Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What the original White Pony cover was inspired by? (Hum)

Started by DeemSleep, Sep 25, 2011, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hukne

Also Sextape uses the same chords as Why I Like The Robins by Hum, only difference is tuning (Drop C vs Drop D)
While we're at it:
Knife Party - Little Dipper (obvious)
Minerva and Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away) - Stars (they use that epic chord in Stars but in different tunings)
Anything else?

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 04, 2011, 10:25 AM
they call it white pony as a drug reference, but insted of having a white pony on the cover, they chose a fucking horse because it looks more elegant.wrongly mixing shit til it makes no sense. that always irritated me. for me it's like - if you think "white pony" shounds fucking cool as a title, then sorry you have to have a white pony on it too or no animal at all. this is the true cover

This is Chino on the name of White Pony -

"In a way. There's a lot of different references for White Pony. One of them is a cocaine reference and there's a lot of stuff...have you ever heard stuff like in dream books that if you dream about a white pony then you're having a sexual dream? There's a lot stuff that kinda goes around it. And there's an old song [that goes] "ride the white horse." That's obviously a drug reference song. I just kinda dug it."

Sex and Drugs... I like it  ;D

And by the way, that picture is fucking hilarious.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem