Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Faith No More song ?

Started by Vesanic, Nov 10, 2011, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

The band is on a mini South American tour I believe, and they played this song yesterday in Argentina

Faith No More - "Unknown Song" (Nov 8, 2011) @ Estadio Malvinas Argentinas [PRO AUD]

People don't know if it's a cover or not.

theis

Whatever it is, it sounds great.

I'll shit my pants if they record a new album.

Vesanic

If you're interested, I've read the full proshot of this show was available somewhere, google it.

EDIT: Or maybe it is GOING to be released. Anyway, expect it.

Jacob

it sounds undeniably FNM-ish, even if it turns out to be a cover.

good stuff.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

mr.sinister

Great, great song. Its most definitely new FNM.  :)

Jacob

I'm not 100% convinced, but some of Mike's melodies sound VERY much like him. so if this is a cover, it's written by someone who's a big Patton fan. you can hear elements of his sonbwriting all over the place. the music itself is a bit trickier though, but unless they've sort of rewritten it to sound like FNM, several parts (especially the drums) sound an awful lot like FNM.

it'll be really interesting to see what comes of this. it's an awesome song, unfortunately plagued by pretty flat mixing, but I'm holding off on getting excited until we know more.

however, only the thought of new FNM material gives me a mental boner.

Vesanic

Seems like it is a new song after all.

deftoolsys07

nah dude, i'm totally not a FNM fan, i mean i dig their shit but i just haven't gotten into them yet, like i don't doubt i'll totally be a big fan once i give them a listen, but I did happen to see this video and everything and it was explained that it was a b-side to some album...

haha funny that i'm not a fan yet and i still know about this "new" or "unreleased", rather, song...

source was theprp.com
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Jacob

don't you think other people look up information too, dipshit? it being a b-side to the King For A Day album is only a theory, based around the fact that Mike Patton said they might play a b-side from that era. this was because the guitarist they had on that album joined them for one show and they played the entire album from start to finish, plus this "new" song and the b-side Absolute Zero. which kinds of rules that theory out.

Jacob

rumor has it Faith No More is headlining Sonisphere in France this summer, and that they may also appear in the UK. so a european summer tour seems to be in the works. as this is the fourth year in a row that they tour now, it seems like they're back to stay. new album this year or next?

theis

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
rumor has it Faith No More is headlining Sonisphere in France this summer, and that they may also appear in the UK. so a european summer tour seems to be in the works. as this is the fourth year in a row that they tour now, it seems like they're back to stay. new album this year or next?

If they're coming back to Roskilde Festival I'm gonna jizz.

Vesanic

Hell I need a Belgian date. I missed them at Pukkelpop 2009 AND Dour 2010...

defsteve

Yeah. Rumoured for Sonisphere in the UK. That is the same weekend as the France one.

There is a Sonisphere announcement this week....so keep an eye open.

Kiss are also rumoured. And a load of others....haha
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website