Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

groovy radical and tubular

Started by theory, Oct 04, 2011, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theory

Hey fellow deftones fans and friends alike. I'm a music loving girl hailing from rural New England (yay for me.... ....). In University for a degree I've not yet decided on. For fun I play the guitar, write songs, listen to music, go to concerts, watch music videos on youtube, read guitar magazines, read music biographies and online album reviews...oh, and non-music related activities: art/doodles/'don't want to do my homework sketches', reading almost anything, martial arts (TKD), dabble in poetry (it's not emo...don't worry), inform myself on current events and become depressed about them later, watch quirky movies (especially if they involve zombies)...etc... I'm an activist of sorts (ie. I have opinions about everything)...haha

Let's see...I fell in love with the Deftones in my early teens, and never looked back...I think the first song I ever heard was 'Teenager', so I had a friend burn a mixed cd of their stuff and went out and bought all their albums after it got scratched to death.  Do I have a favorite album or song? well it varies all the time...depending on my mood.

My other music tastes center around the metal and hardcore genre mostly...I'm pretty open, so I'll also listen to folk, reggae, progressive, grunge, punk, the occasional hip hop, experimental, the blues, 80s metal (I know I'm going to hell....)...I could be here forever...

Here are my current favorite bands (again, they change often): Deftones, Cancer Bats, In Flames, Opeth, Mastodon, the Mars Volta, Radiohead, the Devil Wears Prada, tDEP,  ...hmm, there's more too, I'm sure.

So I joined this forum to meet fellow fans, share some laughs, find new music, talk about stuff and junk and have a venue to share my passion for this amazing band.

tarkil

Wow, best intro ever, welcome...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theory

Vesanic

Welcome, enjoy your time here.

raynor

wow, feels like I'm on a date here

There Will Be Blood