Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 16, 2011, 12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

So, there is this guy selling a demo tape of Around the Fur for 500 US dollars

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deftones-Around-Fur-14-Mixes-Uncut-Pre-Mix-Studio-Master-Cassette-Tape-/190615123221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c618bf515

People who have paid are:

SomeOf: 80$
deftoneseba: 120$
Vesanic: 100$
Penicks: 50$
juvenile: 50$
Jesus2Chino: 20$
Heisenberg: 20$
Inkblades: 20$
poofing acid: 20$
buddyboy101: 20$

Reminders:

- Only people who pay will get the lossless rip of the tracks. This will NOT be shared on the internet, YouTube, or whatever. This is 500 US dollars, keep that in mind.
- Since deftoneseba has paid the biggest amount and he's the one who has let us know about the tape, HE will keep the cassette.
- I will rip it into lossless tracks and those will be sent to all the people who contributed.
- If anything goes wrong, I will pay everyone back, don't worry.

Keep that in mind: 500 is the starting bid and it's still on for 5 days... I'm not SURE that we'll be able to win it.

snw9

Cool. can't wait to hear the songs. Remember everyone, no sharing.

Good coordination btw V
Code: [Select]

Jesus2Chino

If it comes down to it, just throw that extra $20 in from me V! I'm excited for the tracks!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

sing blue silver

goddamnit. i wish i had a credit card and didn't have to wait 2 weeks for money to go onto my paypal from my bank. enjoy that stuff guys.

from_musings

hey V,

i'm at a party right now and won't be home until til tomorrow, but i said i pay 50 bucks and i will stand by my word, keep the extra 10 ;) is it cool to pay tomorrow`?

want this

poofing acid

So what equipment are you using to rip this?

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Dec 16, 2011, 01:39 AM
hey V,

i'm at a party right now and won't be home until til tomorrow, but i said i pay 50 bucks and i will stand by my word, keep the extra 10 ;) is it cool to pay tomorrow`?

want this

Sorry man, poofing acid has already dropped 20 and now I'm waiting for buddyboy101's other 20.

sing blue silver

so i don't imagine anyone will be selling these after the fact?

sing blue silver

well as long as i can get my hands on them eventually.

from_musings

can i buy it for 50 bucks from you if im too late tomorrow? i'm getting stressed out by this

BillyNo.9

deftoolsys07

Mods, somebody delete this! This V dude is starting 3 topics in a row over some stupid bullshit!

Wish I had money to contribute. Now I get to miss out. =)
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Sicario

I really hope we get it. And I hope that no one posts it online.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Jesus2Chino

I'm feeling greedy, I promise not to share :).

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Vesanic

dictatesofreason

hey v if ya still need money ill help out

Sicario

Am I the only one amazed by this? How awesome is it that we are all pitching in despite being almost complete strangers? We all just have love for Deftones!
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

bodywars9000

I'll be more amazed if the people who recieve this, if it's legit, are selfish enough not to share such a cool find with the rest of us. The rest of us "strangers" bound together here in love of Deftones.

Personally i'd be pretty pissed, considering i would have paid plenty if i had the opportunity, which i did not. I love Around the Fur, and i'm sure many other ppl here too, and "deserve" to hear it just as much as any other guy, that just happened to throw 20 bucks into a fucking hat.

WTF.

For all that, i hope it's fake and you d-bags eat your words (let's not share! lolz!), and get ripped off in the process...
I can't really say that though, only cuz i really hope it's real either way. Assholes.