Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New/upcoming albums for end of 2011/2012

Started by pinkmaggit, Sep 02, 2011, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkmaggit

Have you bought/downloaded any good albums that have just been released?
What new albums are you 'highly anticipating' for release at the end of this year or in 2012?

I'm looking forward to the new Chevelle album - supposed to be out this month (sept) but looks like it may be delayed slightly.
Also looking forward to the new Soundgarden album - The band hasn't given too many details - it was looking like it would be out this year but now Chris and Kim have stated it will most likely be released in 2012.
They've said they won't be making another grunge or metal album, instead it will carry on from where 'Down on the Upside' left off.
That's a big pity - I was hoping for something in the vein of 'Badmotorfinger' or 'Superunknown' but that doesn't seem to be the case.
'Down on the Upside' is still a good album but not great like the previous 2 I just mentioned.
The 'Superunknown' era sound to me is just what Soundgarden is about and can't be beaten.
I was hoping for some heavy songs on the next album - the song 'Black Rain' that they just released is such an awesome song!!!
I know it was originally penned during the 'Badmotorfinger' session, it was only finished now, being recorded from scratch with new vocals from Chris.
His voice is amazing in this and shows you what he's still capable of - it shouldn't be wasted.

bright lights, big city

Bjork, Blink 182, Wolves in the Throne Room, Mastodon, Textures, Russian Circles, Tom Waits, Animals As Leaders all have new albums in the next 2 months.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Starz

I can't remember a better year for music than 2011. Seriously, we have been spoilt for music this year and there is still loads of new releases coming up.

snw9

Lacuna Coil- Dark Adrenaline, Will Haven- Voir Dire
Code: [Select]

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Megadeth
Lamb Of God

The only ones left on my list.

defskull

Quote from: Starz on Sep 05, 2011, 11:16 PM
I can't remember a better year for music than 2011. Seriously, we have been spoilt for music this year and there is still loads of new releases coming up.

Like what? I have no idea what has come out this year. I'd love to hear some new music to check out.

nicklav

pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!