Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chevelle

Started by lostpilot, Apr 22, 2006, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

Chevelle celebrates their 10th Anniversary back where it all began, at the Metro in Chicago.

davetonez

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
Are you sure it was Hover?   I had "Drop to Zero" that said Deftones, Tool and Glassjaw    it was Trust Company...   great band btw.

I found the same "Drop to Zero" file years ago, they've got a new album out really soon  :)

Chevelle are great too. I saw 'em live with the Butterfly Effect years ago. Not many people were there for Chevelle, but damn did they play a good show.

pinkmaggit

I love Chevelle!!!!!!! Great band!!!!
I'll admit - they're not the most original, groundbreaking, technically gifted band, diverse band around but I love the way you can just put in any Chevelle album and know that you're going to get your fix of their trademark catchy riffs, aggression,energy and great vocals.It's great music to get pumped up to.
Plus after Chino, Pete has the best scream going.
Trying to think of which song it is, but I think it's one off 'Wonder What's Next' - his scream matches Chino's at the end of 'Royal' in terms of duration (about 10 seconds) and intensity.
Now that's impressive!
It's very hard for me to choose a favourite Chevelle album - at the moment it's probably between 'Wonder What's Next' and 'Vena Sera'
'Sci-Fi Crimes' was a great album - the only thing I missed from previous albums was no screaming.
I'm looking forward to the next album due out some time this year. All I've heard so far is that it will either be a fully accoustic album or one that harks back to the heavier sounds of 'Wonder What's Next'.
I would love it if they did the latter and then followed it up with an album of the same songs, just accoustic.
Now that would be cool!!!!!!!!  8)

Funny how a lot of people have commented that Pete sounds a lot like Maynard.
I'm guilty of the same thought when I first discovered this band but the other day I was listening to some Tool,APC and Chevelle songs back to back and have realised that they are actually very different - funny how we always see so many similarities at first.
I had the same things with Deftones - the first Tones song I heard was ' My Own Summer' and I thought Chino sounded a lot like Billy Corgan (whose voice I actually liked up until '95, after which I don't know what he did but it became painful to listen to). Obviously upon further listenings I noticed that there was obviously a slight influence but many differences.
The more I've listened to Deftones, the more I've appreciated the uniqueness of Chino's vocals.

lostpilot

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 22, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hey, what do you think about this band?
I really like the whole 'This type of thinking could do us in'. Great band, isn`t it?
Also, awesome live.  ::)

music taste can change drastically in five years, I suppose.
I have not listened for them for quite a while, plus I am unable to listen to this kind of music anymore.
No nostalgia even.. lol.

black coffee

The funniest part is that you said they'd be great live, telling from videos ^_^

I know how you feel pinkmaggit. Loved their first two albums, but from then on it went downhill for me.  But I could say the same for anything that was released by the Deftones after White Pony. Taste in music changed a lot over the years, and I'm proud of anything that I listened to in the past. Chevelle meant a lot to me around 2003. Now I probably wouldn't even go to their concert if they came to Europe. Time flies.

pinkmaggit

Their new album is out in December - it's called 'Hats of to the Bull'
The first single is 'Face to the Floor'
Not the best Chevelle song I've heard, it's got a cool riff but it's very simple.
Definitely a long way off from being one of their best singles though, I hope the rest of the album is stronger.
What do you think of it?

Face To the Floor - Chevelle - Lyric Video

Northcal

This type of thinking could do us in or wonder whats next ? :-\

iceache

Northcal

snw9

Quote from: davetonez on Feb 19, 2011, 04:31 AM
Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
Are you sure it was Hover?   I had "Drop to Zero" that said Deftones, Tool and Glassjaw    it was Trust Company...   great band btw.

I found the same "Drop to Zero" file years ago, they've got a new album out really soon  :)

Chevelle are great too. I saw 'em live with the Butterfly Effect years ago. Not many people were there for Chevelle, but damn did they play a good show.

Hover and Drop to Zero were written by "Trust Company." Originally they were known as "41 down."
Code: [Select]

pinkmaggit

The new album 'Hats off to the Bull' will be out on Tuesday 6th Dec 2011.
It's being streamed on : http://loudwire.com/chevelle-hats-off-to-the-bull-exclusive-full-album-stream/
I like it a lot, especially 'Ruse' and 'Hats off to the Bull'.
What do you think?

black coffee

Ni fu ni fa... really not sure why every time they release an album I listen to it with high hopes, and end up being disappointed.
It has a few songs which are good, but most of  are downright boring and mediocre! Definitely won't make that mistake again with their next album, and this is coming by someone who loved both Point #1 and Wonder What's Next.

Northcal

I'm lovin The new album

ChannelZer0

Anyone have any b-sides? I think they have 3.
Sorrow

illthrowROCKS@U

Fell off?  Sci-Fi Crimes was one of their best albums!  Didn't have a lot of their best songs (Emotional Drought = best ever) but as an entinre ALBUM it definitely rocked it.  Deftones, Marilyn Manson, Mindless Self Indulgence, Chevelle, and Incubus.  That's all I need in this world.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pinkmaggit

Anyone know how many copies 'Hats off to the Bull' has sold so far.
It's debuted at no. 20 on Billboard so I'm guessing about 40k