Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on " Poor Kids Radio " ?

Started by Vesanic, Oct 30, 2011, 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xToxin

Record labels that's what is bullshit. Telling people how to sound and shit, closed minded fucks. Deftones shouldn't be made to sound a certain way that's what makes them special.

sing blue silver

When Chino and the label butt heads it means that the band has something really good. When I hear WMG hates something they did I think "I can't wait to hear that shit!"

scatterbrain

By this time in there carrer,I wish they would just buy all there masters and start releasing stuff on there own.a deftones record label,why not?I think it would be smart,shit they could put out crosses,sol invicto,team sleep,why not?shit would sell for sure.
im me and thats all ill ever be

Electron§

Well I think at the time Chino may have been a little too tired and overwhelmed with getting his shit together, he almost sounds a little sensitive right there. Notice how in the past when the record label would tell him to do something, he would basically be like "fuck that shit", but then in the interview its like hes admitting defeat to them by implying SNW was a failure, and if they thought Eros sucked, it was going down the same path.... I think he was just sick of being so resistant because what do you think was causing a majority of his problems?

But the irony of it, is that the two redheaded step child albums (S/T and SNW) were (and still are) pretty much worshipped by a large sum of people after the initial bad reactions wore off (more S/T than SNW though). And what the band and critics seem to think is *return to form* (Diamond Eyes), isn't very well received anymore, when in the beginning everyone loved it. Ah... Chino is just as confused as we are.... 

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 08, 2012, 12:22 PM
When Chino and the label butt heads it means that the band has something really good. When I hear WMG hates something they did I think "I can't wait to hear that shit!"

THIS!

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes