20% of $2000 is $400.

downtownpony

whoops. Still a lot less..

theis

Amy Winehouse is dead.

Can't say I'm surprised.

It was just a matter of time.

lukas989

Unsurprising sure, but a pity nonetheless.  Thought she'd managed to reign it in there a while back, but then that recent travesty at her most recent gig kinda hinted at a return to the scag.  All mores the pity that her most famous hit was a collaboration with that fuckwit Mark Ronson.  There is however a ready made clone - her goddaughter no less:

Dionne Bromfield - 'Foolin' (Live Session)

downtownpony

I was wondering the American flag at the courthouse was being flown at half mast.

rock_n_frost

i hope she r.i.p.
but im sure she s gonna try to get high in whereever she is
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Livewire

This puts her in the 27 club.  Strange

Nailec

Quote from: Livewire on Jul 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
This puts her in the 27 club.  Strange

talk about overestimation of capabilities

pissedandpierced

Amy's death is still being investigated but even the most reliable press sources are saying it's drug related which is what most people are thinking. As it has already been said, it was just a matter of time. I just feel for her family, it's not nice having to bury your child.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

There Will Be Blood

How weird I was just watching a video of her on youtube yesterday and I never ever listen to music of her.

blixa

amy winehouse's death is affecting me more than i thought it would.

theis

From www.wwtdd.com :

QuoteGood. Good riddance. I'm glad she's dead. If I were at the funeral I'd tip her coffin over and kick the corpse. First of all her music was annoying, but much more importantly she had every chance in the world to get clean, to get off drugs, to save herself. She chose not too. People begged her. She ignored them. This wasn't some poor girl with no options. She had every option. She had access to the best care in the world. This isn't someone who made a mistake or two or twenty. She was an addict and she thought it was cute. She bragged about it in her biggest hit. If she didn't give a shit about her life why should I? If I had a loved one with a drug problem I'd dig Amy up and tie her up on their doorstep like a Halloween decoration. Maybe it would scare them into getting clean. Or if nothing else I could just wait until Halloween to do it and kill two birds with one stone. My house would be the spookiest!

Harsh words, but I gotta say that I agree with him.

Well, not the "I'm glad she's dead" part, but mostly everything else.

sing blue silver

i hated her music, i hated her, she got what was coming to her. it was just a matter of time. only thing pissing me off is people lumping her into the bullshit "27 club". that whole thing is entirely stupid but putting this drug addled brat who hasn't made a huge impact (face it, she had one big album five years ago and like 1 or 2 big hits) into the same company as janis joplin, jim morrison, kurt cobain, and jimmy hendrix is just undeserved. those people revolutionized music, made a lasting impact and will always be missed. in 2 or 3 years people will care even less about amy winehouse than they did when she was alive. tortured genius who met an untimely end? i think not. i'd say spoiled brat who lasted longer than i thought she would.

bright lights, big city

I don't really wish anyone to just keel over and die. But we all knew this was coming. And as for wwtdd, I at least give that dude credit for not backing down, now that she really died. he's been hating her and saying that same shit about her for years.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

utter crap. the bigger star you are the more likely you will lose out to addiction, and amy had mental health issues on top of her addiction. her entire struggle was publicised 24/7. the fact is, there was no one around her who cared as much about her as they did about money. where was her manager and PR people when she was going on stage and embarrassing herself and doing interviews when she was completely off her face? who was protecting her? she clearly was in no condition to take care of herself. so far what i've heard is a defeatist attitude from everyone around her who have spoken out about her death. the quote where her mother said she had gotten used to her daughter being dead from a few years back is fucking tragic. on top of amy giving up on amy, everyone else gave up on her too. if my mum gave up on me i would sure as hell give up on myself.

whether you liked her music or not, she had an amazing voice. she was talented. this is beyond sad. i've been encountering a sentiment of 'glad that junkie's dead' a lot and i think people need to readdress how we view addicts in our society. we don't need this type of shock jock crap surfacing around someone who was clearly ill and sadly didn't have the strength to beat her addiction.

amy isn't a lonesome shark. many people have died in the same circumstance and will continue to die and we can't just spit on their corpse and say, 'they got what was coming to them'.

black coffee

Another shitty blog written by some moron. Thanks for posting. Not.

Tip her coffin and kick the corpse? He should actually try to do that. I'm sure there will be camera teams to broadcast how he gets beaten up by security, and then sued for trying such a stupid thing.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jul 25, 2011, 05:15 PM
the quote where her mother said she had gotten used to her daughter being dead from a few years back is fucking tragic. on top of amy giving up on amy, everyone else gave up on her too. if my mum gave up on me i would sure as hell give up on myself.
I heard this last night and couldn't believe it. who's mother gets quoted saying that it was only a matter of time until their daughter died?

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 25, 2011, 05:27 PM
Another shitty blog written by some moron. Thanks for posting. Not.

Tip her coffin and kick the corpse? He should actually try to do that. I'm sure there will be camera teams to broadcast how he gets beaten up by security, and then sued for trying such a stupid thing.
Hey man, wwtdd is fucking hilarious. If you think that's bad, go find some of the stuff he's written about Jennifer Aniston.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

poofing acid

Mazzy, how can you say no one tried to help her?  They told her to go to rehab.  She said, "no, no, no."

blixa

hahaha how long have you been sitting on that goldmine of a joke?

i was listening to the radio today and this australian reporter that interviewed amy was saying how her manager just walked amy (who was off her face) into the room and just left her there. the reporter never published the interview because she thought the whole thing was too sad. amy just looked completely sad. but she said that she then went and saw her live after an hour and she was amazing onstage.

but we don't know what she died of yet. police didn't find any drugs in her house.