Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Blood, Sweat + Vinyl: DIY in the 21st Century

Started by theis, Aug 02, 2011, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

QuoteThe Punk rock ethos is alive and well and redefined by 3 artist-driven record labels: Hydrahead Records, Neurot Recordings, and Constellation. They all combine hard-to-define, heavy music with a visual aesthetic that has enraptured worldwide fans, without the need for radio or corporate media outlets. Spanning five years of documentation, this film features: Neurosis, Isis, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Thee Silver Mt. Zion, Pelican, Jesu, Cave In, Oxbow, Evangelista, and others. Additional footage presents interviews with the bands, label heads, and artists that create the album covers, posters, and visual aesthetic that fans value as much as the music itself. This film is both a dedication to these bands and an answer to those who question where the spirit of punk rock is today.

Trailer:
Blood, Sweat & Vinyl: DIY in the 21st Century (Trailer)

Quotewe are planning on making a limited double-DVD box set, with additional footage and cool schwag. More details on that in the coming weeks.

This looks so awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on the dvd.

bright lights, big city

Wow, that looks like it'll be worth a purchase!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

QuoteWow. Much sincere thanks to everybody for your genuine excitement and questions about Blood, Sweat + Vinyl: DIY in the 21st Century. We knew that a lot of people dig this music and would love to see what we've compiled, but the response has been overwhelming. We're thrilled with the thought of everybody being able to to see this, either through regional screenings or the eventual DVD release!

DVD production: Many people have asked about when this will be available on DVD. We're a small team putting all of this together. Between eating and sleeping (and sometimes during), we're working on the DVD box sets, and they will be available for pre-order within a few weeks. The box set will include the film, a second disc of over 2 hours of live footage, and select merch table items. We promise a jam-packed package of BSV goodness!

theis

Crazylegs

no way! I'm guessing it will be down very soon, so watch it while you can.

theis

Yeah I watched it earlier and it was great. Especially the parts about Hydra Head and Neurot.

I love hearing Aaron Turner talk.

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

Quote from: theis on Dec 14, 2011, 01:39 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Dec 14, 2011, 01:37 AM
gay

Wut?

Forget it. I really enjoyed this. Allthough some of the constellation artists came off as douches.

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on Dec 14, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote from: theis on Dec 14, 2011, 01:39 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Dec 14, 2011, 01:37 AM
gay

Wut?

Allthough some of the constellation artists came off as douches.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Also, Oxbow...what the fuck. Weird shit.

Vesanic

black coffee

The documentary is  interesting if you enjoy those labels or rather the bands on those labels... but if not, there is not much to find out except that everyone who is being interviewed only has good things to say about the bands they're being asked about.

So I think this documentary could have done better.
One of the best parts is when one guy from Do Make Say Think talks about Post-Rock and that they had no idea there was actually a scene until they did a US tour and every band that supported them on that tour played instrumental rock, too . That is some honesty that I appreciate.