Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 16, 2011, 12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

Hmmm... Yah, it doesnt seem worth it after reading that guy's response... I mean 15 minutes is a significant amount, but some of those extra minutes could be complete silence in between each track for all we know ... It would be dope to have the tape though regardless.. but not for 500 bucks...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

skinnypuppy

I don't agree. 15 minutes is a big deal to one of the best records ever made. Think about it, wouldn't you want 15 extra minutes to a Beatles record if possible?

Like I said, I'm down for 50 dollars. All of us easily will spend 50 dollars just on one nights worth of alcohol, so why not this? The difference between the rough cut and final mix are probably very faint, but having both is something very few people have the opportunity to have access to. It's not worth 500 dollars in regards to 'rarity' - but it is if we get new versions of the songs that sound different.

Vesanic

juvenile and SomeOf have both got their money back. I think it's too late, now.

defburn

15 minutes deftones never hear !!!!!!!!!

Do you have the 500 Dollars ?

Fuggerbit

I can put the money but only if I get the item ^^

Deftones-argentina

Guys, judging by the level of knowledge the seller has, I think with the 15 extra minutes he's referring to the 3 songs that did not make the album (Chauffeur, THATH & I'll throw rocks at you). This would make sense to someone who likes the deftones but hasn't hear their whole catalogue.

Vesanic

Here's the description, for the reminder

These tapes were made about 6 months before Around the Fur came out.
This is the mix from the studio before the album was mixed-down.
The tracks are uncut and most songs are longer than what you hear on the album, with some intros and extended endings that didn't make it on the album.
And as you can see, most of the song titles are different from what you see on the album.
And as we know, the last 3 tracks weren't used on Around the Fur, but were used in several albums later.

defburn

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Dec 20, 2011, 11:57 PM
Guys, judging by the level of knowledge the seller has, I think with the 15 extra minutes he's referring to the 3 songs that did not make the album (Chauffeur, THATH & I'll throw rocks at you). This would make sense to someone who likes the deftones but hasn't hear their whole catalogue.

Indeed , It s possible this 15 minutes are the 3 songs.

the chauffeur (duran duran cover)   5'22min
crenshaw punch / I'll throw rocks at you   4'49min
to have and to hold 2'54

TOTAL approximately 13 mins

Fuggerbit

Let's say I pay 200$ and get the item does that make sense to you? On pourrait parler en Français d'ailleurs, mais bon

Vesanic

Quote from: Fuggerbit on Dec 21, 2011, 12:06 AM
Let's say I pay 200$ and get the item does that make sense to you? On pourrait parler en Français d'ailleurs, mais bon

Non, car je ne le sens pas non plus, je vais aussi reprendre mon argent. Donc, ça ne me concerne plus.

defburn

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 21, 2011, 12:02 AM
Here's the description, for the reminder

These tapes were made about 6 months before Around the Fur came out.
This is the mix from the studio before the album was mixed-down.
The tracks are uncut and most songs are longer than what you hear on the album, with some intros and extended endings that didn't make it on the album.
And as you can see, most of the song titles are different from what you see on the album.
And as we know, the last 3 tracks weren't used on Around the Fur, but were used in several albums later.

Si les chansons sont plus longues là c'est intérréssant !!!!!!

Fuggerbit

On attendra qu'il le remette moins cher, la cassette va pas disparaitre de toutes façons

djzap

The Muse forums did it right. Maybe take a leaf out of their book?

"The demo was put up for auction on eBay on 28 February 2008 and Muse fans from the official forum, Muselive, MuseWiki and Muse Messenger donated money to help collectively purchase it. Approximately £2,500 was raised for the auction, of which only £740 was required for the purchase.[2] Digital copies of the tape were then created and shared for free, after which the tape was re-sold and donators were refunded their money."

Vesanic

I'm off to bed, guys. Everyone's getting their money back tomorrow (except juvenile and SomeOf, who already have).

Send me a private message to confirm you received your money.

ignore the fashion

djzap, I suggested that, maybe not in this thread but one of the other 2 that were made!

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: djzap on Dec 21, 2011, 01:09 AM
The Muse forums did it right. Maybe take a leaf out of their book?

"The demo was put up for auction on eBay on 28 February 2008 and Muse fans from the official forum, Muselive, MuseWiki and Muse Messenger donated money to help collectively purchase it. Approximately £2,500 was raised for the auction, of which only £740 was required for the purchase.[2] Digital copies of the tape were then created and shared for free, after which the tape was re-sold and donators were refunded their money."

It's not a fair example to compare Deftones's popularity to Muse's, you know. I get your idea but this kind of effort would require a massiveness & momentum that this cause just can't have (in my opinion, of course).

slyartwork

Too bad, It would be just fun to buy it all together... Too bad!! I dont have the time to get into it but I would def want to buy it with all ppls help....

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

dawg

Turns out no one bought it :)

Why don't we try to reason with the guy from ebay and ask him to sell it cheaper and we then sell the tracks for Chi?
If he has no use for the tape and can't give a detailed describtion of what is so special about it, he might as well lower the price.

And btw, if you would have bought the tape V, you probably had to pay a lot of taxes at customs ;)

snw9

Judging from what it is, I wouldn't pay above $100. They're not demos, something we haven't heard already. So whoever contacts the dealer, don't pay full price!
Code: [Select]

Inkblades