Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur demos tape: second recap (lol)

Started by Vesanic, Dec 15, 2011, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I've sent all the money back. Please send me a private message to let me know.

Also, keep in mind that paypal takes a commission on every payment, so I'm not sure you'll get exactly what you gave me, but be sure that I didn't keep a dime.

Penicks

got it back brah

that ebay dude should put one song online as a preview

Inkblades

poofing acid

Thanks for including me in the discussion!

Slacker

i went through his reviews, and it seemed like this guy was legit...selling some shit like: Deftones ADRENALINE Sampler Cassette Tape Promo 1996 (#190442601015) to a guy i think we could be familiar: "sly" from the netherlands... he had sold  lot of deftones shit that we can catalog as rare. i dont know man, i would jump in with some cash if we give it a go again.

Vesanic

Well I don't know man, I've sent him two messages since the end of the auction and no reply so far.

Bqad

Quote from: Slacker on Dec 24, 2011, 12:32 AM
i went through his reviews, and it seemed like this guy was legit...selling some shit like: Deftones ADRENALINE Sampler Cassette Tape Promo 1996 (#190442601015) to a guy i think we could be familiar: "sly" from the netherlands... he had sold  lot of deftones shit that we can catalog as rare. i dont know man, i would jump in with some cash if we give it a go again.

The guy is totally legit and has some really cool shit. Bottom line is that $500 is just an absurd price for that tape.

gottsu

iceache

Starting bid:   US $499.99

Buyout price: US $799.99

Wow that guy thinks was too highly of himself.

blondie

i have a copy of this; it's nothing special. the only differences are:

*my own summer has an intro
*bqad has a longer, different ending with different lyrics
*no girl on mx and sounds different from the album version

the quality is pretty shit, nowhere near what they're asking for. i'd say 50 bucks tops.

deftoner664

Quote from: blondie on Jul 09, 2012, 05:16 PM

the quality is pretty shit, nowhere near what they're asking for. i'd say 50 bucks tops.

You gotta be kidding... I thought that guy selling the tape said they were one of a kind; only a few tapes made which were distributed throughout the band and the producer.. How did you get ahold of one? And I agree the price is bullshit
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Danny Keyes

rip and upload that shit!

Penicks

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Jul 09, 2012, 08:24 PM

seconding this and adding pretty please

blondie

Quote from: deftoner664 on Jul 09, 2012, 06:38 PM
How did you get ahold of one? And I agree the price is bullshit

i got it from a guy who used to service soundboards and other equipment for maverick back in those days. i remember him mentioning there were several floating around during that time, so i don't think they're as rare as this guy makes them out to be. as far as price, i'd definitely sell it at 500 now since apparently people here find it reasonable enough to pay it XD.

can't. it's against SL rules ;D. plus, i don't have a cassette player, nor do i intend on getting one. yay!

Vesanic

Everybody uploaded official stuff, so you doing it wouldn't be a problem.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 09, 2012, 11:00 PM
Everybody uploaded official stuff, so you doing it wouldn't be a problem.

Its the same guy again. I even tried emailing him once asking him nicely for the tape or to exchange it for something. HE told he'd try and upload it.................never heard from him again...lol and here we are again....
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Told me the same thing. Said he also had some other "sick" Deftones stuff. Fuck him. Well, if the cassette is really that shitty, that is.

Danny Keyes

Quote from: blondie on Jul 09, 2012, 09:44 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Jul 09, 2012, 06:38 PM
How did you get ahold of one? And I agree the price is bullshit

i got it from a guy who used to service soundboards and other equipment for maverick back in those days. i remember him mentioning there were several floating around during that time, so i don't think they're as rare as this guy makes them out to be. as far as price, i'd definitely sell it at 500 now since apparently people here find it reasonable enough to pay it XD.

can't. it's against SL rules ;D. plus, i don't have a cassette player, nor do i intend on getting one. yay!

really? well you know, i have eros on vinyl but i can't rip it either. tough luck ha!?

deftoolsys07

really? well you know, i have eros on vinyl but i can't rip it either. tough luck ha!?

I'll upload that shit if enough people here request it. The vinyl copy really isn't too rare (2,000 copies). It doesn't have the covers they did on it though, which is Alice In Chains - Rooster, and Santigold - Desparate Youth (fucking sounds awesome, listen to the original if you haven't heard it. He tweeted a link to it some time ago.. One of their best covers... Anyway I'll try to up it in the next couple days... You don't have to be an asshole and hoard shit, Rome.. fucker..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/