Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Album of the week (theis edition)

Started by theis, Nov 04, 2011, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaniknifeParty Ænema

theis i like your taste in the music, I will keep following your album of the week

He had a lot to say...
He had a lot of nothing to say.

theis

Unearthly Trance - "Stalking the Ghost" [2017]

I've had this on repeat since its release. Great stuff.

If you like your sludge dirty and grimy, then check this out. Some nice variations in the vocals too.

Crazylegs

Gonna check this out. I need something new to listen to at work today.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: theis on Mar 04, 2017, 02:06 PM
Unearthly Trance - "Stalking the Ghost" [2017]

I've had this on repeat since its release. Great stuff.

If you like your sludge dirty and grimy, then check this out. Some nice variations in the vocals too.

I was expecting to hate this. Usually bands like this have unbearable vocals, and that's where I draw the line... But this was really very good!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

theis

Glad you guys dig.

Here's another recommendation:

King Woman - "Created in the Image of Suffering" [2017]

Doom with female vocals.

For fans of: True Widow, Windhand

Penicks

check ceazylegs' thread, they didn't like her vocals :(

Gonna see king woman and true widow live in April, how the hell do you act to such depressing music

Crazylegs

Quote from: Penicks on Mar 05, 2017, 11:27 AM
Gonna see king woman and true widow live in April, how the hell do you act to such depressing music

Me too! And Chelsea Wolfe.

theis

Crazylegs

Yeah, I'm seeing them at a doom/sludge festival in germany all the same day. Sumac and Crippled Black phoenix are playing the day before, but unfortunately i won't be there that day.

The Prodigy

theis

Bask - Ramble Beyond [2017]

Stoner/psych

ffo: Elder, Greenleaf, post-Blue Record Baroness

Crazylegs

well, obviously i'm gonna check this out.

theis

I knew I could count on you :D

Great album. Their previous album is also definitely worth checking out.

This is just great music for the spring season.

O

Crazylegs

Of course you aren't. Go listen to some more crazy town.

O

Penicks

Quote from: Crazylegs on Mar 05, 2017, 12:19 PM

both bands played very tightly live, was a bit afraid because king woman sounds like a deaf person screaming in some live vids and true widow has been known to be off key as hell but fuck they sounded incredibly massive

went to the concert alone, what a great experience just listening to great music with a nice beer in your hand and no social expectations

Crazylegs

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 17, 2017, 01:05 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Mar 05, 2017, 12:19 PM

both bands played very tightly live, was a bit afraid because king woman sounds like a deaf person screaming in some live vids and true widow has been known to be off key as hell but fuck they sounded incredibly massive

went to the concert alone, what a great experience just listening to great music with a nice beer in your hand and no social expectations

Agreed. Unfortunately i just made it in the door toward the end of the king woman set, but they sounded great. True Widow were definitely singing off key at times. That's kinda unfortunate, but holy fuck, experiencing sunday driver and jackyl live was mindblowing.
Chelsea Wolfe put on a great show too, the sound was pretty muddy though which bummed me out.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Theis.