Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Documentaries

Started by bright lights, big city, Jun 17, 2011, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

this is a must see. regardless of musical taste,Brian jonestown massacre are the coolest persons (12 parts)

DiG! - Brian Jonestown Massacre (1/12)

BillyNo.9

Michael Alig is one psychotic son of a bitch :| Really interesting and disturbing. Great Thread

bright lights, big city

Exit Through the Gift Shop 2010 - DVD - A Banksy Film

just a sample of the beginning of the great movie that should've won an oscar this past year.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

spitfire

this is such a cool topic.
just watched from_musings tip to DiG? loved it. Anton Newcombe is a lunatic.
will check others posted on the first page when i have time.
Exit Through the Gift Shop, saw that ealier this year, enjoyed it, great street art in it, but at the end i kinda felt disappointed (you know why.....dont wanna spoil it)

BillyNo.9

Loved exit through the gift shop. Thanks for posting :) I really don't know what to make of MBW, I like to believe he's aware of the irony that came with his success but I doubt it XD

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

heres a fucked up one for ya's!

Cannibal Superstar with bulgarian subtitles

seriously... if you're in a good mood prepare to have it ruined.

bright lights, big city

I accepted your challenge... and wtf why did I start my day with this?!
DERP

Penicks

Waking Sleeping Beauty

interesting documentary about the Great Revival of disney in the eighties, recommended for those who grew up with disney (everyone)

Jerry_Curls

I recently saw a doc called Until the Light Takes Us...its about the start of Norwegian black metal and the crazy (or not so crazy) stuff that happened in the 90s. Highly recommend it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

lukas989

Lungfish is weel worth a check - ah the perils of seeking lovers on the web...

BillyNo.9

Quote from: lukas989 on Jul 10, 2011, 10:44 PM
Lungfish is weel worth a check - ah the perils of seeking lovers on the web...

Do you mean Dogfish? I searched lunfish an all I found was this eel looking motherfucker  ???

lukas989

Heh - I actgually meant Catfish.  As we all know Lungfish is a band on Dischord...otherwise Ive no idea why I mistook the two.  But yeah heres a link to save you the bother:

http://www.novamov.com/video/5l82amsd1bp6n

BillyNo.9

Yeah catfish thats it, I fucked up too, I didnt know that was a real documentary, I thought it was more like a blair witch "documentary"

blixa

spitfire

after seeing the fuzz on the RIP topic about Amy Winehouse, reminded me of this. it really makes you think
Episode 1
Our Drugs War: Episode 1 - Everyone's at It

Episode 2
Our Drugs War: Episode 2 - The Life and Death of a Dealer

Episode 3
Our Drugs War: Episode 3 - Birth of a Narco-State

also check this one
If Drugs Were Legal (2005) [Full Length]

blixa

the art of the steal made me so fucking mad. fuuuuuuck.

great doco though.

Penicks

bright lights, big city

Gonna see this documentary this weekend. Been excited about it ever since I found out it was from the guy who did Hoop Dreams.

The Interrupters Sundance trailer

The Interrupters tells the moving and surprising stories of three Violence Interrupters who try to protect their Chicago communities from the violence they once employed. From acclaimed director Steve James and bestselling author Alex Kotlowitz, this film is an unusually intimate journey into the stubborn, persistence of violence in our cities. Shot over the course of a year out of Kartemquin Films, The Interrupters captures a period in Chicago when it became a national symbol for the violence in our cities. During that period, the city was besieged by high-profile incidents, most notably the brutal beating of Derrion Albert, a Chicago High School student, whose death was caught on videotape.

The film's main subjects work for an innovative organization, CeaseFire, which believes that the spread of violence mimics the spread of infectious diseases, and so the treatment should be similar: go after the most infected, and stop the infection at its source. The singular mission of the "Violence Interrupters" — who have credibility on the streets because of their own personal histories -- is to intervene in conflicts before they explode into violence.
DERP

spitfire

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 21, 2011, 12:52 AM
this is a must see. regardless of musical taste,Brian jonestown massacre are the coolest persons (12 parts)

DiG! - Brian Jonestown Massacre (1/12)
man saw this when u posted it, totally forgot to leave feedback. really enjoyed it. and i thought the Gallagher brothers had bad temper. thx for it.

next is blixa tip for The Art of Steal, been on my hd for 3 weeks already, need to watch it