Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mogwai appreciation thread

Started by ben, Nov 03, 2011, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

This band is obviously well-loved by so many people, but now that fall is settling in and winter is coming...it's Mogwai's season.  What is your favorite album?

Mine is Happy Songs for Happy People, because it's the first album I heard by them.  I remember driving in snowy 2003 nights with this music on full blast. 

theis

Weird that you just made this thread. I've only heard Mr. beast, so I decided to get a hold of their discography today.

Which album has the heaviest/darkest feel to it?

lostpilot

WE ONLY HAVE THIS THREAD NOW?

ben

Quote from: theis on Nov 04, 2011, 12:30 AM
Weird that you just made this thread. I've only heard Mr. beast, so I decided to get a hold of their discography today.

Which album has the heaviest/darkest feel to it?

it's always smart to listen to Young Team.

theis

bright lights, big city

Young Team is probably my favorite.

Thanks for the reminder about connecting them to winter. Post-rock in general probably gets the most airtime in my car during the next few months.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

I don't know, I can't really say  that Young Team is their best.

Somehow I am leaning towards mixture of various songs from Mr. Beast, Happy Songs for Happy People, Hardcore..

THE BEST SONGS MOGWAI HAVE EVER DONE:
Cody, Hunted by a Freak, Kids Will Be Skeletons, Boring Machines Disturb Sleep, Mogwai Feat Satan (!!!), How to Be A Werewolf, Too Raging to Cheers, You're Lionel Richie, Auto-rock..

And be sure to watch their live-movie "BURNING".
It's awesome.

Vesanic

Mogwai = the shit. Got into them when I was 14.

Katamarans

I have to agree on their live-movie "BURNING". It just sets such a mood.

Special Moves is what i listen to the most. It's kinda Best-off live version, but you have to listen to it with bonus tracks that was digital download with cd purchase. It will get down to 17 live tracks with quality like haven.
We Kill Our Artists By Scheme:
Work - Consume - Die
Work - Don't Care - Die

lostpilot

I'm Jim Morrison from 'Burning' is the bomb.