Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Drive (2011)

Started by theis, Aug 18, 2011, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

QuoteA Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong.
Drive: Official Red Band Trailer

Cast:

Ryan Gosling
Bryan Cranston (!!!)
Ron Perlman
Albert Brooks
Carey Mulligan
Christina Hendricks

Director: Nicolas Winding Refn (Pusher trilogy, Bronson, Valhalla Rising, Bleeder)

So yeah, this looks fucking awesome.

tarkil

Looks really good yes !! When is it out, do you know ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

damn looks like Baby Goose kicks some major ass. And anything featuring Christina Hendricks, Cranston, and Perlman, and I'm in. Plus the trailer has old-timey music playing over awesome action- that's how you capture my heart.

It's out in the States on Sept 16.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

Soon then.... Nice !

Inkblades

One of the best films of the year so far.

defskull

I really want to see this. Waiting to see it with the girlfriend.

tarkil

Shit, it's out already ? Hong Kong is so slow to get movies, as usual....

theis

Seeing this tonight!

bright lights, big city

One of my favorite movies this year, actually. Great acting performances all around, and awesome soundtrack too.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Just watched this. Fucking fantastic.

bright lights, big city

Speaking of the music, my friend said that Badalamenti was in the credits for music. I see no evidence of this anywhere online.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
Speaking of the music, my friend said that Badalamenti was in the credits for music. I see no evidence of this anywhere online.

Yeah, I downloaded the leaked dvd screener and it said "music by Angelo Badalamenti" in the beginning credits. I looked it up afterwards but couldn't find any info. Very weird.

Some of the music was very Badalamenti'ish.

bright lights, big city

I've really been into that "chillwave" movement lately, so yeah everything about the movie (80s-ish vibe) was right up my alley.
DERP

Inkblades

The DVD screener is an early cut of the movie. The final score was done by Cliff Martinez (save for the songs with vocals and the song used for the first scene of the movie) and isn't on the screener. That screener uses music from Brian Eno and The Social Network soundtrack.

from_musings

ryan gosling in drive, dancing couple of years ago

Ryan Gosling Dance (Official Video)

Corleone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 27, 2011, 12:55 AM
I've really been into that "chillwave" movement lately, so yeah everything about the movie (80s-ish vibe) was right up my alley.

I didn't like it much because I watched it with my parents, I could see it being very good though, maybe if I was high or something. It just felt really slow.

from_musings

Quote from: Corleone on Jun 30, 2012, 01:38 AM
It just felt really slow.

the slow pace is very conscious and is suppose to be hypnotizing and mesmerizing (which it is for me). this film felt like a short film first time i saw it because the time went by so fast, got sucked into it

lostpilot

The movie could have been really great but it really lacked on your-so-called "mesmerizing" qualities and attention-line if I maye call it.

I wish I liked it. But it just did not work on me :-)

Corleone

There was no story really... and no talking, it was like one big music video for college try. I want to watch it again though.

chick de la lynch

I remember when I first watched this movie I was expecting it to have more action. The fact that it was very noir caught me off guard, but in a very good way which lead me to falling in love this movie. It's not for everyone, I can say that.