Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

age of Deftones fans

Started by One_Weak, Jun 18, 2011, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_Weak

I'm 22 and was just wondering how old some of you hardcore Deftones fans are.

I just really got into the band last year, and have a high replay value for most of their albums (like I do for most of my fav bands). I don't see myself getting "tired" or "sick" of Deftones for some time, if at all ever, dependent of course on how often I listen to them over the years
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

ponyx

I'm 17. I got into them last year too. I've had minerva on my ipod for prob 2 or 3 years and I would always skip it -____- and then I watched the movie 'manic' and I heard headup and I searched who it was and now they're my favorite band. The song that really got me to get there whole discography was beware.

There Will Be Blood

turn 26... soon... so I guess I'm in the 26-30 class lol

svjchtr

28 :(

dunno if i'm a "hardcore fan" - i mostly just lurk here because the deftones following seems to have abnormally good taste on average - but I guess 'tones is the only band I listened to in high school that I still listen to nowadays, so that probably counts for something? :B

Frequency_Chemist

I'm also 22. My roomate in 08' was a huge Deftones fan and i've been hooked ever since.

One_Weak

Quote from: ponyx on Jun 18, 2011, 04:30 AM
I'm 17. I got into them last year too. I've had minerva on my ipod for prob 2 or 3 years and I would always skip it -____- and then I watched the movie 'manic' and I heard headup and I searched who it was and now they're my favorite band. The song that really got me to get there whole discography was beware.

I'm the same way except it was with My Own Summer; I loved that song thanks to The Matrix but the fact that it took me so long to actually get into the band as a whole is kind of disappointing. when I think about it a second time, I realize it isn't, because it's great timing in my life.

I agree in the sense that Beware is such a great song, sort of underrated I think, though again it took me a few months to give their slower songs a chance. and ultimately I'm glad I did.
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

Tavo805

Im 18 Got into them last year though i had always loved change ever since hearing it on the Movie Queen of the Damned ,i saw them for the first time in LA at the Hollywood Palladium , it was awesome!

ponyx

endstand

I'm turning 24 now. In love with them after self-titled release.
hello memory lover, you are mine

vinsanity

23, first Deftones's track i heard was My own summer in the Matrix OST., then i bought white pony back in 2000, been my favorite band ever since =)
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

aj

Vesanic

2HitsThe6

Im 29 now, I got into them in 97 with the release of ATF, back then Kerrang used to be a reliable source for music reviews, they gave the album 5/5 and that was enough for me to make the purchase, Id never heard any of their material before but it completely changed my musical direction once I listened to it.

lostpilot

wheresmysnare

mAscArA81

I'm 30 and began to listen to them when i was 19 or 20 years old, so many years listening  DEFTONES and never get tired of them!!!

Korea Rounding

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 18, 2011, 08:33 AM

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 24, 2010, 11:16 AM
It was definitely the best Deftones concert I've been to. Leuven 2003 was special with the self-titled mood and the wild Chino, but yesterday was more... concrete, in a way.

You were twelve years old that consert    ?