it blew me away. I think  you'd like this one, Miriam. Here's the quote from Theis.

Quote from: theis on Mar 01, 2011, 03:47 PM
I also watched this documentary called "Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father".

Probably the most devastating doc I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

You can watch it here: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dear-zachary-a-letter-to-a-son-about-his-father/
DERP

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 18, 2011, 05:22 PM
Finally found this one in the archives. Theis actually posted this earlier this year, and it blew me away. I think  you'd like this one, Miriam. Here's the quote from Theis.

I also watched this documentary called "Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father".

You can watch it here: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dear-zachary-a-letter-to-a-son-about-his-father/

just watched it. seriously fucked how this woman was not locked up.

bright lights, big city

you're goddamn right. I couldn't believe all that shit that family had to put up with.
DERP

Tavo805

A Dcoumentary I Really love is "the Gits" tells the story about Mia Zapata, who was an up and coming rockstar and lead singer of the band "the Gits" ,who was mudered in 1993, recommened to all GREAT Music that the band created .. VIVa Zapata
The Gits Movie Part 1

BillyNo.9

@Tava805
Whats the name of the song thats playing when you see the Seattle skyline? 

sing blue silver

Quote from: blixa on Jun 19, 2011, 03:20 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 18, 2011, 05:22 PM
Finally found this one in the archives. Theis actually posted this earlier this year, and it blew me away. I think  you'd like this one, Miriam. Here's the quote from Theis.

just watched it. seriously fucked how this woman was not locked up.

just watched this too. those are some amazing people. just... wow.

BillyNo.9

Thank you Tevo805 for posting that video. I just watched the whole thing and found so much amazing music. I was almost in tears when her father spoke about her wake

Tavo805

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 20, 2011, 03:23 AM
Thank you Tevo805 for posting that video. I just watched the whole thing and found so much amazing music. I was almost in tears when her father spoke about her wake
Your Very Welcomed BillyNo.9 !! Its Makes me so happy to see that you enjoyed it!! Yes the part with Mia's Dad Always gets to me :(

Penicks