Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

age of Deftones fans

Started by One_Weak, Jun 18, 2011, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

32, been listening to Deftones since late 95/early 96. First time I heard them was when I seen the music video for 7 Words and the first time I seen them was at the 96 Warped Tour.

After seeing the music video I found out a few weeks later a friend had Adrenaline on CD so I borrowed it and bought it the very next day.

birkoff

23, fan since a cousin gave me the atf cd, i think it was in 98'

amber

Old 30 year old here.  :-[

Started listening to deftones in 1996. Attended my first deftones concert in 98. Fav band, still. I have probably seen them live 15-20 times.  I did take a hitatus from concerts from 2004-2009 to pop out a couple kids. ;)  Now, I am back to a place where I just can't get enough of them.

BillyNo.9

Been a fan since I was 13. Got really fucked up when I saw them live. Manchester academy is a pretty cool place :P

poofing acid

Quote from: amber on Jun 18, 2011, 07:15 PM

Started listening to deftones in 1996. Attended my first deftones concert in 98. Fav band, still. I have probably seen them live 15-20 times.  I did take a hitatus from concerts from 2004-2009 to pop out a couple kids. ;)  Now, I am back to a place where I just can't get enough of them.

Are you amber from the hub?

Also, lots of n00bs here, kinda strange.  I guess this band didn't peak fanbase wise.  Still, n00bs.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: poofing acid on Jun 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
Also, lots of n00bs here, kinda strange.  I guess this band didn't peak fanbase wise.  Still, n00bs.

It's not exactly a bad thing that they have a broad fanbase, but yeah, a lot of the newer fans should do their homework a little, I wonder how many have been through that extensive digging around for material they haven't heard stage.

pony_01

I'm 21 now. First listening was 8 years ago, when I'm 13. I'm a hardcore fan. lol

cesar421

21...turning 22 this tuesday

got into the deftones at 8.

poofing acid

Yeah I remember my mom putting headphones on her stomach when I was still developing in the womb.  Been a fan since prebirth.

pony_01

Quote from: poofing acid on Jun 18, 2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah I remember my mom putting headphones on her stomach when I was still developing in the womb.  Been a fan since prebirth.

cool!

nineteen

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 18, 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote from: poofing acid link=topic=18907.msg746381#msg746381 date=1308428979
Also, lots of n00bs here, kinda strange.  I guess this band didn't peak fanbase wise.  Still, n00bs.
/quote]

It's not exactly a bad thing that they have a broad fanbase, but yeah, a lot of the newer fans should do their homework a little, I wonder how many have been through that extensive digging around for material they haven't heard stage.

It used to be fun when the internet wasn't around. Stupid internerd, it's ruined all sense of wonder.

sing blue silver

i like that they pull in new fans. keeps them relevant. and those kids (if they get truly into the band) will get into that phase of needing to see and hear everything eventually. actually that phase never really seems to end.

amber

If you mean the Amber who was active years a few years ago.... then yeah. I'm not sure if there was another Amber somewhere out there. It's been a while. I did a lot of trading/dowloading when I was in college.... before stuff became so widely available like it is now.

jbmp1390

I'm now 20, started listening to them when I was like 14. It actually started because I was in that 13-14 listen to korn and be depressed stage and I heard that song Wicked from life is peachy, and I was just really interested to learn who chino was after I heard him rapping on it. Continued from there...

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

One_Weak

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 18, 2011, 08:34 PM

<-- this guy right here
I said this is some other thread here where I was the OP, that I'm kind of a Deftones "noob" but don't feel bad about it. my belated 'discovery' of exploration of them has come at a great time in my life, inspired a lot of things I've done, and opened up my view towards music. 
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

poofing acid

Quote from: amber on Jun 19, 2011, 12:01 AM

If you mean the Amber who was active years a few years ago.... then yeah. I'm not sure if there was another Amber somewhere out there. It's been a while. I did a lot of trading/dowloading when I was in college.... before stuff became so widely available like it is now.

Yeah there was no other amber. Which is the color of your energy.  Whoa...whoa

poofing acid

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jun 19, 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm now 20, started listening to them when I was like 14. It actually started because I was in that 13-14 listen to korn and be depressed stage and I heard that song Wicked from life is peachy, and I was just really interested to learn who chino was after I heard him rapping on it. Continued from there...

Yeah, that sounds gay.

simmamadrama4000

I'm 20 now, But I remember hearing "Change" a few times on the radio (and in flash videos online) when WP came out and I liked it but I never looked up who it was by...I suppose I started becoming an "official fan" after B-Sides and Rarities came out (2005 or so) cause I remember saving up (allowance) money to buy SNW when it first came out and when I first saw them live in in 2006 for the Family Values Tour w/Korn they started playing HITE before it was even barely a single and I was the only one in the crowd that knew all the words already lol. Guess I still would consider myself "obsessed" after them seeing them live 6 times so far ever so traveling around the US to see them.

amber

Quote from: poofing acid on Jun 19, 2011, 05:32 AM
Quote from: amber on Jun 19, 2011, 12:01 AM

Yeah there was no other amber. Which is the color of your energy.  Whoa...whoa

Ha, I know who you are. ;) Damn, the last time I logged in here until recently was in 2004.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.