Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

London riots

Started by tarkil, Aug 09, 2011, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

The worse thing is that most of the rioters are under 21 and have no excuse to say it's because their getting a bad deal. They should have studied harder at school instead of gang banging and all that ho shit. I feel sick and angry when I watch the news, its a fucking joke. One skank said that she was doing it to get her taxes back, the fucking slag probably doesn't even work.
It's one thing to burn and loot national companies but when it's an independent shop or some ones car or home it's fucking sick. Those people are their neighbours. They haven't even thought that setting fire to a shop will also destroy the home of the person living in the flat upstairs or even kill them.
I know of people that haven't even been to sleep because they have no idea if their gonna see the morning.

Their just fucking chav scum with no real reason to do this.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

lostpilot

Quote from: Starz on Aug 09, 2011, 07:50 PM
Quote from: downtownpony on Aug 09, 2011, 07:00 PM
Hopefully if there is a riot here in the US it'll be about something a little more important.

It's easy to dismiss the rioters as "scum with nothing better to do" but there are much deeper problems here. These kids rioting don't see themselves having a future at all. They have been failed by society as a whole, they've been failed by the government cutting arts funding and closing youth centres, unemployment is rife to the point where even the ones desperately trying to seek work simply can't find it, and the boiling point to all this (Mark Duggan events) is a situation that is VERY REAL.

We live in pretty desperate times as a whole, and the inner city youth are at the bottom of the barrel. So whilst this behaviour IS disgusting, try and have some compassion and relate to fellow human beings who literally feel hopeless and don't see a way out. When you think about, the right emotion to feel in some of the cases is just sadness and pity - kids robbing a flat screen TV when they see an opportunity to... because they know they'll never be able to afford it. Is a kid robbing some trainers that different to a corrupt politician fiddling the expenses accounts, or corrupt policemen and journalists taking bribes (as we've seen in the phone-hacking scandals?). So what kind of example are those people setting?

This is very human of you and I appreciate it a lot. We have problems in my country too - based on the same social structure without jobs, with alcoholism and complete degradation of values. People are desperate.. I am very very worried that this all will only go worse all over the world

nineteen

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 10, 2011, 07:05 AM
ain't got nuttin' on LA, '92.

Probably not but it isn't a Battle of the biggest riot! haha

spitfire

poofing acid

Internet piracy caused all this.

tarkil

That, and violent video games of course.... And death metal while we're at it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

from_musings

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 11, 2011, 06:35 PM
And death metal while we're at it...

this. if those kids would've listen to emotional gay metal like deftones none of this would've happen

bright lights, big city

I'm pretty sure turning off social media during a riot will just piss more people off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14493497
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Nailec

Britain is a riot

he gets it right again.

there should be no such thing as sympathy or solidarity for those who fight against freedom. its a decision each of them makes whether to behave like a civilized person or a criminal. those people arent living in syria, lybia, jemen, iran, egypt or tunesia.

BillyNo.9

Never seen any of his other videos but I totally agree with the man on this.

deftones86

this kind of stuff will probably keep happening. people will start to relize their numbers. there's only 1 cop per 1000 citizens in the U.S. and theres a whole lot of guns. England has 6 guns per 100 citizens. the U.S. has 88 guns per 100.

Variable

I have a gun.............just sayin.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 15, 2011, 10:35 AM
Quote from: deftones86 on Aug 13, 2011, 03:37 PM
the U.S. has 88 guns per 100.

What!?
What helps that stat are the people like my best friend's dad, who have a closet full of awesomeness.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftones86

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 15, 2011, 04:57 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 15, 2011, 10:35 AM
Quote from: deftones86 on Aug 13, 2011, 03:37 PM
the U.S. has 88 guns per 100.

What!?
What helps that stat are the people like my best friend's dad, who have a closet full of awesomeness.

yeah this is true. My dad had over 50 handguns and 30 rifles at one time.
Quote from: tarkil on Aug 24, 2011, 12:12 PM

And this is very true