Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

American Horror Story

Started by theis, Oct 24, 2011, 01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

O psyched about next season. Love the finale!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

black coffee

Obviously the Season Finale leaves you kinda clueless, but that is what I enjoyed throughout the entire Season, that they hardly ever lived up to viewers expectations.

I felt like American Horror Story was at its best when it was about Tate and Violet and their relationship, so they have to be included in Season 2.
Great acting by them. I mean, how sad is that moment -

"Goodbye, Tate"

sing blue silver

season 2 will be all new characters and a new location so don't expect to see any more of violet and tate in the future. they're trying to get some of the original cast back but they'll be playing entirely new characters. season 1 is it's own entity, it's wrapped up and done and next season is something completely new and different.

Quote from series creator Ryan Murphy

"We too loved those characters and will mourn them and miss them. But the aspects of the show that people love, including the mystery and love story, will be there, albeit with new actors and characters. But you know, this has always been the plan from day one. We just weren't interested in doing another season with those people trapped in the house...I've always wanted to do a kind of Mercury Theater approach, with a (rotating cast) and each year do kind of like a little novella."

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
season 2 will be all new characters and a new location so don't expect to see any more of violet and tate in the future. they're trying to get some of the original cast back but they'll be playing entirely new characters. season 1 is it's own entity, it's wrapped up and done and next season is something completely new and different.

Quote from series creator Ryan Murphy

"We too loved those characters and will mourn them and miss them. But the aspects of the show that people love, including the mystery and love story, will be there, albeit with new actors and characters. But you know, this has always been the plan from day one. We just weren't interested in doing another season with those people trapped in the house...I've always wanted to do a kind of Mercury Theater approach, with a (rotating cast) and each year do kind of like a little novella."

Love this idea. Reminds me of Deftones in a way. Every new album has the same writers (band) with different actors (songs) and a different story (album feel).
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

black coffee

Jessica Lange really found the perfect character for her acting skills, and she was so good in the last season already..

Though I should have waited another week to watch 2 episodes back to back, watching it left me craving for more real badly.

bright lights, big city

Was not expecting the supernatural twist in that first episode. Also surprising was the addition of James Cromwell to the cast. Great actor and definitely looking forward to seeing where his experiments go.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

I'm not diggin this season soo far. Still glad they brought back Evan Peters,he's great.

bright lights, big city

I think I might actually be enjoying this season better than the first. Love the 60s atmosphere, the asylum setting, the random split second alien sighting in the last episode, the Satan storyline. Better cast all around too (aka I have an enormous crush on the french girl).
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 03, 2012, 01:10 AM
(aka I have an enormous crush on the french girl).

Fuck. Yes!

She's stunning.

illthrowROCKS@U

Not really feelin this Season like I was last season, but then I'm also doing something else usually while I watch now and not giving it my full attention =(
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

theis

I think this season is much, MUCH better than season 1.

bright lights, big city

Ian McShane FTW

And I really love how they are slowly giving us the alien stuff without revealing much. Very creepy this season.
DERP

black coffee

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Dec 07, 2012, 01:02 AM
Not really feelin this Season like I was last season, but then I'm also doing something else usually while I watch now and not giving it my full attention =(

Are you bored from it or what is the reason you're doing other things while watching?

For me its pretty much the other way round, when I get a short message on my cellphone and forget to pause right away, I wind back every single second so I don't miss anything.

After the first two or three episodes of season two I thought I would prefer the first season by far, but I know I'll like them equally eventually. This series in general is just too good, I love the cast and the way of telling a story.

Only thing in season two I was a little disappointed with was the two episodes with Anne Frank, I was hoping for something else, maybe the ghost of Anne Frank during her years in their hideout in Amsterdam or deadly sick and without hope in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.
Maybe they were afraid of pissing off the Jewish community, I don't know.