Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Karma?

Started by Variable, Aug 03, 2011, 11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I think most people around here either remember when SL had this, or have been to a different board that has it.

But, just in case, its just a little button under your name that someone can click if you say something they either "like" or "dislike"

We used to have it, but it got taken away because everyone was just messing around and "smiting" everyone for fun. Which, I was largely a part of, and WILL probably continue to do if it comes back.
But bringing it back wouldn't be because we take it serious. It would just be a throw-back way to have fun.

What do you guys think? Lets take an official vote.

sing blue silver

i say give 'er. problems will most certainly arise but fun will most certainly be had.

Variable

I mean, its really only a good idea if everyone realizes that it's just for fun.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

emotivelotion

We promise to use it in the name of wisdom <Muahahahaha>

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Aug 03, 2011, 11:29 PM
I mean, its really only a good idea if everyone realizes that it's just for fun.

Exactly. I'm all for it. :)

Variable

I don't really have any authority at all do make this happen. I just figured if the votes went to yes, the mods could talk to Nuno or something.

lukas989

Crazylegs

I can see into the future, and i see Variable using the karma system to act a knob just so that he can have the most minus points. I really don't see the point. I also really don't care, so whatever. I vote nothings.

shine down unshy

Too many haters on this board.  I can already see it.  Basically everyone who uses the board the most these days would have like 100+ Karma, and people like me who hardly come around and talk shit would have like -100. 

It seems to me like you want it back because you'll have hundreds of Karma and for some apparent reason that makes your dick hard.  I vote Nay.

poofing acid

The people that vote no are the reason this board got extremely lame.  Quit being a bunch of bonenuckas.

shine down unshy

Why the fuck would you want it back?  Yeah, it got lame because people didn't want little Karma points pre-disposing them and making them out to be bad people.  You do remember how you could vote people you didn't like down, right?  What do you think that tells people?  That they're fucking social pariahs/lepers.  It's not cool being judged right out of the box.  I personally didn't experience that issue, but I do remember a bunch of decent people leaving solely because of that reason. 

Actually, who really gives a shit.  If you faggots really want some stupid point system back, go for it.  It might spice the board up and bring it back to life once again.  But I highly doubt that will be the end result.  The main reason people joined this board was because deftones were releasing albums, and now they won't be doing that for a while. 

sing blue silver

i want gold stars and banana stickers!

bIondie

Quote from: poofing acid on Aug 04, 2011, 03:21 AM
The people that vote no are the reason this board got extremely lame.

well, that's one reason why. another reason is i stopped posting.  :'(

hey, kids!

bebo

No, think about what youre asking for

bIondie

bIondie

this board needs more moderators. at least 18 more.

variable has my vote.

downtownpony

Can't wait to smite you fucks that voted no.

Variable

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 04, 2011, 12:14 AM
I can see into the future, and i see Variable using the karma system to act a knob just so that he can have the most minus points.

Quote from: shine down unshy on Aug 04, 2011, 03:12 AM
Too many haters on this board.  I can already see it.  Basically everyone who uses the board the most these days would have like 100+ Karma, and people like me who hardly come around and talk shit would have like -100. 

Wow, we have a complete dichotomy in opinions just one post down from each other. Did the two of you even read what anyone said above you? At all.  Let's see, let me quote myself here.

Quote from: Variable on Aug 03, 2011, 11:29 PM
AKA, its just a joke. More than likely, most of us would just smite our friends and ignore everyone else. I can't even imagine any smug bastard having a + count. That would surly be a sign of an outcast.
It's just something that a few of us were talking about today, about how funny it was for a while because people actually took it seriously and said shit like
Quote from: shine down unshy on Aug 04, 2011, 03:29 AM
Why the fuck would you want it back?  Yeah, it got lame because people didn't want little Karma points pre-disposing them and making them out to be bad people.  You do remember how you could vote people you didn't like down, right?  What do you think that tells people?  That they're fucking social pariahs/lepers. 

We just got all nostalgic about how funny it was that people took it serious, and we were like "hey, we should bring that back, it would be funny" THATS ALL. Nobody has any grand schemes to smite people off the board or brag about negative points (fuck you btw, for calling me out like that. I thought we were cool)

But I forgot that this board still has a healthy population of fun police. Right, lets just not have any fun and hope the board magically revives itself.

Variable

Quote from: bIondie on Aug 04, 2011, 04:33 AM
Quote from: poofing acid on Aug 04, 2011, 03:21 AM
The people that vote no are the reason this board got extremely lame.

well, that's one reason why. another reason is i stopped posting.  :'(

hey, kids!
Good point, and welcome back my friend. You fucking lurker.
Quote from: bIondie on Aug 04, 2011, 04:44 AM
this board needs more moderators. at least 18 more.

variable has my vote.
good point. That can be the next poll. Can you use all 18 of your votes for me?