Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nico's two artist of the week.

Started by Deftones-argentina, Jun 21, 2011, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

I don't really think I have a lot of music you guys haven't discovered yet, instead I want to focus on 2 independent artist who make creative & soulfelt music. Less is more, this 2 one-man proyects really deserve all the focus of my post.

Pontiac Nights

Formed by Keith in the Detroit Area, basically sick of the rap culture surrounded him he chased the idea of doing a mix between trip hop and alternative rock. I think I found his music while browsing the deftones facebook.Its discography Is a 3 song demo (which is rockier, think depeche mode meets deftones) and the second one more in the vein of trip hop (massive attack and nine inch nails and stuff). Totally ethereal climates & haunting but elegant obscurity.

Where to hear?: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pontiac-Nights/90757165833
Where to download? [I included both releases]: http://www.mediafire.com/?2qpzu193d20kl1s
Which songs to begin?: Aurora from the first demo & Le voyeur from the second
If I had to compare it to a deftones song it would be: Lucky you.

-----------------------

allinnia

I got into Travis music in a music recording forum. I remember posting my cover of death by plane, which he commented saying he loved it and that he was also a deftones & team sleep fan. A week or two later he puts a song called pillow, and was instantly hooked for life. Think of A perfect circle but centered on piano & electronics stuff (like Emotive, but funny to hear this time). despite his voice having some moments of imperfection, his lyrics over-compensate this situation. He has a broad discography (8 albums), and also do scoring & games music as a job.

Where to hear?: http://allinnia.com/creative-exploits/personal-releases
Where to download? : coming soon, I need to rip 'em from his page.
Where to begin: His song Pillow from the album Darkness & Anti-volition from Behind the shades (which reminds me a bit of Sextape)
If I had to compare it to a deftones song it would be: Anniversary of an uninteresting event.

By the way, I guess all of you know about The out_circuit, but if not don't hesitate to download Pierce the empire with a sound. My favourite record of 2007.

Deftones-argentina

wow, the post was even more of a faillure than I thought It would. Whatever, you miss it.

bright lights, big city

didn't care for Pontiac Nights. But I like what I'm hearing from that allinnia site. Aphotic Transmissions was really good.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deftones-argentina

I don't know if you're a fan of acoustic stuff, but his album Logos has really strong composition towards that vein.

bright lights, big city

just listened to some, and it is similar. nice and chill.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?