Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Karma?

Started by Variable, Aug 03, 2011, 11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

Quote from: Variable on Aug 04, 2011, 08:12 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 04, 2011, 12:14 AM
I can see into the future, and i see Variable using the karma system to act a knob just so that he can have the most minus points.

Quote from: shine down unshy on Aug 04, 2011, 03:12 AM
Too many haters on this board.  I can already see it.  Basically everyone who uses the board the most these days would have like 100+ Karma, and people like me who hardly come around and talk shit would have like -100. 

Wow, we have a complete dichotomy in opinions just one post down from each other. Did the two of you even read what anyone said above you? At all.  Let's see, let me quote myself here.

Quote from: Variable on Aug 03, 2011, 11:29 PM
I mean, its really only a good idea if everyone realizes that it's just for fun.
AKA, its just a joke. More than likely, most of us would just smite our friends and ignore everyone else. I can't even imagine any smug bastard having a + count. That would surly be a sign of an outcast.
It's just something that a few of us were talking about today, about how funny it was for a while because people actually took it seriously and said shit like
Quote from: shine down unshy on Aug 04, 2011, 03:29 AM
Why the fuck would you want it back?  Yeah, it got lame because people didn't want little Karma points pre-disposing them and making them out to be bad people.  You do remember how you could vote people you didn't like down, right?  What do you think that tells people?  That they're fucking social pariahs/lepers. 

We just got all nostalgic about how funny it was that people took it serious, and we were like "hey, we should bring that back, it would be funny" THATS ALL. Nobody has any grand schemes to smite people off the board or brag about negative points (fuck you btw, for calling me out like that. I thought we were cool)

But I forgot that this board still has a healthy population of fun police. Right, lets just not have any fun and hope the board magically revives itself.

Relax.  Just because we disagree on something doesn't mean we're not cool.  I still respect you, douche. 

I just really don't think it's a GREAT idea...it wasn't a good idea back then which is probably why it's no longer part of the board, either that or that one upgrade got rid of it.

We don't need a Karma point system to keep the board fresh...there's plenty of people here posting different topics, even when nothing is going on in the deftones world...there's plenty to talk about.  I'm starting to post more often these days solely because I sense an awakening in the board as of late.

Variable

I wasn't talking to you with that exact comment.

I just think that you missed the point of why we wanted to bring it back. I got nothing against you.

shine down unshy

Eh, I was just too lazy to dissect all those quotes so I quoted it all.

I get it.  Apologies...I don't mean to shit on your nostalgia.  I just had to get my opinion in there.

Crazylegs

Quote from: Variable on Aug 04, 2011, 08:12 AM
Nobody has any grand schemes to smite people off the board or brag about negative points (fuck you btw, for calling me out like that. I thought we were cool)

I guess this was meant for me then. I can't tell wether you're being serious or not. I'm sorry if that little comment hurt your feelings. But go right ahead, like i said, i'm not voting no, i don't give a shit either way.

bebo

bebo

Variable

^ lol, see, thats the exact reason I want it back.

Vesanic

Talked to Nuno, he's not putting it back.

Variable

did you tell him that we got 19 people to vote on something in less than 24 hours? Thats pretty good for SL.

emotivelotion

Quote from: downtownpony on Aug 04, 2011, 07:53 AM
Can't wait to smite you fucks that voted no.

JAJA

Vesanic

Quote from: Variable on Aug 05, 2011, 12:43 AM
did you tell him that we got 19 people to vote on something in less than 24 hours? Thats pretty good for SL.

I did tell him that quite a lot of people wanted it back, but he doesn't trust the karma thing anymore, which means he doesn't trust us. I can't blame him hahaha