Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on " Poor Kids Radio " ?

Started by Vesanic, Oct 30, 2011, 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

So yeah, apparently Chino was on that show yesterday, but I can't find anything on the website or whatever...

Anyone watched/heard it ?

http://www.breal.tv

ponyx

I did, it was pretty much just him and some guy drinking/smoking talking about random things. He said no Eros, Crosses is coming out with a full length album after some EP's, and might get back to doing some Team Sleep cause they have a lot of things done for it already. I enjoyed watching it.

EDIT* Oh yeah I forgot, he said they're gonna start writing at the end of November.

sing blue silver

really hope someone ripped this or there's somewhere to watch it. did he say no eros as in no eros ever? i just want to hear a solid no so i can give up hope of it ever coming out. i've already said for a long time it's never going to be released but it'd just be nice to put that tiny bit of hope to rest. also a full length crosses would be cool. hopefully none of the ep stuff gets recycled for it.

ponyx

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 30, 2011, 08:26 PM
really hope someone ripped this or there's somewhere to watch it. did he say no eros as in no eros ever? i just want to hear a solid no so i can give up hope of it ever coming out. i've already said for a long time it's never going to be released but it'd just be nice to put that tiny bit of hope to rest. also a full length crosses would be cool. hopefully none of the ep stuff gets recycled for it.
Well there was a question that read "Eros?" and he just said "No Eros" and got interrupted by that other guy.

Vesanic

E-Money

Fuck Eros.  Time to get working on some Team Sleep. 

pinkmaggit

Quote from: ponyx on Oct 30, 2011, 08:17 PM
He said no Eros

Please NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really hoped Chino meant just for the time being - and not NEVER!
It would be such a shame.
Obviously I really hope with all my heart that Chi gets well enough to return and that then they'll release and tour Eros.
I want to remain positive about Chi but I think that if the time ever comes (and I hope it doesn't) when it looks like Chi will definitely not be rejoining the band - even if he makes a full recovery, he may not want to return, for all we know, - I think the band should release Eros, even if it's only available for download, but I don't think it should go to waste.
It was Chi's last recordings so I think it has a special place in the hearts of Deftones fans.
Chi would surely want his fans to hear it.
Perhaps, taking all of the terrible occurrences out of the equation, that they feel it's a terrible album and that they may have scrapped it even if Chi's accident never happened.
Then release it as a download but I think good or bad the fans would just like to hear it.
When I first heard Melanie live I was so excited, I really love that song and couldn't wait to buy the album and listen to it in it's 'studio' form.
I didn't think I'd still be waiting after 3 years and that now, perhaps all the waiting and hoping was just in vain :(
Surely it would help Chi to release the record.
He could earn some royalties and perhaps a portion of the sales can go to his medical bills?
I know I'd buy about 5 copies of the album!!
Still the Crosses news is great news, I still can't believe the quality of the first E.P.
It's great when a side project doesn't actually sound like a side project.
Team Sleep perhaps doing an album is also good news although to be honest I didn't think that their debut was a brilliant album on the same level as Deftones.
It started off well with 'Ataraxia' and 'Ever (Foreign Flag)' but got a bit boring at times.
I thought that they left some of their best songs - 'Iceache' ,Kool-Aid Party' ,'Mercedes' etc off of the album - it could have been brilliant!
Of course if we can't have Eros any time soon or hopefully NOT ever, then the big news I really want to hear is a new Deftones album in the works!
Come on Chino, if you won't release Eros, please at least release 'Melanie', even if it's as a bonus track on the next album, I'm tired of only being able to listen/watch it from someones cellphone recording on Youtube :(  
:(

pinkmaggit

Quote from: E-Money on Oct 30, 2011, 10:05 PM
Fuck Eros.  Time to get working on some Team Sleep. 

WHAT??!!!
??? ??? ???
That's crazy talk!!!!

E-Money

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Oct 30, 2011, 10:17 PM
Fuck Eros.  Time to get working on some Team Sleep.  

WHAT??!!!
??? ??? ???
That's crazy talk!!!!

I guess that was a little harsh.  I would surely like to hear Chi's last material but I have a feeling Eros isn't anything mindblowing.  I'd much rather hear some new TS over some new Tones.  

BillyNo.9

Quote from: E-Money on Oct 30, 2011, 10:26 PM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Oct 30, 2011, 10:17 PM
Fuck Eros.  Time to get working on some Team Sleep.  

WHAT??!!!
??? ??? ???
That's crazy talk!!!!

I guess that was a little harsh.  I would surely like to hear Chi's last material but I have a feeling Eros isn't anything mindblowing.  I'd much rather hear some new TS over some new Tones.  

It wouldn't be "New" though, in the sense that it wouldn't sound as boring as DE, it'd be closer to SNW which is closer to Team Sleep

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 30, 2011, 10:36 PM
It wouldn't be "New" though, in the sense that it wouldn't sound as boring as DE, it'd be closer to SNW which is closer to Team Sleep

eros is the album between snw and d.e.. what is it that says it leans more towards snw than d.e? sergio said that d.e doesn't differ much from eros. if you listen to the eros riffs from the studio,that material do sound much more brutal than any of those records though

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 30, 2011, 10:55 PM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 30, 2011, 10:36 PM

eros is the album between snw and d.e.. what is it that says it leans more towards snw than d.e? sergio said that d.e doesn't differ much from eros. if you listen to the eros riffs from the studio,that material do sound much more brutal than any of those records though

Just listening to the studio snippets and Mealine you can hear it's nothing like DE. For a start I doubt it'd have the same sound quality as DE too.
It's more likely to lean more toward SNW because DE was made under special circumstances. I thought that'd be obvious.

from_musings

are you calling sergio a liar? how dare you? the eros snippets doesn't sound like snw either, maybe it doesn't sound like any of the records aside from one song.melanie does sound like rats though, but those songs doesn't sound like team sleep

BillyNo.9

SNW Sounds more like Team Sleep than any other of their records.

from_musings

just because melanie is similair to rats doesn't mean they made an entire record sounding like snw. after all that record wasn't exactly a hit. what eros snippet reminds you of snw? that intro sounds more like d.e's beauty school

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 30, 2011, 11:09 PM
DE was made under special circumstances. I thought that'd be obvious.

yes they were under pressure. there's this theory that they used a lot of stuff from eros and polished it up with nick because there was no time. maybe that was what sergio heard. and maybe that's why deftones want to keep eros in the dark

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 30, 2011, 11:25 PM
just because melanie is similair to rats doesn't mean they made an entire record sounding like snw. after all that record wasn't exactly a hit. what eros snippet reminds you of snw? that intro sounds more like d.e's beauty school

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 30, 2011, 11:09 PM
DE was made under special circumstances. I thought that'd be obvious.

yes they were under pressure. there's this theory that they used a lot of stuff from eros and polished it up with nick because there was no time. maybe that was what sergio heard. and maybe that's why deftones want to keep eros in the dark

For a start it sounds nothing like Rats, more like Rapture or something. And the General ambient vibe of the snippets sound more like tracks of SNW.
By theory do you mean CONSPIRACY?!

from_musings

nothing like rats you say? damn that's a new one. what about those who call it rats II are you calling them liars? how dare you?
yes.. a little conspiracy r  :D i'm not saying it doesn't sound like snw because i haven't heard it just speculating and listening to others opinions. why do you think sergio says eros sounds a lot like eros? any "conspiracys" of your own?

BillyNo.9

He's probably just saying that so fans stop speculating so much and listen to DE more to satisfy their Eros needs. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but you're contradicting yourself when you insist that Melanie sounds like Rats, so you agree that from what very little we have to compare, Eros would lean closer to SNW. Now please shut up as you're totally derailing this topic.

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Oct 30, 2011, 11:42 PM
He's probably just saying that so fans stop speculating so much and listen to DE

that's a good point. "don't focus on deftones without me, focus on deftones with me!"