Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

age of Deftones fans

Started by One_Weak, Jun 18, 2011, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

29, First heard them when I was 14.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Caín

28. Heard them first when I was 16.

pissedandpierced

Can someone lock this thread cos I'm feeling really old :(
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

snw9

Heard "my own summer" when I was 13 and had no idea what Chino was singing about, I was really following the riffs at first
Code: [Select]

cheryl

52.. just saw them at the Tabernacle in Atl on May 28th.. amazing show !!

downtownpony

I'm not sure how old I am. My parents never told me. I look like I could be somewhere between 20 and 27. I spend 2-3 hours everyday looking in the mirror wondering who I really am, and where I'm from. My back is covered with scars, and my chest has a tattoo that kind of looks like a map. And I don't know where they came from.

glassjawed

I am 35 and have been listening to the tones since a week after adrenaline came out. I have seen them thirty times. Still mad at myself that during a record signing in Milwaukee for Around the Fur I had ten minutes to talk with Chino and I completely froze. I want another try! Took my buddy James to see them in Madison. He is 54 and always makes me feel young. I am starting to think they should either tour less or hang it up after the next record. Chino seems pretty wiped on this leg of the tour. Happy their Weinhouse phase is over. I remember the years where you were going to get a coherent show or a drunk fest.

Deftones-argentina

and a friend of mine told me deftones was music just for your people, ha. Love the fact that each one of us didn't thought deftones as a phase, rather we chose it like a life companion.

I can never see ourselves quitting deftones, that's something to be proud of.

jbmp1390

Quote from: poofing acid on Jun 19, 2011, 05:33 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jun 19, 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm now 20, started listening to them when I was like 14. It actually started because I was in that 13-14 listen to korn and be depressed stage and I heard that song Wicked from life is peachy, and I was just really interested to learn who chino was after I heard him rapping on it. Continued from there...

Yeah, that sounds gay.

Dude, what the hell? So sorry I used to listen to other bands

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

poofing acid

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jun 21, 2011, 03:07 AM
Quote from: poofing acid on Jun 19, 2011, 05:33 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jun 19, 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm now 20, started listening to them when I was like 14. It actually started because I was in that 13-14 listen to korn and be depressed stage and I heard that song Wicked from life is peachy, and I was just really interested to learn who chino was after I heard him rapping on it. Continued from there...

Yeah, that sounds gay.

Dude, what the hell? So sorry I used to listen to other bands

Haha, sorry.  My apologies.

One_Weak

Quote from: downtownpony on Jun 20, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure how old I am. My parents never told me. I look like I could be somewhere between 20 and 27. I spend 2-3 hours everyday looking in the mirror wondering who I really am, and where I'm from. My back is covered with scars, and my chest has a tattoo that kind of looks like a map. And I don't know where they came from.

you, my friend, are made out of pure Win
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

one weak

Balthazard

i am 22.. i got into them when i was 16 .. i saw the Bored video on tv once at 3 in the morning and i dunno its was like nothing i heard before and i got hooked  since then ..oh n then white pony blew my mind

Balthazard

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
Quote from: Korea Rounding on Jun 18, 2011, 12:45 PM
Did you go there with yer mom?

Normally there's an age limit at conserts when they serve beer

Could be, but I didn't have any problem. I've seen many 14 year old people in concerts and festivals here in Belgium.

Europe in general isnt as strict as the US in terms of concerts , clubs , bars etc  , i used to live in france ive been to many shows when i was 15 so not surprising

Korea Rounding

Quote from: Balthazard on Jun 22, 2011, 07:38 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
Did you go there with yer mom?

Normally there's an age limit at conserts when they serve beer

Could be, but I didn't have any problem. I've seen many 14 year old people in concerts and festivals here in Belgium.

Europe in general isnt as strict as the US in terms of concerts , clubs , bars etc  , i used to live in france ive been to many shows when i was 15 so not surprising

15 is not 12.

Bad example.

Vesanic

100Modem

21 here, but i got to them real late.

mono

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jun 21, 2011, 02:02 AM
I can never see ourselves quitting deftones, that's something to be proud of.

totally true! saludos

Balthazard

My point is if a 15 year old can get in i don`t see why a 13 year old couldn`t , its europe...

schlueter

I was in 5th grade, so like 9 or 10 - im now 24. Dad took me and sis to first concert, yes kiss - but deftones opened. AND WOW.

Such a funny ass show, glad there's a tape of it. Crowd had to sit their and take it.

And at min 7:30, Chino was right, my dad bought us adrenaline there and he still rocks it.

Deftones @ Rosemont Arena - KISS Headlining 10/96 Pt. 2